Morneau cleared

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Morneau cleared

Post by Queen K »

But seriously, who would have ever believed a different verdict from a political system which is so freaking stinking to high heaven of corruption?
Last edited by Queen K on Jan 9th, 2018, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Stinks of corruption? How do you get that? This same ethics commissioner found the Prime Minister guilty recently.

Its not always a conspiracy.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Canada actually does pretty well at keeping a lid on corruption: http://www.worldaudit.org/corruption.htm

Not perfect, but then...

That's why I posted elsewhere the general sentiment that Skippy Poilievre serves a purpose with digging up mud to sling, he is actually useful to Canadians as long we keep him in opposition. "Set a thief to catch a thief".
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Nobody should be surprised by this.

It was obvious from the get go that there was no conspiracy or “insider trading” afoot. Publicly available information and sound financial decisions taken at the advice of financial advisors led to the sell-off. If Morneau did not follow that advice, people would be claiming he was bad with finances and not qualified for his position.

Conservatives had to reach back years to try and invent some scandal where it didn’t exist, and biased sheep on the forums here tried to propagate it. Now they’re too emberassed to admit they were completely wrong. Guess they can always go back to Trudeau’s socks.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

More crying wolf, it's now all falling on deaf ears.
Not good for an opposition party
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

jimmy4321 wrote:More crying wolf, it's now all falling on deaf ears.
Not good for an opposition party

Really?

This is good news for Morneau. HE can rest easy now, HOWEVER, it was absolutely something that should have been looked at. IT would be ridiculous to think otherwise.

Heck people lost their bloody minds over ()K for Duffy that ended up being nothing wrong by Duffy, but hundreds of thousands in potential insider trading is nothing to look at? Step into reality.

Now though it has been looked at, and a ruling has come down. I'm actually glad it wasn't blatant corruption, and this issue can be set aside.

It was right to look at and inquire, just as it is right to be done with it now.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It was clear early on.
Now lets see if they quit pounding sand
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

jimmy4321 wrote:It was clear early on.
Now lets see if they quit pounding sand

NO it wasn't, it was quite damning early on, it's why it needed to actually be reviewed.

The circumstantial evidence was very damning and deserved a proper (but confidential) review. That review happened and things have been stated to be on the level.

I think that means process was done, as it should have been.

If they still bring it up, it will have a negative impact on polls most certainly, but why when they can ignore finance minister that has been cleared and focus on the actual PM that was found guilty......however they are politicians and no one ever accused them of making the smart move.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

It needed no more of a review than you would if someone accused you of ripping off a store because you bought merchandise during a heavily marketed sale.

Honestly, anyone who cried “insider trading” has no idea what the term means. All this accomplished was making the cons appear even pettier.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Omnitheo wrote:It needed no more of a review than you would if someone accused you of ripping off a store because you bought merchandise during a heavily marketed sale.

Honestly, anyone who cried “insider trading” has no idea what the term means. All this accomplished was making the cons appear even pettier.

For the person in charge or the country's finances without using a blind trust and forgetting he had villas in other countries......of course it needed to be evaluated.

For all the times you cry for the rich to be persecuted I find it amazing you give Morneau a blank slate due to the color of his shirt.

Running a corner store and a country are vastly different, not seeing that is quite the feat.....
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Wow can not believe this crook is our finance minister. Hopefully the next investigation sinks him. What a :cuss: idiot. Forgot how many french villas he owns. Sickening.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 10th, 2018, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Jflem1983 wrote:Wow can not believe this crook is our finance minister. Hopefully the next investigation sinks him. What a :cuss: idiot. Forgot how many french villas he owns. Sickening.

So we define a person based on how many "French Villas" he owns?

Last time I checked the economy is booming, the Dollar is at a high, oil prices are rising (we sell oil), we're going after the Americans for trade duties, unemployment is an all time low, and he was cleared of being "a crook."

Yeah sure sounds like we have the wrong Finance Minister.

:135:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Chyren wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Wow can not believe this crook is our finance minister. Hopefully the next investigation sinks him. What a :cuss: idiot. Forgot how many french villas he owns. Sickening.

Last time I checked the economy is booming, the Dollar is at a high, oil prices are rising (we sell oil), we're going after the Americans for trade duties, unemployment is an all time low, and he was cleared of being "a crook."

U think any of that good stuff is cuz of the libs ? Dollar is rising with oil price. It always does. Falls with it too.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Chyren wrote:

Overspends taxpayer money at a factor of 3 times what he said he could....and that's 30 billion * 2 years instead of 10 billion.

Ya I call a guy who can overspend 40 billion dollars good at finance.......wait........ no I don't.

I don't fault him his personal wealth....good for him, but when he "forgets" major assets (how many cars that you own have you forgotten?), and has some deals that correlated potentially very directly with his current position it was only proper that it be reviewed.

That review shows that he wasn't guilty of any wrong doing and that is good, his boss however was found guilty and has proceeded to make jokes of it and not respond to the actual issue of being the first PM to commit such a gross violation.

I think Morneau is tainted none the less from this and a different minister position may be a prudent move for political reasons down the line, but that's politics and the liberals problem.

Return to “Canada”