Antifa hypocrisy

Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Re: Antifa hypocrisy

Post by Keith Duhaime »

the truth wrote:
i love the fnc-2 :smt045 :smt045

FNCs are assault rifles. No thanks! Would love to take a SCAR-H out to a range though and see how it compares to the C1 I used to carry.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Verum wrote:You are basically describing the paradox of tolerance and taking what has been rationally dismissed by most philosophers who have tackled the topic, from Popper on. To tolerate intolerance is cowardice and will ultimately result in the loss of tolerance, usually of a specific group.

To be clear, I have serious reservation and misgivings about Antifa and would certainly rather see their demise, but I would apply the same to the Proud Boys, and the similarly ignorant and intolerant groups on the right-wing authoritarian end of the spectrum too.

There is a difference between demonstrating against an idea or ideology in a peaceful way and what went on by Antifa in Quebec City. I do not support either side but hypocrisy can sway me to not support one side more than the other. Antifa had the opportunity to hold the high ground but chose violence instead.
Popper's belief's about religion I tend to agree with but he was against quantum mechanics and that I have a problem with. One of the few philosophers I ever listened to because of his many views on real science.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

What violence ?the cops said they dont know who they folks with weapons were going to join. But what we do know is a death in virginia was caused by right.

And if antifa was going to crack few nazis in the head so what ? Who cares ?not me .
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

maryjane48 wrote:
And if antifa was going to crack few nazis in the head so what ? Who cares ?not me .

And some would say the same thing about antifa and the far left. - Who should care if a few of their heads get cracked? Little extreme in my books. I'd limit it to something more akin to a public spanking.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Antifa and their ilk. Are super evil. They talk about being against facism. Yet they look and act exactly like facists. Heck they even wear all black like Mussolinis facists .

These people are no better than clansmen or any other group of scum bags . Right or left.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:Antifa and their ilk. Are super evil. They talk about being against facism. Yet they look and act exactly like facists. Heck they even wear all black like Mussolinis facists .

These people are no better than clansmen or any other group of scum bags . Right or left.

Except that maybe Antifa haven't killed so many people. That might be a bit of a difference.
I'm not supporting Antifa, they should go away, but it's a bit extreme to compare them to a group involved in thousands of lynchings, and massive intimidation and discrimination of a minority over decades.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jflem1983 wrote:Antifa and their ilk. Are super evil. They talk about being against facism. Yet they look and act exactly like facists. Heck they even wear all black like Mussolinis facists .

exactly, many of them are starting to cover there faces also, we all know what that means, it means they know what they are doing is wrong
that simple
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Verum wrote:

Except that maybe Antifa haven't killed so many people. That might be a bit of a difference.
I'm not supporting Antifa, they should go away, but it's a bit extreme to compare them to a group involved in thousands of lynchings, and massive intimidation and discrimination of a minority over decades.

How do u know if antifa has killed anyone. The vegas shooter has been said to be antifa. Not sure if he actually ahot anyone or not. However he has been blamed or framed. So that puts antifa death count at 58. Plus 500 injured.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Indeed immediately after the Charlottesville hate rally, where a woman was murdered by right wing extremists, people flocked to the forums to bring attention to Antifa in the hopes it would detract attention away from the actions of the extremists.

Few forums posters would even acknowledge any misdeeds on the right wing side. They remained completely silent, except for screaming about antifa. A group many had never even heard of before.

This unfortunately seems to be a common MO. Trump does something wrong? Cry harder about Hillary. Nazis parading through the streets with weapons shouting hate speech? Yell about Antifa. Republican candidate turns out to be a pedophile and sex predator? Well the other guy is...*gasp* a liberal! And he’s...um...soft on crime (despite actually being a prosecutor against KKK members).

Yeah Antifa isn’t the best. But you can’t just criticize them while giving the right wing extremists (who have done far more harm) a free ride. Even in this thread, one of the main complaints against Antifa was “they could have taken the high road and didn’t”

So a group who has the option of taking the high road but doesn’t is somehow worse and more worthy of criticism than a group that consistently takes the low road?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Omnitheo wrote:Indeed immediately after the Charlottesville hate rally, where a woman was murdered by right wing extremists, people flocked to the forums to bring attention to Antifa in the hopes it would detract attention away from the actions of the extremists.

Few forums posters would even acknowledge any misdeeds on the right wing side. They remained completely silent, except for screaming about antifa. A group many had never even heard of before.

This unfortunately seems to be a common MO. Trump does something wrong? Cry harder about Hillary. Nazis parading through the streets with weapons shouting hate speech? Yell about Antifa. Republican candidate turns out to be a pedophile and sex predator? Well the other guy is...*gasp* a liberal! And he’s...um...soft on crime (despite actually being a prosecutor against KKK members).

Yeah Antifa isn’t the best. But you can’t just criticize them while giving the right wing extremists (who have done far more harm) a free ride. Even in this thread, one of the main complaints against Antifa was “they could have taken the high road and didn’t”

So a group who has the option of taking the high road but doesn’t is somehow worse and more worthy of criticism than a group that consistently takes the low road?

I think charlottesville was 2 factions of antifa fighting amongst themselves wasnt it. They sure looked like anti facists.

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Verum wrote:Except that maybe Antifa haven't killed so many people. That might be a bit of a difference.

How do u know if antifa has killed anyone. The vegas shooter has been said to be antifa. Not sure if he actually ahot anyone or not. However he has been blamed or framed. So that puts antifa death count at 58. Plus 500 injured.

I never said that Antifa members have or haven't killed anyone.

The is no credible evidence tying Paddock and his actions to Antifa, or the NRA, or Trump, or ISIS, etc. The fact is that we still do not clearly understand his motive for his actions and the frankly absurd claims that he was Antifa/Democrat/etc. because the targets were fans of country music, which is about the kind of conspiracy theory like evidence that some are using to determine his motives, just shows the level of desire by some to pin this on the "other side". Facts aren't what you want to be true and no amount of hoping otherwise by people who want to blame Paddock on Antifa/NRA will change that.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

virginia death was 2 sides oof antifa when one side the right side admit who they are and what they are . And they should be stomped out of our country them rebel reading alt righters as the only diff from them to hitler is a funny lookin mustache .
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Antifa scum are awful, and anyone who defends their horrible violent actions is disgusting.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 27th, 2017, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

maryjane48 wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Antifa scum are awful, and anyone who defends their horrible violent actions is disgusting.

Lol says the alt righter with a actual death on there hands in virginia .

Green Barbarian, I think you have to concede that the KKK, Nazis, 'right' or whatever it is called tomorrow is responsible for not just what happens at their events, but also the validation for people like Dylan Roof to act out (the church shooting in Charleston, SC.).

At the same time, antifa, the left, black bloc or whatever they might be called is not bloodless either. One only need look at what they have done to validate activities such as the destruction of field trials for golden rice, setting it back years in commercial production, literally causing potentially thousands of deaths.

Common to both groups is a failure to take responsibility for their own lifestyle choices and instead, externalize, sometimes by throwing around slurs, other times through property damage, if vocalizing enough they may end up validating others to extreme action, and finally by directly engaging in activities themselves that cause human injury or death.

Return to “Canada”