Dad fell off ladder and died.....

dle
Lord of the Board

Dad fell off ladder and died.....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214512

Very sad story.

This story is disturbing in that I wish an 82 year old guy hadn't felt the need to go up on the roof to look for the leak himself - he should have called someone to assist him. Now people must mourn his bad choice. Don't do that stupid *bleep* guys.....you only hurt the ones that love you.

Now, this fella was 82. Unless that's a typo, I can't wrap my head around the son saying his dad was the sole breadwinner for the family at that age, and that his son says they will be financially devastated. Ummm, how the heck old are his kids and family and why would they be financially devastated? Wonder why they aren't supporting themselves?
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Dad fell off ladder and died.....

Post by Jflem1983 »

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-214512-4-.htm#214512

Very sad story.

This story is disturbing in that I wish an 82 year old guy hadn't felt the need to go up on the roof to look for the leak himself - he should have called someone to assist him. Now people must mourn his bad choice. Don't do that stupid *bleep* guys.....you only hurt the ones that love you.

Now, this fella was 82. Unless that's a typo, I can't wrap my head around the son saying his dad was the sole breadwinner for the family at that age, and that his son says they will be financially devastated. Ummm, how the heck old are his kids and family and why would they be financially devastated? Wonder why they aren't supporting themselves?

Lots of people living off the last generation in this city
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Jflem1983 wrote:

Very sad story.

Lots of people living off the last generation in this city

Yeah I'm sure there are too, however I would hope it's not total dependency like what this son seems to say. Doesn't sound like the family contributes anything at all if they will be "devastated" financially.....anyways not my beeswax but I found it curious...thought maybe the age might be a typo...
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

And it’s in Burlington Ontario....not "this city".
You and 71 others Like this post
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Well, they can turn off the X-mas lights and save a few grand on electricity.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Even Steven wrote:Well, they can turn off the X-mas lights and save a few grand on electricity.

Yes, there is that and by the looks of that place it would help a lot!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The first thing that came to mind, is any of his children still living in the area. If so, how come they did not go up the ladder.
When my parents were still alive, I told them don't do something foolish. I'm just phone call away, so just call I'm willing to drop anything to come help.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

GordonH wrote:The first thing that came to mind, is any of his children still living in the area. If so, how come they did not go up the ladder.
When my parents were still alive, I told them don't do something foolish. I'm just phone call away, so just call I'm willing to drop anything to come help.

Ya! No offence guys but a lot of y'all tend to think you can do all manner of stupid things without assistance (and don't get me started on asking for directions) and it doesn't usually end well so just quit it would ya?!

Your dad probably knew he could trust you to know what to do and come help - maybe this dad didn't think anyone in his family was up to the challenge ...he was 82 and they were still dependent on him after all.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:The first thing that came to mind, is any of his children still living in the area. If so, how come they did not go up the ladder.

dle wrote:Ya! No offence guys but a lot of y'all tend to think you can do all manner of stupid things without assistance (and don't get me started on asking for directions) and it doesn't usually end well so just quit it would ya?!

Your dad probably knew he could trust you to know what to do and come help - maybe this dad didn't think anyone in his family was up to the challenge ...he was 82 and they were still dependent on him after all.

The choice he made ended very badly for him & his family. Looking at picture its not a rancher type home, 1 wrong move it's game over.

My condolences to his family and friends.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dondouglas99

Article: dying doing what he loved. Old guy hanging lights.

Post by dondouglas99 »

Find the article about 82 year old man hanging lights and fell to death from ladder.
Issue: son says lights won't be on next year cause dad was sole bread winner in family. Times will be tough. Please help me understand. Why mention only bread winner in family in this article. The man was 82. Would like a story written why an 82 year old man is responsible to feed and care after the family. His kids are probably around 60. No lights again I get. Old man love doing it and he's gone. Simple enough explanation. But to mention bread winner by a 60 year old family member talking about an 82 bread winner. I'll wait to hear this news article written.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Very sad story.

When I read the story I was wondering exactly the same thing.

Return to “Canada”