CRA finally doing their job... catch the crooks.

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

CRA finally doing their job... catch the crooks.

Post by GrooveTunes »

I guess airbnb will be required to co-operate as well as ebay, etc.

I just received this in my inbox… Seems the jackals in Ottawa are looking in every nook and cranny to find every last dime they can squeeze. No rock will be left unturned. I now fully expect an audit in the near future. I hope all of you have your books in order… They’re going back all the way to 2014:

Notice to Business Customers and Partners.

We’re writing to notify you that we have received a Federal Court order requiring us to disclose information to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) about PayPal Business account holders who sent or received a payment between January 1, 2014, and November 10, 2017. To comply with the order, PayPal Canada will make a disclosure to the CRA within 45 days of the date of the order.

If you have any questions about this email, please refer to our list of Frequently Asked Questions or contact us through our Help Centre.

Thank you for being a PayPal customer. We’re committed to helping your business get the best online and mobile commerce solutions so you can grow your business and compete in today’s digital economy.

PayPal Canada
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: CRA finally doing their job... catch the crooks.

Post by Queen K »

Yes, CRA is looking for people laundering income through Paypal.

The days of electronic monitering are upon us in full force now. There is still something to be said for cash. And the government hates cash. Hates it.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211749

According to this, cash is still preferred for smaller purchases and I know that if an idependent merchant asks, "do you need a receipt" they hope not.

But Paypal eliminates all that. And people with business accounts are either: a. scrambling or b. happy they kept their books in order.
Last edited by Queen K on Nov 16th, 2017, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Going to be tough to catch the bitcoin folks though.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I wish they would go after uber rich politicians and cabinet ministers. Lotsa money there!

[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”