Trudeau fails in Chinese trade talks - gets plain socks

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Trudeau fails in Chinese trade talks - gets plain socks

Post by Omnitheo »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Bob Vernon, you may have sized it up perfectly. I might add, the NDP did that with Petronas.

The Globalists never counted on China getting so rich, might have to bring jobs home. Oh wait, that's what Trump said. And is it happening? Any factories moving back home yet? No? Ya, that's the price of our cheap, throw away society.

Trump has secured many factories moving back to usa.

Foxxconn . BMW. There are many more

My post got deleted so maybe you didn’t see, but you know that Foxconn factory, if approved, is going to require 3 billion dollars of subsidies from taxpayers. Interesting that the people who liked your post also see, to be the ones who are usually so vehemently against government subsidies.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Omnitheo wrote: Interesting that the people who liked your post also see, to be the ones who are usually so vehemently against government subsidies.

The hypocrisy from the right never ends
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

As was pointed-out by some commentator somewhere recently...

When a National leader travels to sign international deals like this its simply meant as a diplomatic formality that follows weeks or months of all the real talks and negotiations. The trip is just supposed to be a public show of signing an already DONE DEAL.

So if you want to spin this FAIL to be anything but a solid slap-down... your LaLaLand is showing again.

Another observation... China has a larger market in some cities than they do with all of Canada. (Trudeau is but fart in the Asian wind)
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

If you're not willing to walk away you're just agreeing to the other party's terms. When did the right turn into a bunch of pansies?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

sobrohusfat wrote:As was pointed-out by some commentator somewhere recently...

When a National leader travels to sign international deals like this its simply meant as a diplomatic formality that follows weeks or months of all the real talks and negotiations. The trip is just supposed to be a public show of signing an already DONE DEAL.

So if you want to spin this FAIL to be anything but a solid slap-down... your LaLaLand is showing again.

Another observation... China has a larger market in some cities than they do with all of Canada. (Trudeau is but fart in the Asian wind)

I guess this shows that's not true. Our leaders aren't figureheads and do actually lead. Not making a deal isn't a bad thing. They just didn't meet our terms.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 9th, 2017, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

JLives wrote: When did the right turn into a bunch of pansies?

Bunch of snowflakes they are :smt045
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:200: :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

JLives wrote:I guess this shows that's not true. Our leaders aren't figureheads and do actually lead. Not making a deal isn't a bad thing. They just didn't meet our terms.

Trudeau looked like a complete fool in China. He has no leadership qualities and most certainly no business acumen whatsoever. It was glaringly evident when he stood on the stage like a deer in the headlights, with nothing to say (ummms and uhhhs don't count). Sadly, it's going to take a lot of hard work and a lot of time to rebuild our image on the international business front. Right now, we're a complete no-go zone for international investment.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

No he didn't. You just don't like him as a person. Your opinion doesn't mean much when it comes to Trudeau. He could cure cancer and you'd bitch about it. Country over party dude.

Return to “Canada”