Trudeau cuts injured soldiers' pay off

kelofornia
Übergod

Re: Trudeau cuts injured soldiers' pay off

Post by kelofornia »

Verum wrote:Do you honestly expect our PM to be informed of and approve each and every decision made by a government Department? Yes, he should have been aware of this change, but the assumption that he was and did approve is just that, an assumption. Additionally, we do not know the rationale for this policy change. This jumping on each and everything one can get outraged over is just partisan politics and not applying intelligent criticism to our politicians. They all deserve that we use our brain and not just lash out like mindless partisans, otherwise we are part of the problem.

That's it, keep making excuses for the drama teacher.

An expectation that the leader of a country is INFORMED is more than acceptble, it is what should be DEMAND by the people. Our photo-op has had enough time to get his *bleep* together and start taking on the responsibilities of the role he accepted.

I'm no Harper fan but the "he's just not ready" ads are turning out to be truer than true. Doh
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

kelofornia wrote:That's it, keep making excuses for the drama teacher.

An expectation that the leader of a country is INFORMED is more than acceptble, it is what should be DEMAND by the people. Our photo-op has had enough time to get his *bleep* together and start taking on the responsibilities of the role he accepted.

I'm no Harper fan but the "he's just not ready" ads are turning out to be truer than true. Doh

I am not a fan of Trudeau, despite what those who believe that anyone who doesn't criticise him supports him. His former career as a teacher isn't something to use as an insult and those who do so are being ignorant. Many great people have been teachers.

As for whether he should have been informed, I agree, but it is naive to assume that any PM in recent decades has been informed of even the majority of decisions made by the different government departments. Unfortunately, we had very poor options last time around.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

kelofornia wrote:That's it, keep making excuses for the drama teacher.

Failed drama teacher.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

GordonH wrote:^^^ but if you or your employer, supplies extended medical (coverage for injury or sickness) you are still covered or you can apply for EI Sickness benefits.

Yes, but that is still a significant cut.

There still aren't any new stories providing more information on this "cut".

BUT, speculating a bit, there was a fuss over the "danger pay" premium given to forces members that serve in high risk areas, that had been extended to rear echelon support members that weren't even actually in the high risk area. I wonder if this might relate to that fuss? IF, big IF, that is what it is, it could make some sense. And might explain why the one member said:

"“I get both sides. I understand the economics of taking away the allowance if you're not deployable I get all that,” he said."

So it could be that while the member is ill, he continues to get the "danger pay" for 6 months if ill. After that just regular pay.

Still not sure as no further reports on this story and its details have emerged. But certainly worth keeping an eye on.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Verum wrote:While I'm not defending the actions of the government the title of this thread is very misleading and I suspect intentionally so. The government and not just Trudeau has implemented and is enforcing a policy which will cut "a special monthly allowance", but not cut injured soldiers' pay off entirely as one might believe after reading the title. Again, I am not in the least defending or criticising the government or Department of National Defence for this action. I would be interested in finding out what the savings were intended to fund, it may be a better use of the funds, or it may be another military white elephant.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Instead of news outlets doing a proper job and giving the complete story. They cherry-pick information to elicit a certain response that they're looking for to get more people reading I see it all the time as well and find it incredibly shameful that they're not doing their job
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ there has been zero more about this "story" published by anyone. Somehow that makes me suspicious and also annoyed because IF there is a genuine issue, it ought to be sorted out.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”