Rename Calgary?

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Rename Calgary?

Post by Jlabute »

They can’t have the parliament buildings but they can have trudeau. We traded some blankets for the property.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^ I will gladly throw in my own blankets, furniture, stewpot and burro if they would take JT away with them.

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ throw in some and take Sheer too.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Just to twist the knife someone should also request Calgarians change the name of the Flames because the LGBTQ finds it offensive.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If Edmonton's Eskimos have to change their name, so should the Flames, just sayin'
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Rename Calgary? It wouldn't do any good. It's still just bigoted southern Alberta. Too spoiled by decades of oil wealth that they've squandered on junk and toys. Always blaming someone else for their failure. Failing to save for the inevitable rainy day that came with the oil price crash. Could have stashed it away and invested in the future, but hey, that was some big party. Always wanted to be just like Americans, and now they are.

Jason Kenny is promising to make Alberta great again, but if he's elected, he'll meet with the same level of success that Donnie has in the USA.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:Rename Calgary? It wouldn't do any good. It's still just bigoted southern Alberta. .

oh good grief. Just ridiculous.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

bob vernon wrote:Rename Calgary? It wouldn't do any good. It's still just bigoted southern Alberta. Too spoiled by decades of oil wealth that they've squandered on junk and toys. Always blaming someone else for their failure. Failing to save for the inevitable rainy day that came with the oil price crash. Could have stashed it away and invested in the future, but hey, that was some big party. Always wanted to be just like Americans, and now they are.

Jason Kenny is promising to make Alberta great again, but if he's elected, he'll meet with the same level of success that Donnie has in the USA.

Wow, that is the most bitter statement I have read in a long time. To group all people from Calgary in one group is like saying everyone in the Okanagan is a drug pushing homeless junkie........
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

vegas1500 wrote:Wow, that is the most bitter statement I have read in a long time. To group all people from Calgary in one group is like saying everyone in the Okanagan is a drug pushing homeless junkie........

You are pretty close to the truth.
Bring back the LIKE button.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

bob vernon wrote:Rename Calgary? It wouldn't do any good. It's still just bigoted southern Alberta. Too spoiled by decades of oil wealth that they've squandered on junk and toys. Always blaming someone else for their failure. Failing to save for the inevitable rainy day that came with the oil price crash. Could have stashed it away and invested in the future, but hey, that was some big party. Always wanted to be just like Americans, and now they are.

Ya if only they did not have to give up the transfer payments to the rest of Canada.
If only they could have put Alberta labour first rather then hire from all over Canada for the jobs.
You people that hate Alberta need to post more in Calgary and Edmonton so you can plant the hate seed deep so the western separatist bunch has something to talk about.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Somehow folks on one side of the aisle never seem to able to understand the transfer system. Alberta doesn't "transfer" money to other provinces, they just don't get as much back from the feds. So when Quebec gets transfer money back, it is money paid by Quebec residents in the first place.

Kinda reminds me of the dippers who can't distinguish between debt that is self supporting, and NDP overspending debt.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

hobbyguy wrote:Somehow folks on one side of the aisle never seem to able to understand the transfer system. Alberta doesn't "transfer" money to other provinces, they just don't get as much back from the feds. So when Quebec gets transfer money back, it is money paid by Quebec residents in the first place.

Kinda reminds me of the dippers who can't distinguish between debt that is self supporting, and NDP overspending debt.

So just how much money has flowed out of Alberta to Ottawa? A lot. Between 2000 and 2014, on a net basis, Alberta’s individual and corporate taxpayers shipped an estimated $200 billion-plus to the federal government. That’s what left the province, less what the feds reinvested here.

To put that lofty figure in perspective, it’s nearly 12 times the value of the $17.4 billion Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund. No other province — including Ontario, with three times Alberta’s population — even comes close to matching this province’s contribution to the federation.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Who cares ?im from bc born in bc and alberta can pound sand . Oil sand to be more clear [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Equalization payments are the ones were the "have" Provinces, cough up so "have not" Provinces can spend free money. AKA winning the Equalization payments lottery.

Added: Quebec has been on this gravy train for many years now.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

maryjane48 wrote:Who cares ?im from bc born in bc and alberta can pound sand . Oil sand to be more clear [icon_lol2.gif]

my guess is FN people, Old people, health care, people on welfare, the list will be endless of people who care but then we all can not make 2000 dollars a week selling pot as you claim to be doing some off us work in Alberta to make a better life for our family.

Return to “Canada”