Pot and guns same?

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Pot and guns same?

Post by maryjane48 »

New Brunswickers will have to keep marijuana locked up under proposed legislation\

The New Brunswick government says it is trying to protect young people from the dangers of cannabis use by introducing new legislation that requires users to lock up their marijuana when at home.

“I think just the fact (the laws are) there, it creates awareness and just awareness in itself is a good step forward in order for people to understand we are serious about keeping children and youth safe and having those products out of their hands,” said Benoît Bourque, the province’s health minister.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3847629/new- ... m=Facebook

glad i dont live there :200: :200: :200:
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Pot and guns same?

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think the idea is that people don't leave that stuff lying around open unattended on coffee tables or somewhere easily accessible to toddlers or pets - Maybe this is going to play a bigger role with edibles
A child proof container is smart like any drug you'd buy.

NB is a nice province lots of cool little towns
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

jimmy4321 wrote:I think the idea is that people don't leave that stuff lying around open unattended on coffee tables or somewhere easily accessible to toddlers or pets - Maybe this is going to play a bigger role with edibles
A child proof container is smart like any drug you'd buy.

NB is a nice province lots of cool little towns

uh yea but is booze treated same? or drano or tylenol? name me something other than guns that people have to keep locked up by a law
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Locked up can mean anything, and i'm guessing just something to prevent easy access.
Maybe this IS an opportunity or missed opportunity to address liquor? When it comes to impaired driving things will change for alcohol and marijuana.
Also politicians need to go on record on this stuff to ensure survival come election time, meanwhile when they eventually collect and depend on the revenue they will be scheming ways to collect more and more.

You think NB is uptight about this, wait till NS (2nd largest consumer of marijuana) puts their plan out Lol

Return to “Canada”