Trudeau staffer in inappropriate sexual behaviour scandal

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau staffer in inappropriate sexual behaviour scandal

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Bonokoski: Hush surrounds alleged 'inappropriate behaviour' of PMO staffer

Mark Bonokoski
Published: December 14, 2017

While the Trudeau Liberals like to tout a zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior or sexual harassment — as in turfing offenders out of caucus — the prime minister appears more than willing to keep alleged indiscretions within his own inner circle on the down-low.

As in hush-hush.

Only now are we hearing, via the French-language television network TVA, that the deputy director of operations in the Prime Minister’s Office has been on forced leave since early November.

While it was perfectly acceptable for Trudeau to publicly oust two Liberal MPs from his caucus for sexual harassment to score political and feminist points during his election run — please stand up Scott Andrews and Massimo Pacetti — the prime minister was apparently not so willing to expose PMO senior staffer, Claude-Eric Gagne, to the same kind of public humiliation.

Why, exactly, is Gagne being investigated?

And what is the nature of his alleged misconduct?

Well, the PMO isn’t saying.

In fact, it initially wouldn’t even identify Gagne and, even after Gagne’s name was eventually confirmed, the PMO would not release any details of the allegations, other than it involved “inappropriate behaviour” involving an undisclosed number of women.

One? Two? More ? No comment.

When asked by the media for details, the PMO’s director of communications, Kate Purchase, used a time-honoured line to add nothing.

“Given the investigation is ongoing, it would not be appropriate to comment further in order to protect the integrity of the process, and ensure fairness for the parties,” she said in an email.

Indeed, it pays to have friends in high places, although there is always a snitch lying in the weeds.

But keeping this all hush-hush for almost two months, particularly with sexual harassment allegations at the top of the news and flying every which-way in virtually every industry, was no mean feat.

So, congrats to the PMO. You almost pulled it off.

When the House of Commons returns on January 29, former Liberal cabinet minister Hunter Tootoo, the MP from Nunavut, will still be sitting as an Independent after he was forced to resign from the Liberals following allegations of inappropriate behaviour with a female staffer.

snip

Then, of course, there is Liberal Calgary MP, Darshan Kang, who recently removed himself from caucus after a female constituency staffer accused him of inappropriate behavior.

Claude-Eric Gagne, however, is no ordinary schmo.

At the PMO, he had a team of more than 20 staffers, the majority of them women, and is considered by political observers as one of the more influential Quebecers in Trudeau’s inner circle, as well as the Liberal Party.

He has more than 20 years of active politics under his belt, most of it working for the Quebec wing of the Liberal Party of Canada. He hooked up with Trudeau in 2014 after working for the Liberal government of Quebec.

In a statement in French to Radio-Canada, Gagne said he has offered “my full and complete collaboration to the (independent) investigator,” and will be taking advantage of the opportunity to “explain my version of the facts in light of these allegations, which I dispute.”

Scott Andrews? Defeated in the 2015 election.

Massimo Pacetti? Didn’t seek re-election.

Hunter Tootoo? Probably on his way back to the frigidity of Nunavut for Christmas, thereby escaping the chilly political climate he faces in Ottawa

The PMO, meanwhile, has said all that it is going to say on Claude-Eric Gagne.

Nothing more to see here.

Time to move on.

http://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnist ... 90086ce193
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Trudeau staffer in inappropriate sexual behaviour scanda

Post by Queen K »

Thank you for that Gone Fishin, I hope you don't mind that I add the link to the Sexual Assault Allegations Thread where all these type of stories belong to show what a culture of continuum of power/assault we live in today.

Debate Trudeau's "hush hush" all you want please I believe it's because in JT's world a person is innocent until proven guilty via investigation instead of guilty automatically due an allegation.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I'll wait for actual information before commenting further. Hating the PM just doesn't cut it. All we know is there is an investigation.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

We already knew there was an investigation. And with 5 more links it's still all we know. Your source wasn't the issue.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm in agreement JLives, the mere allegation does not make for more justification to hate on Justin Trudeau. Only in some quarters there is no need for justification. And GF, you've published many articles about the Liberal government that have truly made my jaw drop. Just not this one. This type of investigation in the #Metoo era is not earthshattering. It's more earth shattering when women do not come forward.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

[

While it was perfectly acceptable for Trudeau to publicly oust two Liberal MPs from his caucus for sexual harassment to score political and feminist points during his election run — please stand up Scott Andrews and Massimo Pacetti — the prime minister was apparently not so willing to expose PMO senior staffer, Claude-Eric Gagne, to the same kind of public humiliation.[/b]

Why, exactly, is Gagne being investigated?

And what is the nature of his alleged misconduct?

Ok at the threat of being flippant, What would be appropriate sexual behaviour?
The list of alleged and proven sexual assault, inappropriate behaviour is getting longer by the day. I'm glad now my past was interacting with fir and hemlock trees and not people so much. Scary to think a past remark or play punch to the shoulder just might bring up headlines in the media.
Good on those that have been seriously assaulted and bringing it to the fore today.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

One of the most troubling aspects in the article, which the Trudeau cheerleaders missed entirely, is the complicity of Trudeau in trying to keep Gagne's indiscretions hush-hush.

So much for the promised transparency in government.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Rwede wrote:One of the most troubling aspects in the article, which the Trudeau cheerleaders missed entirely, is the complicity of Trudeau in trying to keep Gagne's indiscretions hush-hush.

Transparent. Like i foegot i owmed a villa in france.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Rwede wrote:One of the most troubling aspects in the article, which the Trudeau cheerleaders missed entirely, is the complicity of Trudeau in trying to keep Gagne's indiscretions hush-hush.

What indiscretions? The article you posted suggests that he was under investigation, not that he had actually done anything wrong.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 19th, 2017, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

What a scum-bag. This is right up there with trying to secretly pay that murdering terrorist Omar Khadr $10.5 million, or covering up and lying about flying around in private helicopters with Aga Khan. Just lies and arrogance. He just wasn't ready.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

How is it in the Sexual Assault Allegations thread it is something to note, but the second it affected our PM and his pretty hair people all of a sudden wanted it to be ignored.

What awful things to advocate while also telling others they shouldn't be silent....

I haven't seen many other public figures have a trial yet they have been convicted in public opinion...not once did the same postrers state things like "we should wait and see"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I said I am aghast at how many career people are being taken down by mere allegations. And yes, I admitted to GF via PM that I poached his link for the sexual Allegations Thread. Said I was bad for doing it. But I did anyways. :up:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:I said I am aghast at how many career people are being taken down by mere allegations. And yes, I admitted to GF via PM that I poached his link for the sexual Allegations Thread. Said I was bad for doing it. But I did anyways. :up:

Oh there are people being fired over just the allegation. This is true, few actually care, there are some terrible people getting taken down and certainly some scores being settled as well. (which is also terrible as false claims hurt everyone).

I just found it rather brutal that some are happy to crucify and lynch mob, and then elsewhere state we should wait and see.

IN fact all reporting should have stated that there has been a mass reporting in all facets of North America where people are coming forward claiming assault. As these become charges we will update....but no media knows what "fans" are like and feed the lunatics what they want......an excuse for righteous indignation and condemnation and sometime call for the person to die before any actual facts are known.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Veovis wrote:How is it in the Sexual Assault Allegations thread it is something to note, but the second it affected our PM and his pretty hair people all of a sudden wanted it to be ignored.

What awful things to advocate while also telling others they shouldn't be silent....

I haven't seen many other public figures have a trial yet they have been convicted in public opinion...not once did the same postrers state things like "we should wait and see"

We'd hate to see Trudeau's pretty hair ruffled by another scandal in the PM's office. Nothing to see here folks, just a little touchy feely and a mouse out of the house. Let's pull the innocent until proven guilty card, then run over to the Trump thread and put our kitty hats on.

It's shameful how the supposed "morally righteous" and "progressive" left wing want to protect the sexual deviants on their team.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Canada”