Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby fvkasm2x » Dec 21st, 2017, 8:24 pm

vegas1500 wrote:Everyone has an opinion and although I don’t believe in it, it was done within the law. What I do think is pathetic is the manner in which it happens. They send the dogs out to tree the tired cougar, then locate the dogs via gps trackers on their collars. Once they find the dogs, they shoot the cougar out of the tree. Doesn’t seem like a true “hunt”......IMO.


Very true.

I also don't approve of hunting things for show, sport or trophy (whatever you want to call it). I know he put on a show about eating it in a stew, but this was clearly a publicity stunt mostly.

I also don't like to see majestic, rare or awe inspiring animals killed. Elephants, lions, etc.... In this case, it's such an amazing physical specimen. Look at the size of it!!! Things that are allowed to flourish so long in nature and grow to be such massive sizes should be left alone. I think they are amazing and it takes nothing to hunt it down with our technology and weapons.

I have no problems with people hunting to eat, but I think some creatures should be left alone.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6760
Likes: 347 posts
Liked in: 1290 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby oneh2obabe » Dec 21st, 2017, 9:22 pm

Fancy wrote:Glad he took down the facebook post. Makes me wonder why Harper tuned into it to start with. She's the one that's coming up short.

Her response was to a Twitter post (probably retweeted to her), not Facebook. And while you may think she's coming up short, some media and public don't.

Is this the Facebook post you're talking about?

After the backlash to his photos began revving up, Ecklund posted on Facebook to make light of the outrage.

"If you can guess what post has 900 likes, 450 comments, 13 confirmed death threats, 754 swear words and one very happy hunter in it ... I will enter your name into the draw for the new cougar cook book, filled with mouth water recipes for your next mountain lion hunt," he wrote in the Dec. 4 post.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 56168
Likes: 747 posts
Liked in: 5997 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby Fancy » Dec 21st, 2017, 10:36 pm

The media isn't doing anyone justice and there are a great many who think the same way as I do about her post as well. It is a shame if anyone thinks what she said is appropriate. Some may call it bullying but putting anyone down the way she did is shameful in itself. Certainly not a role model.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

GracieD likes this post.
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45823
Likes: 1148 posts
Liked in: 6092 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 22nd, 2017, 12:31 pm

The title of this thread is misleading and needs to be changed.

I was expecting a totally different type of cougar hunter.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

4 people like this post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10778
Likes: 4507 posts
Liked in: 5133 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby GracieD » Dec 22nd, 2017, 12:47 pm

There will always be people for and against wildlife hunts. It was low for Laureen Harper to put that in her tweet though about his male part. There was plenty of ways for her to show her dismay at it. I for one have had cougar meat to eat and I love it, more than eating deer meat. Wildlife food has no additives like store bought. Nice organic meat. This guy puts on a show, and like all hunting shows they show what animals they have taken. So if people are against this then you could get people who hate fishing, is there going to be a rash of fishing shows taken off the air. He did this hunt legally, it wasn't about killing endangered species or going for ivory tusks.... People need to get a life. If it hadn't been put out there in the social media, no one would have known about it even.
GracieD
 
Posts: 51
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby seewood » Dec 22nd, 2017, 12:54 pm

Dizzy1 wrote:The title of this thread is misleading and needs to be changed.I was expecting a totally different type of cougar hunter.


Good one.
NBL at Whistler....

I've always believed if you are going to pull the trigger on an animal, you do it because it is about to eat you, or you are going to eat it.
Not a fan of trophy hunting. ( yes a past hunter)
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod
 
Posts: 1057
Likes: 2231 posts
Liked in: 1079 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby vegas1500 » Dec 22nd, 2017, 3:59 pm

GracieD wrote:There will always be people for and against wildlife hunts. It was low for Laureen Harper to put that in her tweet though about his male part. There was plenty of ways for her to show her dismay at it. I for one have had cougar meat to eat and I love it, more than eating deer meat. Wildlife food has no additives like store bought. Nice organic meat. This guy puts on a show, and like all hunting shows they show what animals they have taken. So if people are against this then you could get people who hate fishing, is there going to be a rash of fishing shows taken off the air. He did this hunt legally, it wasn't about killing endangered species or going for ivory tusks.... People need to get a life. If it hadn't been put out there in the social media, no one would have known about it even.


So if someone murders someone its ok as long as no one knows about it? :up:
User avatar
vegas1500
Übergod
 
Posts: 1213
Likes: 3571 posts
Liked in: 1603 posts
Joined: Aug 4th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 22nd, 2017, 4:04 pm

Actualy most large fish are caught and released as its how you keep gene pool going.

I dont have problem with folks hunting. But using dogs to tree animals is cowardly and mz harper. Was spot on .

Catsumi likes this post.
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17124
Likes: 10586 posts
Liked in: 2666 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby Fancy » Dec 22nd, 2017, 4:38 pm

maryjane48 wrote: and mz harper. Was spot on .

No, she wasn't. And you should realize if the shoe was on the other foot what a backlash there would be. Two wrongs don't make a right and she is responsible for what she said - no one else. You don't make fun of people's private parts to make a point.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45823
Likes: 1148 posts
Liked in: 6092 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby RUEZ » Dec 23rd, 2017, 6:31 pm

maryjane48 wrote:http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/21/laureen-harper-alberta-cougar-hunter-a-creep-who-must-be-compensating_a_23314029/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage

Lol this ought to get the rightwingers in a,tizzle

So you think only right wingers hunt? There are two problems here. One, she is talking out her *bleep* about hunting. She wouldn't give one second of thought if it were a moose, but because it's a kitty cat she's overwhelmed with anger. Secondly it's not ok for her to criticize his sexuality. It wouldn't be ok for a man to do it, so it's not ok for her.
RUEZ
 
Posts: 28
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 25 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2009, 8:48 am

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 23rd, 2017, 6:34 pm

Who uses dogs to corner moose ? Try again .

I stand by my statement only coward would use hounds to tree a cougar .thsts not hunting.thats shooting cat in a barrel
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17124
Likes: 10586 posts
Liked in: 2666 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby Queen K » Dec 23rd, 2017, 6:56 pm

RUEZ wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/21/laureen-harper-alberta-cougar-hunter-a-creep-who-must-be-compensating_a_23314029/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage

Lol this ought to get the rightwingers in a,tizzle

So you think only right wingers hunt? There are two problems here. One, she is talking out her *bleep* about hunting. She wouldn't give one second of thought if it were a moose, but because it's a kitty cat she's overwhelmed with anger. Secondly it's not ok for her to criticize his sexuality. It wouldn't be ok for a man to do it, so it's not ok for her.


Ya, it's not like anyone eats "Kitten burgers" except Horgan right?

Have you ever eaten Cougar?
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 53394
Likes: 12358 posts
Liked in: 13011 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 23rd, 2017, 7:47 pm

Queen K wrote:Ya, it's not like anyone eats "Kitten burgers" except Horgan right?

Have you ever eaten Cougar?


Yes, I have, and I do mean that sincerely. I was really good.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 6264
Likes: 2278 posts
Liked in: 3428 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby vegas1500 » Dec 23rd, 2017, 9:06 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Ya, it's not like anyone eats "Kitten burgers" except Horgan right?

Have you ever eaten Cougar?


Yes, I have, and I do mean that sincerely. I was really good.


Good on you.....but I bet 95% percent of cougars shot don’t get eaten. I know a guy that guides. People and he kills many cougars a year...not a single one goes to human consumption.
User avatar
vegas1500
Übergod
 
Posts: 1213
Likes: 3571 posts
Liked in: 1603 posts
Joined: Aug 4th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 23rd, 2017, 11:43 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 24th, 2017, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10778
Likes: 4507 posts
Liked in: 5133 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests