Lord of the Board

Re: Senator Lynn Beyak booted from Conservative caucus

Post by Hassel99 »

Bye Felicia
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

A minor move by a weak leader that will soon be forgotten. If there is a contest for the native vote in the next election, the Lynn Beyak issue won't count for much, either way. Natives know what Conservatives stand for. What will count will be the truckloads of money that Justin will shovel out into the pockets of natives as compensation for the Sixties scoop. Expect the shoveling will begin right before the next election.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

bob vernon wrote: A minor move by a weak leader that will soon be forgotten. If there is a contest for the native vote in the next election, the Lynn Beyak issue won't count for much, either way. Natives know what Conservatives stand for.

Hmmm, and the First Nation vote can no longer be ignored – it is one demographic in Canada that is growing in comparison to other demographics. From my observations in this province, I know First Nations people are very active, organized and involved when it comes to voting, and it has been their vote that has determined the outcome in many of BC’s ridings – especially in the north. Political parties will dismiss or downplay First Nations issues and concerns at their own peril.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Andrew Scheer:
"To suggest that Indigenous Canadians are lazy compared to other Canadians, is simply racist," he said in a statement.

"Racism will not be tolerated in the Conservative caucus or Conservative Party of Canada."

So now that Andrew Scheer has called many of you racist, do you still support him? Will you vote for him? Even though he says your views and your statements are simply racist and will not be tolerated by that party?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Veovis wrote:Seems a smart move by Sheer. Even if somewhere there is some form of logic she intended she presented everything in ways that don't reflect what any party would want represented.

When they get dumb.... Cut em loose.

Scheer is a decisive, no-nonsense kind of leader who can make the tough decisions when they are needed. Certainly, that decision was needed in this case, and he acted as a true leader should.

Now, when we contrast that with other "leaders" in this country and their respective abilities to make needed personnel decisions, we see a glaring dichotomy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

What leadership GF? This is the closest thing Scheer has done that resembles any sense of leadership. All he’s done previously is parrot the older members of his party, tell jokes ripped from 90’s sitcoms and appeared in McDonald’s commercials acting like he’s already a prime minister.

And even this, in kicking the racist Beyak from the party, she claims he never actually told her to remove the tweets and is accusing him of being inexperienced and not leadership material

”when an inexperienced leader wins by a small margin, and does not adequately consider other viewpoints, some wisdom and common sense are lost."

Not to mention that in kicking her from the party and saying that generalizations about native people is absolutely racist and not tolerated by the conservatives, Scheer has alienated many of the more diehard racist conservative supporters. (Good on him though).

I suppose they can always try running and supporting a Christian Heritage Party representative.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

What a lot of people don't realize is that Lynn Beyak's opinions are quite mainstream with a lot of lower class Saskatchewan, northern Manitoba, northern Ontario and northern Alberta. Racism is so entrenched there. Beyak has heard the nonsense all her life and believes it. What upsets a lot of people is that she goes through the halls of Parliament with that stupid smile on her face and can't see what they're upset about in Ottawa.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

bob vernon wrote:A minor move by a weak leader that will soon be forgotten. If there is a contest for the native vote in the next election, the Lynn Beyak issue won't count for much, either way. Natives know what Conservatives stand for. What will count will be the truckloads of money that Justin will shovel out into the pockets of natives as compensation for the Sixties scoop. Expect the shoveling will begin right before the next election.

*removed*

As for the dismissal, they have to remove her and her comments are not acceptable.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 9th, 2018, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

That photo of Trudeau, I would say he is in a little close for my liking I think he's still in the closet.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Ken7 wrote:That photo of Trudeau, I would say he is in a little close for my liking I think he's still in the closet.

Anything closer than arms length, I'd be taking note of the exits right there Lol
He did get a job out of it
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

jimmy4321 wrote: Anything closer than arms length, I'd be taking note of the exits right there Lol
He did get a job out of it

My personal space is still more then one arms length however. I'd think this photos says more...almost intimate! Can't tell me they are not really good friends...
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Lynn will assume a lower profile. She doesn't want to risk being thrown out of the Senate.
Average salary $142,400
Living expense in Ottawa $22,000
Travel home, weekly if you want it.

Average pension for a senator $70,000 a year. Indexed. Forever. But she's gotta hang onto the seat until 2019 to qualify for the pension.

When you're a hillbilly from the edge of nowhere, them's good wages.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

In his own statement, Scheer said the decision came down to Beyak’s refusal to take down letters of support for her comments on residential schools that she posted on her personal senate website in recent months.

This kind of 'guilt by association' mentality is erosive to free speech. Condemning Beyak because she didn't censor the views of others is obnoxious, and will result in more paranoia (not unfounded) by the moderators of public forums.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan

Return to “Canada”