Pot isn't the "medicine" users want us to believe....

Chyren
Board Meister

Pot isn't the "medicine" users want us to believe....

Post by Chyren »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.4448015

This is SCIENCE. Not some guy on Youtube that rubs it on his junk and says it cures Cancer.

More needs to be researched for sure.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Pot isn't the "medicine" users want us to believe....

Post by Ken7 »

'The cart before the horse'

I have always thought this although when you actually say it people try and throw stones at you. There was a fellow in Ontario who has been professing he has cured Cancer. Rick Hanson I believe his name is, search him on Youtube for many videos.

I used to say I wish we could hear it right from one of the patient's Doctors on how they are at a loss of words, however all medical evidence shows the cancer is in remission or as Hanson claims tumors are all gone.

In saying what I have. I wish they could cure it, both parents have passed on as a result of it.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^

Reminds me of Stephen Hawking who has lived long beyond what was expected.

I doubt he uses MJ to prolong his life.

His brain cells are too valuable to mess with.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

The medicine argument was a large base for getting people to relax and allow the "it's just for fun" desired result.

This goal and method was neither subtle or witty, and I don't imagine many were really convinced by it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://icrs.co/

Mutations in brain isoforms of voltage-gated sodium channels have been identified in patients with distinct epileptic phenotypes. Clinically, these patients often do not respond well to classic anti-epileptics and many remain refractory to treatment. Exogenous as well as endogenous cannabinoids have been shown to target voltage-gated sodium channels and cannabidiol has recently received attention for its potential efficacy in the treatment of childhood epilepsies. In this study, we further investigated the ability of cannabinoids to modulate sodium currents from wild-type and epilepsy-associated mutant voltage-gated sodium channels. We first determined the biophysical consequences of epilepsy-associated missense mutations in both Nav1.1 (arginine 1648 to histidine and asparagine 1788 to lysine) and Nav1.6 (asparagine 1768 to aspartic acid and leucine 1331 to valine) by obtaining whole-cell patch clamp recordings in human embryonic kidney 293T cells with 200 μM Navβ4 peptide in the pipette solution to induce resurgent sodium currents. Resurgent sodium current is an atypical near threshold current predicted to increase neuronal excitability and has been implicated in multiple disorders of excitability. We found that both mutations in Nav1.6 dramatically increased resurgent currents while mutations in Nav1.1 did not. We then examined the effects of anandamide and cannabidiol on peak transient and resurgent currents from wild-type and mutant channels. Interestingly, we found that cannabidiol can preferentially target resurgent sodium currents over peak transient currents generated by wild-type Nav1.6 as well as the aberrant resurgent and persistent current generated by Nav1.6 mutant channels. To further validate our findings, we examined the effects of cannabidiol on endogenous sodium currents from striatal neurons, and similarly we found an inhibition of resurgent and persistent current by cannabidiol. Moreover, current clamp recordings show that cannabidiol reduces overall action potential firing of striatal neurons. These findings suggest that cannabidiol could be exerting its anticonvulsant effects, at least in part, through its actions on voltage-gated sodium channels, and resurgent current may be a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of epilepsy syndromes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27267376
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

All this info from the person who repeatedly states how "light em up" etc....

There's almost no recognized science saying anything positive. That again doesn't mean there's no benefits, it means the marihuana industry and users alike need to do the research instead of bashing the stuff that's out there saying its harmful.

If you want it treated for the miracle cure you all say it is, then have the science to back it up.

This isn't the opinion of one group, its the opinion of the Canadian Medical Association...yeah but they're not a dude on YouTube that says it so its obviously not real...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Keep in mind that cannabidiol is a chemical found in a plant which isn't the same as what people refer to as "pot".
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Fancy wrote:Keep in mind that cannabidiol is a chemical found in a plant which isn't the same as what people refer to as "pot".

Cannabidiol is one of at least 113 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis. It is a major phytocannabinoid, accounting for up to 40% of the plant's extract. Wikipedia

Oh really .do tell. [icon_lol2.gif]
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

There isn’t much research, but there is a fair bit of anecdotal evidence and clinical trials. CBD is not addictive or harmful and is a potential anti-inflammatory and may help reduce stress/anxiety, reduce seizures and pain.

Just like any drug, it may have side effects:
“The past decade has seen a nearly tenfold increase in the THC content of marijuana as well as the increased availability of highly potent synthetic cannabinoids for recreational use. These changes have been accompanied by the emergence of serious adverse cardiovascular events, including myocardial infarction, cardiomyopathy, arrhythmias, stroke, and cardiac arrest. In this Review, we summarize the role of the endocannabinoid system in cardiovascular disease, and critically discuss the cardiovascular consequences of marijuana and synthetic cannabinoid use. With the legalization of marijuana for medicinal purposes and/or recreational use in many countries, physicians should be alert to the possibility that the use of marijuana or its potent synthetic analogues might be the underlying cause of severe cardiovascular events and pathologies.” From the same site MJ gave.
Last edited by Jlabute on Dec 16th, 2017, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jlabute wrote: Just like any drug may have it entail side effects: ...

Probably the most significant side effect is from chronic use contributing to increasing levels of stupidity. Marijuana use can interfere with short term memory which is critical to learning new information. I do not believe marijuana should be illegal though. Prohibition has cost society far too greatly all ready. However, I do believe adults should make informed choices.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Pot smokers rarely get sick. Rarely go see a doctor. There are unknowns at play here.

That being said. There is zero reason to let shoppers drug mart sell weed. That is ridiculous
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Shoppers “Drug” Mart.

They sell other legal over the counter pin killers, and prescription medicine. Why wouldn’t they sell pot too?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Obama justin george clooney. Brad pitt. They guys that started apple seem to have done well for smoking pot and zero signs of memery loss (reefermadness hold over ) its a stereo type .

Free the weed
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Marijuana may ease painful symptoms of multiple sclerosis, a study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal in May suggests.

Jody Corey-Bloom studied 30 multiple sclerosis patients with painful contractions in their muscles. These patients didn’t respond to other treatments, but after smoking marijuana for a few days they were in less pain.

http://marijuanaworldnews.com/study-rev ... sclerosis/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:Oh really .do tell. [icon_lol2.gif]

You seem to have misinterpreted my post. Everyone should have been aware of what plant I referred to but the chemical I've never heard referred to as pot.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Canada”