Pot Price

Nedroj
Übergod

Re: Pot Price

Post by Nedroj »

common_sense_guy wrote:This is just my guess but as soon as the government gets involved the price of Black Market weed will go up a little saving a close to dying Black Market. Some Growers are having trouble getting rid of their marijuana at a thousand to 1200 a pound now.if the government wants to make the price too high the black market will rebound. Just one person's opinion

You could very well be correct but I feel like i should chime in here as I have first hand experience with how the entire black market of drugs works.

Black Market Weed is considered a "Slush fund" to large criminal organizations. It will never pull in the amount of money Cocaine, E, MDMA, meth etc pull in as well as Its bulky, It smells a ton and transporting large amounts is very dangerous. Hard chemical drugs are small, hardly any smell at all and can be cut with filler to increase profits and transporting it is easy unless you get stopped by a K9 unit.

Gram of weed cost 10$
Gram of Cocaine 70$+/-

Stats in the USA show that in 2013 24.6 million people used illicit drugs (not including weed) compared to 19.6 million that smoke weed.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Pounds are down to less than 1000 dollars in town. Roughly 2 dollars a gram.

Who is excited for legal dope. At 13
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I have no idea what the price of pot is. I just know that my son is always broke! :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

Bsuds wrote:I have no idea what the price of pot is. I just know that my son is always broke! :biggrin:

The avg price i see at disp is around 7 a gram up to 10 .

I think it should be. 5 to 8. But at 10 or less the black market loses ground .more than ten the bm will. Gain again .

Grown in bulk. Its less than a dollar a Gram to grow so at ten or less everyones making money. From govt to grower to the retail.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ca ... 33?cmp=rss

Canadians to spend 7 billion on pot in 2019

Legal cannabis sales are expected to reach up to $4.34 billion, while illegal sales could be anywhere from $510 million to $1.04 billion, and medical cannabis could account for between $770 million and $1.79 billion of the market, the report says.

People who already consume cannabis ahead of legalization — who tend to be 18 to 34 years old and use it multiple times per week — are expected to start making about 63 per cent of their purchases legally, despite having to pay what Deloitte anticipates will be about 10 cents more per gram after legalization.

Pretty reasonable. I think people here are underestimating the appeal of dispensaries over dealers.

Let’s look at this supposedly booming bootleg alcohol industry that’s been mentioned in this thread.
You pull up to the shadiest house in the neighbourhood. A grisled man beckons you inside. You sit awkwardly on the couch, while his roommate?..Business Partner?..Big tattooed guy comes by with a flask. “It’s some good sh*t this week he says” handing the no name mystery liquid over as you exchange a few bills. You thank them and hurry out before you get asked to join them for a few shots.

Or you pull up to any of a dozen different liquor stores. Perusing countless aisles for every brew imaginable. You stock up on some of your favs, maybe try a new beer. The cashier takes debit, credit,
Maybe even Apple Pay. And all for the minor inconvenience of possibly getting ID checked or waiting in a 3 person lineup.
Last edited by Omnitheo on Jun 6th, 2018, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Smart like stick.

Currently. Every dispensary is illegal. They are all just drug dealers.

They buy weed on the street like everyone else
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

https://thcbiomed.com/

THC BioMed is a Licensed Producer located in beautiful Kelowna, B.C. Our focus is supplying Canadians with the highest quality, BC-grown Medical Marihuana at a price that’s affordable for everyone.

At what point do you tire of being wrong about everything?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lol. That isnt even a dispensary. They sell clones for 100 dollars each. Most people sell clones for 5 bucks each. Yep affordable.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

You claimed dispensaries were getting their products off the street, and that all were illegal, whereas here is a very legal company legally producing weed for legal distributors of legal medical marijuana.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Omnitheo wrote:You claimed dispensaries were getting their products off the street, and that all were illegal, whereas here is a very legal company legally producing weed for legal distributors of legal medical marijuana.

No they sell clones. They do not grow bud. U have no idea what u r talking about.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

How exactly do you think these clones are created? They just pop into existence fully grown? Maybe there’s a machine. They put a fully grown plant in, and magically out the other side spits an exact replica. Wow! How far science has come!!

But let me post another quote from their website
THC BioMed is passionate about growing all our strains organically, with the purest of nutrients and without the use of pesticides or other exogenous chemicals.

Perhaps before accusing people of not knowing what they’re talking about, you should do some research of your own, or actually provide some sort of evidence to back up anything you say.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Omnitheo wrote:How exactly do you think these clones are created? They just pop into existence fully grown? Maybe there’s a machine. They put a fully grown plant in, and magically out the other side spits an exact replica. Wow! How far science has come!!

But let me post another quote from their website
THC BioMed is passionate about growing all our strains organically, with the purest of nutrients and without the use of pesticides or other exogenous chemicals.

Perhaps before accusing people of not knowing what they’re talking about, you should do some research of your own, or actually provide some sort of evidence to back up anything you say.

That shop is pretty hi tec. They do the clones on a celular level. Thats how they can charge a hefty price . Thc biomed does not as far as i know sell to joe blow. Only to licensed lpos

theseeker
Fledgling

Post by theseeker »

Well alot has been said. As a 70 something ex hippie and ex toker I purchased some legal M.J. shares of Canopy and Auroa in March of 2017 and have been following the markets. Canadian pot producers have purchased permits and rights to sell through out the world, they will be producing it in soda's, waffers that desolve in your mouth, also in pill form. As for the Black market it will always be there, now don't forget all home owners will be able to grow 4 plants in each home, also there is a company called Blo.cn on the market that is designing a breath alizer out of Burnaby B.C. which I also have some shares in, so please forgive my spelling , like Bill Clinton said I never inhaled. Peace

Return to “Canada”