The Girl Who Cried Wolf

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: The Girl Who Cried Wolf

Post by Glacier »

Verum wrote:I don't know why you are so fascinated with Marxism. It's essentially dead. Almost nobody follows Marxian economic theory and there is little chance of it getting foothold anywhere in the World. It seems to be some kind of trigger word used to get emotions stirring among the ignorant, to further the propaganda of the manipulative.

ETA: Anyway, as much as I enjoy stimulating discussion, I have better things to do with my time off.

Wow, that's one long reply!!!

I will make two simple replies.
1) You are grossly generalizing even worse than saying all Muslims say such and such. You take even further by saying all Abrahamic religions think such and such. Islam and Christianity are superficially the same, but fundamentally different. Judaism and Christianity are much more similar to each other. Christianity is much closer to eastern religions than Islam, although even then they are superficially the same.

2) Here is another quote from you: "And similarly, in some countries, you have a very high amount of hatred of Muslims. None of it is good and all of it needs to be addressed. This is not just an Islam problem, this is a humans are jerks problem. All Abrahamic religions have vile contents in their religious text. I see no reason to single out one over the others."

You are dead wrong here. There isn't very much hatred of Islam at all. Jew hatred is far more common in probably every single country on earth. At least, if you want to believe the data, which I think you do. The reason why Islam can be singled out without bigotry is that it's the only religion that specifically calls the death of Jews. When other religious texts have vile passages, you address those passages when it's relevant. It's simply another red herring here. To deflect shows either bigotry on your part or ignorance of the actual texts and history.

The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (the Boxthorn tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews. Sahih Muslim, 41:6985
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Glacier wrote:
Verum wrote:I don't know why you are so fascinated with Marxism. It's essentially dead. Almost nobody follows Marxian economic theory and there is little chance of it getting foothold anywhere in the World. It seems to be some kind of trigger word used to get emotions stirring among the ignorant, to further the propaganda of the manipulative.

ETA: Anyway, as much as I enjoy stimulating discussion, I have better things to do with my time off.

Wow, that's one long reply!!!

I will make two simple replies.
1) You are grossly generalizing even worse than saying all Muslims say such and such. You take even further by saying all Abrahamic religions think such and such. Islam and Christianity are superficially the same, but fundamentally different. Judaism and Christianity are much more similar to each other. Christianity is much closer to eastern religions than Islam, although even then they are superficially the same.I was saying that they share a lot, which is kind of obvious. I don't attribute the behaviour of those who claim to be of these religions to the religion itself.

2) Here is another quote from you: "And similarly, in some countries, you have a very high amount of hatred of Muslims. None of it is good and all of it needs to be addressed. This is not just an Islam problem, this is a humans are jerks problem. All Abrahamic religions have vile contents in their religious text. I see no reason to single out one over the others."

You are dead wrong here. There isn't very much hatred of Islam at all. Jew hatred is far more common in probably every single country on earth. At least, if you want to believe the data, which I think you do. The reason why Islam can be singled out without bigotry is that it's the only religion that specifically calls the death of Jews. When other religious texts have vile passages, you address those passages when it's relevant. It's simply another red herring here. To deflect shows either bigotry on your part or ignorance of the actual texts and history. Evidence that Muslims are more "hated" than all other religious groups in the US, and amazingly that the most warmly thought of is Judaism: http://www.pewforum.org/2017/02/15/amer ... us-groups/

The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (the Boxthorn tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews. Sahih Muslim, 41:6985
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Verum wrote:Evidence that Muslims are more "hated" than all other religious groups in the US, and amazingly that the most warmly thought of is Judaism: http://www.pewforum.org/2017/02/15/amer ... us-groups/

But again, that doesn't matter. There's nothing wrong with liking Judaism or Jainism more than Islam or Christianity. There's nothing bigoted about that. You look around the world, and see that one religion is much more violent than others, and those violent activities are well grounded in scripture, you are not going to like that religion, nor should you if you are a moral decent person. Nor is it wrong like some religions better than others.

On the other hand, when you look at actual hate crimes, which is a measure of bigotry, hatred of Jews is higher than anyone else. Now, Muslim hatred is also rising, and that's bad, but it's even worse to be paralyzed by fear to the point of never willing to be honest and truthful about Islam because some people will conflate dislike of ideology with dislike of people.

So when I link this incident to Islam, or at lest incidents like this (we don't know yet the motive), I'm doing so because it's part of Islam to do this. It's part of taqiyya. It's sacred deception. Do most Muslims do this? No, but it's Islamic based terrorism that is sanctioned by theology. Do Christians, gays, women and many other groups pull stunts like this? Yes, I'm sure they do, but they aren't grounded in Christianity, gayness, or womeness.

The reason it's important to highlight the motive (whether Islamic doctrine or otherwise) is so that it's not an effective weapon next time. It's important to be aware of this strategy to gain sympathy for Islam (and like I said, we don't know if that was the motive here) so that it's not used again. The last thing we need is more #FakeNews and false accusations of rape or bigotry or whatnot.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Some people just don't get it!
Attachments
Islamsupport.jpg
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You're right - some people don't get it. Everyone jumped on the same bandwagon believing an 11 year old girl (the meme is terrible and inaccurate) instead of getting to the bottom of it. Media circus. And too many are perpetuating the myth and hate. Really sad.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Ken7 wrote:Some people just don't get it!

and that's the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:You're right - some people don't get it. Everyone jumped on the same bandwagon believing an 11 year old girl (the meme is terrible and inaccurate) instead of getting to the bottom of it. Media circus. And too many are perpetuating the myth and hate. Really sad.

well blame jt for that he's the one that made his comments on national tv, fyi, he is are leader [icon_lol2.gif] after all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Fancy wrote:You're right - some people don't get it. Everyone jumped on the same bandwagon believing an 11 year old girl (the meme is terrible and inaccurate) instead of getting to the bottom of it. Media circus. And too many are perpetuating the myth and hate. Really sad.

and that's the truth
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:well blame jt for that
There's no blame to be assigned as the information about the alleged incident (that didn't happen) was out before his comments.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my god he has access to the rcmp and csis at his finger tips, the moron could of waited for all the information to come in first or even made a phone call first to get all the proper information before opening is yak,
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:my god he has access to the rcmp and csis at his finger tips, the moron could of waited for all the information to come in first or even made a phone call first to get all the proper information before opening is yak,

No need to get upset - being supportive as he was isn't a bad thing. There were many more people speaking to it all over the internet. Hindsight doesn't serve well at times - everyone took the girl at face value and information released to help protect others is common. The young girl should not have been identified in my opinion nor should the media have had the access they did. That certainly is a situation that will have been looked at this past week.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What's telling - some media have taken down videos, removed the girl's name and her face has been blurred on some photos.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:What's telling - some media have taken down videos, removed the girl's name and her face has been blurred on some photos.

yes it is telling everyone ran with the poor little muslim girl story , then they found out she was the one committing a hate crime and bam nothing to she here people--the same crap is going on all over europe
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:yes it is telling everyone ran with the poor little muslim girl story , then they found out she was the one committing a hate crime and bam nothing to she here people--the same crap is going on all over europe

The police didn't call what she did a hate crime and her reasons for lying not given so instead of spreading the hate why not let it go?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you saying it was not a hate crime ,does not make it so, seems to me thousands of comments across canada who also think it was a hate crime, the fact that even the story is getting deleted from the media that reported it says it all

Return to “Canada”