maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Canadas solar potential

Post by maryjane48 »

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Canadas solar potential

Post by JagXKR »

Let's hope he doesn't. Already too much garbage coming at him and this would be even more.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Lol what garbage ? Andys fake nice guy act ? [icon_lol2.gif]
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Lol. "Solar is not competitive in Canada. What's required is for tax payers to pay more taxes so when they get a bill for solar power it won't cost them more than hydro".
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

I think a better focus would be on adapting our Candu technology to use Thorium as a fuel source. Granted, I am sure Brad Wall et al. won't be too stoked about that idea.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Candu reactors can use Thorium. Molten Salt Reactors are the future. Amazingly efficient and safe, using most of the product and having the leftover waste be far less radioactive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-b ... lear_power
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

maryjane48 wrote:

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/pete-poovann ... a-homepage

Lets hope our pm listens :130:

I know JT isn't the brightest light on the block but I don't believe he's a complete idiot so hopefully he will not look at this, Canada cannot afford it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

JagXKR wrote:Candu reactors can use Thorium. Molten Salt Reactors are the future. Amazingly efficient and safe, using most of the product and having the leftover waste be far less radioactive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-b ... lear_power

I really hope these get picked up. I saw a video on some self contained ones with an emergency fail system built in. The whole thing gets buried and it generates power till it runs out, if anything goes wrong the thorium gets dumped into a containment unit and all reactions stop.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Yup, thorium, I can hardly wait. 100 times cleaner and safer than solar or wind.

"One ton of thorium can produce as much energy as 200 tons of uranium, or 3,500,000 tons of coal. Coal, makes up 42% of US electrical power generation and 65% in China." Apparently our old nuclear waste can be recycled too.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

You see hobby and gang have not been telking the truth

There is only a govt subsady if the price is lower than advertised which is a,win .if higher the company pays the govt
Under its agreement with the companies, the province will subsidize the plants using funds from its levy on heavy industrial emitters if the power price falls below the bid price — if it’s higher, the companies are to pay the difference to the province.

http://edmontonjournal.com/business/ene ... -the-water

Bc was sucked in by bclibs :200:

Return to “Canada”