Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:Who is Skippy?

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ah, I still didn't recognize the face, but I just Googled. Pierre Poilievre, whose most infamous for opposing the carbon tax and antisemitism. I can see why some people wouldn't like him for those things and others given how controversial they are.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

hobbyguy wrote:It is constructive in my opinion to do so. It also takes Scheer away from the peanut chucking that he and Skippy have been engaging in, and and toward actually doing something to support the interests of average Canadians.

It is a good thing, but see how fast the Liberal insult without facts team came out swinging? Hate is the campaign plan just like with Harper, tell lies and spread hate and hope pretty but vapid wins again.

I think this was a positive action, and actually appreciate seeing someone at least attempting to be a leader and act like a leader, not a tourist with a title and endless working vacations.
Last edited by Veovis on Mar 15th, 2018, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:Ah, I still didn't recognize the face, but I just Googled. Pierre Poilievre, whose most infamous for opposing the carbon tax and antisemitism. I can see why some people wouldn't like him for those things and others given how controversial they are.

Oh sorry - yeah I was going to write his name too but just forgot.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Michelle Rempel is quite good. She would have been a good choice for sure!

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:LOL - someone has to hold PM Vacuous to account for blatantly lying about the Indian government playing a role in the whole Atwal debacle. If the Liberals weren't a bunch of liars, there wouldn't be a need to "peanut chuck".

The truth behind the story engulfing Canada's Sikh politicians

"His (Modi) own personal extremist background is so serious that he was denied a diplomatic visa by the US government for many years. The ban on his travel to the US was only lifted after he was elected prime minister. Suddenly, the issue of Sikh terrorism, which had been a closed file in India for over twenty years, turns into a major diplomatic feud. And not just in Canada, but the UK too."

"There is no understanding the undercurrents of this issue without understanding the rise of Narendra Modi, who was considered in diplomatic circles to be a controversial and dangerous figure. Modi rose to power advocating an overtly hard-line right-wing Hindutva doctrine of Hindu racial purity and supremacy. Its closest parallel in the West is unvarnished, state-sanctioned white supremacy."

Modi, Hindu nationalism, and exploiting Sikh politics

"In I Am A Troll, a 2016 book, former BJP party IT volunteer Sadhavi Khosla outlines explosive allegations that she was part of orchestrated online campaigns of hatred, intimidation and harassment against perceived government critics."

“It was a never-ending drip feed of hate and bigotry against the minorities, the Gandhi family, journalists on the hit list, liberals, anyone perceived as anti-Modi,” said Khosla in the book. It was even claimed that in 2015 the troll team targeted a corporate sponsorship of Bollywood star Aamir Khan, who had expressed concern over rising intolerance under Modi. After sustaining a blizzard of BJP-organized troll attacks, Khan's sponsor dropped his contract. The BJP denies Khosla's allegations.

Sound familiar?"

Diplomatic trouble from UK and Canada

"Meanwhile, Sikh dissidents and activists in the UK have also upped the diplomatic pressure on India by refusing the use of gurdwaras by Indian diplomats over the 1984 issue. British PM Theresa May was drawn into the fracas over allegations of torture by India over its detention without charge of the British national, Jaggi Johal, currently held on suspicion of murder. The hard line Modi, who has no love for justice-seeking liberal Sikh dissidents, was already feeling pressure ahead of Trudeau's visit.

Now critics are attacking Modi's Sikh political allies as dupes for lending their support to a leader who unapologetically espouses the very Hindu supremacy that produced the bloodbath of 1984 in the first place. The last thing Modi and his Sikh allies needed was for a charismatic and photogenic Canadian prime minister to bring his entourage to the Golden Temple."

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/0 ... oliticians
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Glacier wrote:Ah, I still didn't recognize the face, but I just Googled. Pierre Poilievre, whose most infamous for opposing the carbon tax and antisemitism. I can see why some people wouldn't like him for those things and others given how controversial they are.

Skippy was first and foremost a lackey for Harper's dictatorial style. His peanut chucking ways led him as low as the infamous "tar baby" comment.

Skippy was also the point person for the infamously anti-democratic "Fair Elections Act" and while doing so distinguished himself as full of it, especially in his disingenuous downward hitting attacks on the Chief Electoral Officer.

Skippy is also a permanent pol, having never attempted nor desired to do anything but be a pol. I dislike that in any politician. Especially one who gets caught for "knowingly circumvent the prohibition on contributions to a registered party by ineligible contributors."

Skippy is a gamer of the system. Never had a real job in his life. Has no competency outside of being a yap flapper. I don't care what party that sort of politician is in, I dislike them. Look at the mess we are in in BC with a bunch of permanent pols pretending they have a clue how to actually accomplish anything. Doesn't matter if they are Liberals, Conservatives, Bloc, NDP or Green, I see such permanent career pols as bloated ticks on the hide of our democracy.

Scheer does himself no favours by have a smarmy pol like Skippy as his right hand person.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 18th, 2018, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

That's your argument for Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister? No education, insurance salesman?
Hmmmmmm?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

justincase wrote:
That's your argument for Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister? No education, insurance salesman?
Hmmmmmm?

First off, at least he probably knows that the "Baltic States" are a thing.

Here's Justin Trudeau, former snow-board instructor and failed drama teacher:

Who cares if Andrew Scheer is an insurance salesman? What does that have to do with anything? And you are going to sit here and shill for the stupid Liberals and the unqualified JT and bash others? You realize this is a stupid and failed way to go right? You will lose.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Who cares if Andrew Scheer is an insurance salesman? What does that have to do with anything? And you are going to sit here and shill for the stupid Liberals and the unqualified JT and bash others? You realize this is a stupid and failed way to go right? You will lose.

Canadians, it matters to Canadians. Listen Green, Andrew's only non-political job was an insurance salesman....and your buying that? I am not saying "school teacher" is the ideal profession in the lead up to Prime Minister, but it comes with a certain compassion, empathy and caring that our typical Lawyer PM's lack. What does it take to be a good salesman? Let me tell you Green.
-glib and superficial charm.
-grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self.
-need for stimulation.
-cunning and manipulativeness.
-lack of remorse or guilt.
-shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
-callousness and lack of empathy
Though, Trudeau only has 2 Degrees and was working on his 3rd a Master's when he was called up to serve. His privilege of being the son of a former Prime Minister has also afforded a vast external education of traveling to 90 countries (no amount of book learning can truly prepare one for the different world cultures). He is steeped in tradition and has mingled with some of civilization's greats including the great conservatives ( his learned diplomacy is displayed in his dealings with conservative Trump and his pension for including conservatives in the big decisions he makes on behalf of Canadians).
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I personally don't care if the guy is a plumber or has 9 doctorates. I only care if he understands the issues. While I have been critical of Trudeau in many respects, I will never criticize his experience or lack thereof to do the job as PM. Drama teacher, insurance salesman, or lawyer, it doesn't matter to me.
- Douglas Murray
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
justincase wrote:
Hmmmmmm?

First off, at least he probably knows that the "Baltic States" are a thing.

Here's Justin Trudeau, former snow-board instructor and failed drama teacher:

Who cares if Andrew Scheer is an insurance salesman? What does that have to do with anything? And you are going to sit here and shill for the stupid Liberals and the unqualified JT and bash others? You realize this is a stupid and failed way to go right? You will lose.
LMAO!! What a maroon. Only JT would hand Quebec a verbal *bleep* by answering English questions in French. Perhaps if they'd said les Etats Baltes he have had a clue. Lord help us, everyone.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Glacier wrote:I personally don't care if the guy is a plumber or has 9 doctorates. I only care if he understands the issues.

So, when you have a tummy ache, mommy will do?

Return to “Canada”