Sewage in our waterways.

Sewage in our waterways.

Postby Ken7 » Dec 20th, 2017, 2:53 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sewage- ... -1.3889072

We can sit back and talk about our carbon imprint and all the other nonsense you wish to, but this just gets me. When will they deal with the people responsible and make them, the Municipality accountable for their actions.

Sadly without water resources Canadians are in a bad way. I see our lake even here in Kelowna in trouble in less then 50 years. There will come a day, where our water may not be potable and the costs to make it will be extremely high.

In fact, the amount of untreated waste water, which includes raw sewage and rain and snow runoff, that flowed into Canadian rivers and oceans last year would fill 82,255 Olympic-size swimming pools — an increase of 1.9 per cent over 2014.

3 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2141 posts

Re: Sewage in our waterways.

Postby Bsuds » Dec 20th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Victoria is banning plastic bags (which is a good thing) but still dumps raw sewage into the Ocean!

Something is just wrong with that.
Deja Poo, the feeling I've heard all this crap before!

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 9474 posts

Postby Rwede » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Bsuds wrote:Victoria is banning plastic bags (which is a good thing) but still dumps raw sewage into the Ocean!

Agreed. And with the current full of crap government, and a bloating bureaucracy, the outfall level just went up considerably from Victoria.

It amazes me that the political hub of the province still pumps raw sewage into our waters. More amazing is how they preach to the rest of us to clean our acts up.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5115 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Rwede wrote: More amazing is how they preach to the rest of us to clean our acts up.

Agreed. Almost as bad as when they are preaching to us common folk saying "we have to tighten our belts" [icon_lol2.gif]
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3090 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Bsuds wrote:Victoria is banning plastic bags (which is a good thing) but still dumps raw sewage into the Ocean!

It's long past due for residents of Greater Victoria area to ante up for sewage treatment plant.
Stop pumping raw crap into the Strait of Juan de Fuca (or Haro Strait), whichever pipe is aimed at.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6155 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Ken7 » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Rwede wrote:
Agreed. And with the current full of crap government, and a bloating bureaucracy, the outfall level just went up considerably from Victoria.

It amazes me that the political hub of the province still pumps raw sewage into our waters. More amazing is how they preach to the rest of us to clean our acts up.

On a political note, didn't Ottawa dump their natures gold down the Rideau Canal. It really does not matter to me who is running the Province which is responsible, it has to stop.

Currently in all levels of Government is appears they are more concerned about this issues of other Countries which may or may not directly impact us as Canadians.

Maybe we need to start at home first with our infrastructure etc.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2141 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:52 pm

If I lived in Victoria, I'd be embarrassed to admit it. Hmm..... I guess it's truly embracing the Victorian age.... lol

Ken7 likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6155 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby jimmy4321 » Dec 20th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Quebec dumped into the Canal, and something unimaginable into the St Lawrence.
It IS disturbing to hear it when it happens in BC, for all that tree huggin image they put out to the world it seems more so the people in charge are full of *bleep*.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ga ... -1.3813628

Anywhere in Canada is unacceptable.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1451 posts

Return to Canada