Scheer bump turned out to be a pothole

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Scheer bump turned out to be a pothole

Post by maryjane48 »

I cant see very many people voting for andy. I think he reminds alot of people of damian from that scary movie :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:I cant see very many people voting for andy. I think he reminds alot of people of damian from that scary movie :130:

Not sure what this means. Anyway, I can see a lot of people voting for Andrew Scheer. And a lot that are fed up with Trudeau.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Trudeau will never be popular with the far right. We get that. Trudeau will never be popular with the far left. We get that.

The trick is to do things that improve the lives of people in the middle.

I fully understand that the right has bought into the false narrative that taxes are bad, lower taxes are better, blah, blah, trickle down supply side economics, blah, blah. Well it doesn't work. Neither does the NDP "tax the heck out of everybody and we'll look after you [after we take our NDP corruption cut, of course}.

Somewhere in the middle is correct and optimum balance. The best way to achieve that is that each should contribute to the country in accordance with their ability to so.

Constantly acting out as Shylock is demeaning to the far right.

Constantly pretending that there is a bottomless pit of other people's money to squander demeans the far left.

Doesn't mean that JT and crew have it right, but at least they seem to be trying.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

hobbyguy wrote:Constantly pretending that there is a bottomless pit of other people's money to squander demeans the far left.

The NDP said they'd at least TRY to balance the books, while the Liberals have absolutely no intention of doing so. So it appears to me that it's the Libs who think there's a "bottomless pit of other people's money to squander".
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Were does it say we have to have a balanced book ? Plus under the federal reserve system its impossible to truly be in the black . The house wins more than the player
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

maryjane48 wrote:Were does it say we have to have a balanced book ?

Although sometimes it can be beneficial to borrow money to invest in our economy, constantly running on borrowed funds is going to eventually come back to haunt us.

When the Libs were elected they promised to run small deficits for a few years to build some much needed infrastructure and give our economy a boost.

Since then those "small" deficits have become much larger, with no end in sight, and the promised infrastructure is virtually non existent. In addition to which, the economic stimulus the deficits were said to provide is no longer necessary, as the economy is currently firing on all cylinders (due to improved world wide economic conditions).

Deficits can provide much needed stimulus when the economy is in the doldrums, but a Government that still runs deficits when the economy is doing well, is a Government that is fiscally irresponsible.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Were does it say we have to have a balanced book ?

LOL
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”