Oilsand workers want to switch to green jobs

christopher
Board Meister

Re: Oilsand workers want to switch to green jobs

Post by christopher »

alanjh595 wrote:1st. What is a "Green Job"?

Capture.JPG

2nd. What number of current Site-C employees would have the acquired education to be able to apply for these jobs?

3rd. How many of these job positions are there currently in BC/Canada?

How many years of university education would it take a truck driver/loader operator/crusher operator/welder/and all the support personnel to be even marginally able to make the short list of potential candidates for these jobs?

I want some FACTS/poll to support that opinion.

The only place I know off that you could find openings for more then 1/2 of the jobs on your list is the OIL SANDS.
Not counting the environmental and safety people on site C hired by the contractors maybe 150 people will have a chance.
The thing is for every 1000 workers maybe 20 of these jobs can happen and if the other 980 workers are at home they don't need any.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

christopher wrote:
The only place I know off that you could find openings for more then 1/2 of the jobs on your list is the OIL SANDS.
Not counting the environmental and safety people on site C hired by the contractors maybe 150 people will have a chance.
The thing is for every 1000 workers maybe 20 of these jobs can happen and if the other 980 workers are at home they don't need any.

Ironic, isn’t it?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

christopher wrote:

People who oppose the oil sands are just such boneheads. So dumb.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”