Quebec to offer basic income

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Quebec to offer basic income

Post by maryjane48 »

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/11/b ... a-homepage

Its coming to province near you as its only way forward
.if bc allows site c they will have no choice in bc but to announce it here to as some wont be able to pay for hydro with the increases. Coming to pay off the 30 billion plus
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Quebec to offer basic income

Post by CapitalB »

Good, I honestly don't see any other ideas circulating to deal with the impending Robot and AI jobpocalypse, and 'new jobs' are not going to happen fast enough to close the gap.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Well, I guess we all know now were those transfer payments will be going to fund. 1 of bonuses of being a have not Province.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH wrote:Well, I guess we all know now were those transfer payments will be going to fund. 1 of bonuses of being a have not Province.

It will be coming to bc to as no one will be able to afford hydro anymore :130:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Well, I guess we all know now were those transfer payments will be going to fund. 1 of bonuses of being a have not Province.

maryjane48 wrote:It will be coming to bc to as no one will be able to afford hydro anymore :130:

Sure I will be looking for those increases to my hydro bill MJ. Oops lol
Last edited by ferri on Dec 11th, 2017, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Hey, free money.

Sign me up.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Why does it always feel like the working person take some it in the backside....... [icon_lol2.gif]
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

vegas1500 wrote:Why does it always feel like the working person take some it in the backside....... [icon_lol2.gif]

Some people are always on the look out for some new thing to pain their rear.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

MrBrocksEgo wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:Why does it always feel like the working person take some it in the backside....... [icon_lol2.gif]

Some people are always on the look out for some new thing to pain their rear.

Hard to miss when there’s so many. I believe your welfare check is in....
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

French privelege ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

vegas1500 wrote:
MrBrocksEgo wrote:Some people are always on the look out for some new thing to pain their rear.

Hard to miss when there’s so many. I believe your welfare check is in....

I work full time and pay taxes like everyone else, I'm just ok with some taxes going to keep our countrymen in health and home. The way I was raised it seems kind of entitled and selfish (and greedy and cold) to be so against something that will help out so many people who for whatever reason are unable to earn the amount of money necessary to live in reasonable comfort and security. Its terrible to think its ok to tell so many people some variation of "sorry, there are too many deadbeats and crack heads in your income bracket to justify the government helping you out."

If giving a few crackheads and deadbeats some money is the cost of helping out the far larger group of just poor people then so be it. Why is this debatable?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

I work full time and pay taxes like everyone else, I'm just ok with some taxes going to keep our countrymen in health and home. The way I was raised it seems kind of entitled and selfish (and greedy and cold) to be so against something that will help out so many people who for whatever reason are unable to earn the amount of money necessary to live in reasonable comfort and security. Its terrible to think its ok to tell so many people some variation of "sorry, there are too many deadbeats and crack heads in your income bracket to justify the government helping you out."

If giving a few crackheads and deadbeats some money is the cost of helping out the far larger group of just poor people then so be it. Why is this debatable?[/quote]

Well congrats for you. I would much rather have a choice to where my money goes and to whom I help. I guess I’m in the greedy and cold category ....and I am quite alright with that.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

MrBrocksEgo wrote:The way I was raised it seems kind of entitled and selfish (and greedy and cold) to be so against something that will help out so many people who for whatever reason are unable to earn the amount of money necessary to live in reasonable comfort and security. Its terrible to think its ok to tell so many people some variation of "sorry, there are too many deadbeats and crack heads in your income bracket to justify the government helping you out."

It's debateable. Just as salary at a company is. If you are more valuable and apply yourself more then others, you earn more. If there is a disability that prohibits your ability to be competitive, get a job and work hard then you can apply for assistance to help you live. I'm sick of the excuse "I make minimum wage and cannot feed the kids I had and no one will help me".

Return to “Canada”