Battle over plate

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Battle over plate

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Battle over plate

Post by TylerM4 »

Pretty stupid. What is this grade 7 where everything is an innuendo? Next they'll ban license plates with the word "Pencil" and "Rubber".
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

"I am increasingly dismayed by the hypersensitivity of some people who are 'offended' by every little thing they encounter. I am further dismayed that these 'easily offended ones' are not content only to be personally offended. Rather, they seem uniformly inclined to try to use the power of a supposedly 'neutral' state to do something about their whining," he says in the affidavit.
-
"I am dismayed that some anonymous, misinformed, overly sensitive individual, hiding behind their anonymity, can dictate to an entire province that my good name is suddenly an 'offensive slogan,' when it has never before been any such thing, nor is it today."

Nailed it.

Directors of the Nova Scotia Department of Motor Vehicles.

uh-huh-huh-huhh-huh-huh-she-said-knob.jpg

Either that, or they use the same word sensor software as Castanet's forums.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

What a @%^&*X joke. welcome to what we have created in society.
Some loser person who probably complains about every thing they come across, complained about this.
this is everywhere in society. victims all over the place.
the guy should sue that individual for making fun of his name.

Signed, Dick W

oops.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

WalterWhite wrote:
Either that, or they use the same word sensor software as Castanet's forums.

:up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

What does this have to do with “the far left”.

But anyone who thinks “GRABHER” sounds completely innocent and uncontroversial has not been following the news these past few months...

It’s an unfortunate name to have.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Of course the right would defend this fool as the defend roy moore
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no reason for this to happen, how many people with the last name skinner world wide, should they also all change there last name
leftwing nutjobs gone wild
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Re: battle over plate

Post by Poindexter »

I bet Dick Pound is paying close attention to the outcome of this case. :biggrin:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Nobody is telling anyone to change their last name. But outside of context, “grabher” means something else. I’ve never heard that last name before. Chances are if I had an obscure last name that was inappropriate out of context, I wouldn’t be able to put it on a plate either.

And skinning was a very real (and still legal) occupation. Indeed this is a country built partly by the fur trade. It’s obvious this is a name, Like smith.

Grabher, less so. Out of context it just sounds like sexual assault. Particularly when these words have been in such high profile news lately.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Omnitheo wrote:What does this have to do with “the far left”.

But anyone who thinks “GRABHER” sounds completely innocent and uncontroversial has not been following the news these past few months...

The only people who think that this name is not so innocent are those in the far left - nothing else to do but make much ado about nothing.

Its an unfortunate society we live in to have to coddle snowflakes.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

makes me want to puke
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It's not the far right that is trying to change all the words because someone's feelings may be hurt or it makes them uncomfortable. The left wing makes me uncomfortable so maybe we should get rid of them. :smt045

He has had his name for a long time and he's proud of his family. I'm proud of him for standing up to the weak :cuss: left wing liberal apologists.

"Grabher says his last name is a point of pride for his family and its Austrian-German heritage."
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

There's a very small percentage of people who've made it their lifes work to cause *bleep* and take offence with everything.
Always the same people, i'm certain we all know someone like it.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

It's his name! What's he supposed to do, change his name also? :cuss: some people...

Return to “Canada”