Canadians support gun ban in cities

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Canadians support gun ban in cities

Post by JLives »

johnrae wrote:This makes me so happy. This will be the nail in the coffin for the crazy left wingers. Justin will not be re-elected if he makes this an election promise..... I was waiting for this to come. Bring it on. I will be stocking up on ammo. There will be alot of people buying guns and ammo now. Obama tried this same crap and the gun sales when nuts. It was hard to buy guns in Canada as the Americans were buying them before they even made it to Canada. Stupid Liberals

No Obama didn't. Want to provide evidence of that? I'm a gun owner too but don't crap my pants over regulation laws.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

johnrae wrote:This makes me so happy. This will be the nail in the coffin for the crazy left wingers. Justin will not be re-elected if he makes this an election promise..... I was waiting for this to come. Bring it on. I will be stocking up on ammo. There will be alot of people buying guns and ammo now. Obama tried this same crap and the gun sales when nuts. It was hard to buy guns in Canada as the Americans were buying them before they even made it to Canada. Stupid Liberals

Obama didn’t try anything of the sort- people claimed he was going to after Sandy Hook, and gun sales went crazy, but that had nothing to do with any actual legislation or proposed changes, same as nothing will change here in Canada, as handguns already cannot be carried outside of a range. But keep on fearmongering bout those libruls coming to git yur guns (spoken as a gun owning liberal).
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gun owning liberals. Now ive heard every darn thing lol. :up:

That was a funny one.

So what is it. Are u a gun owner or a liberal
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Jflem1983 wrote:Gun owning liberals. Now ive heard every darn thing lol. :up:

That was a funny one.

So what is it. Are u a gun owner or a liberal

I'm both.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How does that work. You just vote against your own freedoms . Doesnt even make sense. Lots of room for you on the conservative side. Why team up with those who view you as the enemy.

To be a gun owning liberal. In todays liberal party. Is that not like being a judas. Essentially selling out peoples safety and freedom for a few pieces of silver. Or feel good morality points. Or whatever it is you feel you get by voting for trudeau.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I don't view government as the enemy. It's just how we do things together as a society. I view guns as a tool for acquiring food. Our laws are great right where they are as a balance of regulation and freedom. Liberals aren't even trying to change the gun laws. You're fearful for no reason.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Other libs view u as a gun owner as their enemy

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Jflem1983 wrote:Other libs view u as a gun owner as their enemy

No they don't. I shoot guns with lots of Liberals. Meet some maybe?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I suspect large part of the whole gun play in Canada, circles around gangs.
Hey I'm all for gangs going out away from the innocent public and shoot each other. Nothing wrong with lowering surface population of gangs (dead gang members saves on court & prison costs)
It's when non gang people get caught up in cross fire, that's what I am against.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Liberals won't do anything on this.
NDP are gonna make issue of this in hopes to pull their party out of the ditch, the result will be sentencing themselves to generations of obscurity.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Other libs view u as a gun owner as their enemy
lol - I'm with Jlives on this one. I'm a gun totin' gal myself.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

The poll was less than 3000 people. There is a certain group pushing for this. They are the victims of the Islamic killer Gamil Gharbi better known by his mothers surname as Marc lepine. The mass murderer who let the men go and murdered the women because he did not agree with them "taking men`s jobs" Sharia type stuff. Every December 6th the victims and their families remember this massacre. However, they want someone to pay for their suffering and hope to prevent further tragedies so every year they hold decent law abiding Canadian male gun owners responsible for both the massacre and their suffering. So campaign against guns and gun owners. Their real goal is the disarming of the Canadian people. It is sexist and bigoted but this does not stop them from exaggerating and fabricating fake polls using willing and agreeable pollsters and the media who share their ideology.
There already is enough gun laws and legal gun owners are not the problem. Gun owners in Canada are on a sort of parole because they are constantly monitored and checked each day by the police to ensure ongoing eligibility. Gun owners spouses must give their permission to allow their partner to continue to own guns.
Claiming that gun owners are killers in waiting is unfair and bigoted.
The victims of this massacre are obviously suffering from PTSD and are lashing out for closure. But they must not attack innocent people because that makes the killers actions more profound and damaging and gives him more power . And it makes those calling for more gun control a part of this atrocity.
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

EKOS pollster is nothing but a liberal shill the same polling company said Hillary had a 98% chance to win the election, so any poll done by them is suspect.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... le4352832/

http://www.poletical.com/opinion-polls- ... a-fail.php
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:I don't view government as the enemy. It's just how we do things together as a society. I view guns as a tool for acquiring food. Our laws are great right where they are as a balance of regulation and freedom. Liberals aren't even trying to change the gun laws. You're fearful for no reason.

You're incorrect. Liberals are indeed changing firearms laws.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3785263/gun- ... -promises/

What that means for you as a firearms owner is unclear at this moment, but rest assured, changes are coming and the Liberals' track record on this won't bode well for you.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:

No Obama didn't. Want to provide evidence of that? I'm a gun owner too but don't crap my pants over regulation laws.

Actually, gun sales soared to unprecedented highs under Obama. Again, you're incorrect.

Gun sales have since slumped under Trump, a well known defender of 2nd Amendment rights.

GUN SALES DOWN AFTER OBAMA BOOM YEARS

BY CRISTINA SILVA ON 3/23/17 AT 3:36 PM

President Barack Obama became known as America's gun salesman in chief during his final years in office. And gun sales data backs that title up.

Americans purchased more than $29.1 billion in firearms and $16.6 billion in ammunition during his two terms in the White House, an analysis from The Washington Post published Wednesday found. Some of that was fueled by Obama's repeated attempts to introduce gun control measures that could make it harder for some Americans to buy guns. In contrast, during the 16 years Bill Clinton and George W. Bush were president, Americans spent a total of, respectively, $21.1 billion and $22.9 billion on guns and ammo.

Obama's exit from the White House seems to have provided some Americans relief about the security of their Second Amendment rights. Since President Donald Trump won election in November, gun sales appear to be going down. In December 2016, for example, a popular time for gun sales as Christmas presents, the FBI conducted just 2.8 million backgrounds checks. The year before, the FBI conducted 3.3 million background checks around Christmas. Gun sales so far this year appear to have dropped by 17 percent.

http://www.newsweek.com/gun-sales-down- ... ars-573170
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”