Generalissimo Postalot

Global Warming / Climate Change Basics

Post by CapitalB »

Lets cover some basics of weather.

- Hot air goes up and cold air goes down
- Weather systems travel in patterns
- These patterns are determined by major air flow streams
- These air streams are created by differences in air temperature

Now that thats out of the way lets get down to explaining whats been going on. If you look at this simple graph you will see that the average temperature has generally gone up over the past couple hundred years. In the past 20 years its gone up as much as the previous 60 or so years before that.

Lets take this obvious increase in warm air, take the weather facts I listed above combine them with some logic.

The increase of warm air would cause changes in the air flow streams and consequently in the weather patterns we see around the planet.

Historically warm air has more or less circled the arctic circle, the cold arctic air swirling around up there minding its own business. In recent years the increase in warm air has caused the air streams to behave irratically. This is more or less responsible for the crazy cold weather that we've been getting.

Again these are all basic weahder facts, and data available to every school child.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Snman
Übergod

Re: Global Warming / Climate Change Basics

Post by Snman »

Facts from NASA huh? I'm not sure I see what your point is to be honest. Further, I should point out that I have not been a school child for some time.

Return to “Canada”