Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in the UK

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby d0nb » Jan 26th, 2018, 8:11 pm

"I'm not going to be a mouthpiece for language that I detest."

To the surprise of no sane person, leftist ideologues are ranting over Peterson's rejection of the assertion that individuals and groups are not only entitled to define themselves, but should be empowered to use the law to force others to embrace and parrot those definitions.

Jordan also says that the truth is more important than feelings. :200: That's enough to send the modern SJW to their 'safe spot' for at least a week. :D
''I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.'' — Ronald Reagan

2 people like this post.
d0nb
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 921
Likes: 387 posts
Liked in: 784 posts
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Nedroj » Jan 27th, 2018, 10:47 am

Glacier wrote:
Verum wrote:I love the term "good muslims" it's funny how you didn't say "good LGBTs" or "good African Americans". Do you think that might have exposed a bias?

There's no such thing as an LGBT ideology or an African American ideology, so it would make absolutely zero sense to use the phrase "good LGBTs"... well, unless you're talking about how good they are in bed. Anyway, by contrast, there is such thing as an Islamic ideology. Well, there are many different Isalmic ideologies, some peaceful, and some totalitarian and extremely violent. "Good Muslims" is meant to refer to liberal progressive Muslims so that you don't get the wrong impression and think that Tarek Fatah and Zuhdi Jasser are the same as the Muslims like Anjem Choudary and Linda Sarour who follow an evil ideology hell bent of the destruction of the west. Capiche?

P.S. This is video is done by a liberal progressive Muslim, the kind you should like. For some reason (and please correct me if I'm wrong) I keep getting the impression that you would rather side with the "bad Muslims" than the "good Muslims."



Thank you for explaining my meaning of "good muslims" to this guy. I guess I assumed he had some intelligence to realize that is exactly what I meant and why I said it. Which leads me to believe this individual is extremely biased and has an underlying agenda. I have clearly stated my opinion and why I feel this way. But to that guy wishing to know my sources about the SJW movement here they are:

Multiple family and close friends live in California and New York and I have a couple cousins that go to Berkley and have seen the violence Antifa causes. And they are Democratics not Republicans, whom voted for Hilary.

I've personally traveled to Germany last fall and witnessed antifa and the SJW movement over there. Along with the effects of importing over 1 million muslims refugees into their country. It isnt pretty and the German people are getting fed up about it just like the Americans are.

Hours and Hours of watching youtube, pod casts, alternative media outlets and genuinely talking to americans, canadians anyone else that wants to discuss this topic. Hell i even watched CSPAN to listen in on the M103, and bill C-16 debates in parliament.

My point is I've done enough research before coming to my conclusion to confidentially say we have a SJW issue here. I highly doubt the majority would disagree.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius

2 people like this post.
Nedroj
Fledgling
 
Posts: 136
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 165 posts
Joined: Apr 10th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby sobrohusfat » Jan 27th, 2018, 2:22 pm




All over a Jordan Peterson clip? no - it's everywhere

Of all the bone-headed ways to approach ANY university level issues/discussion - LOL - keep it up high IQ morons - Keep proving Peterson and Green-Barbarian right to those who still weren't quite sure about the inherent twistability of "good" things like a Diversity and Equity Office - C16 - Canadian Human Rights Tribunals

Keep our land - glorious and free .....from these corrupt thought tyrants


------------

Dr. David Haskell, Associate Professor, Digital Media and Journalism / Religion and Culture and Dr. William McNally, Associate Professor of Finance at the School of Business and Economics (both of Wilfred Laurier) joined me for this discussion (December 19), where we "deconstructed" Dr. MacLatchy's response.

They are not alone at WLU, by the way, in their opposition to the ideological zealotry that has possessed their campus, and most others. Hopefully, in 2018, more professors will come to their senses and join them.

Why should you care? Because this is, in truth, the state of the modern university -- and what happens there will happen everywhere five years later.

Jordan Peterson



"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
User avatar
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4103
Likes: 1300 posts
Liked in: 1561 posts
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Verum » Jan 27th, 2018, 7:01 pm

d0nb wrote:
Glacier wrote:This is a top trending video, and if you haven't seen it, watch it! The interviewer cannot stop putting words in Jordan Peterson's mouth with things he did not say.


Yes, a typical BBC interview where the host fails to make logical arguments, resorts to haranguing a guest with mindless rhetoric and non-sequiturs, subjects him to having to defend himself against moronic interpretations of his views and is subsequently rudely shamed by the viewers, who are forced to pay for it all.

At least it gives CBC something to identify with. :smt045

Lol! You know that Cathy Newman isn't a BBC interviewer? She's a Channel 4 interviewer. The BBC is far more rigorous than C4 and CBC.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 429 posts
Liked in: 780 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Verum » Jan 27th, 2018, 8:19 pm

Nedroj wrote:Thank you for explaining my meaning of "good muslims" to this guy. I guess I assumed he had some intelligence to realize that is exactly what I meant and why I said it.That term could reasonably mean many things, but in your case I'm actually going to continue to assume you meant it as Muslim who knows their place and doesn't get all uppity and go looking for reasonable treatment, aka. a quiet and subservient Muslim (same as the use in good slave or good Black). Another possible meaning, and the most reasonable in a neutral context is one who follows Islam closely (certainly not what Glacier suggested, and I really doubt you would consider this "good", this is akin to the term a good Christian). Another, is someone who is a good person, but also a Muslim (though since this is independent of ideology, this could equally apply to the other groups, so you definitely didn't mean this). Anyway, there are multiple intelligent interpretations of what you wrote and your failure to be precise is not an indication of my intelligence. Your failure to note the myriad of possible and reasonable interpretations, especially in the given context, might be a reflection of yours though. Which leads me to believe this individual is extremely biased and has an underlying agenda. I have clearly stated my opinion and why I feel this way. But to that guy wishing to know my sources about the SJW movement here they are:

Multiple family and close friends live in California and New York and I have a couple cousins that go to Berkley and have seen the violence Antifa causes. And they are Democratics not Republicans, whom voted for Hilary. Personal experience is remarkably unreliable and relatively weak source for evidence of anything pertaining to claims relating to groups of significant size. Real, verifiable numbers would be much more useful, even if they are making some reasonable assumptions to relate to the topic.

I've personally traveled to Germany last fall and witnessed antifa and the SJW movement over there. Along with the effects of importing over 1 million muslims refugees into their country. It isnt pretty and the German people are getting fed up about it just like the Americans are. While I appreciate your nice little stories, I find them less than convincing. Germany has a number of issues, and there are associated pains with the large increase in refugee population. I have family there and they have no problems, so does that mean that there are no problems at all. The alt-right media over here often paints a completely overblown view of the situation there (Source: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/621/fear-and-loathing-in-homer-and-rockville). By the way, I actually lived in Germany, in a predominantly Turkish town, and I have to say that other than a few bigots, it was a generally pleasant experience for me. Germany has had a lot of immigrants for a very long time, and they have been hugely beneficial to the economic well-being of the country (Source: https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/immigration-offers-germany-costs-and-benefits).

Hours and Hours of watching youtube, pod casts, alternative media outlets and genuinely talking to americans, canadians anyone else that wants to discuss this topic. Hell i even watched CSPAN to listen in on the M103, and bill C-16 debates in parliament. CSPAN is a good source, if boring. Most "alternative" sources I have found to be very poor on bias and accuracy. This largely fits with my checking of them against: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

My point is I've done enough research before coming to my conclusion to confidentially say we have a SJW issue here. I highly doubt the majority would disagree.

Yet you completely fail to provide any real numbers, or detail the actual harm they are doing, rather relying on anecdotal evidence and your own personal views built by watching fringe videos on Youtube. Do you realise how weak that is. Personally, I find "SJW" to be a term of derision by people who just want the world to molly-coddle their personal values and not change society to fit with other people. They want their own safe space, free from change, but unlike most of these "SJWs" they want it to extend to the entire country they live in.
Last edited by Verum on Jan 27th, 2018, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 429 posts
Liked in: 780 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Verum » Jan 27th, 2018, 8:24 pm

DELETED
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 429 posts
Liked in: 780 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Verum » Jan 28th, 2018, 12:12 am

Glacier wrote:There's no such thing as an LGBT ideology or an African American ideology, so it would make absolutely zero sense to use the phrase "good LGBTs"... well, unless you're talking about how good they are in bed. Anyway, by contrast, there is such thing as an Islamic ideology. Well, there are many different Isalmic ideologies, some peaceful, and some totalitarian and extremely violent. "Good Muslims" is meant to refer to liberal progressive Muslims so that you don't get the wrong impression and think that Tarek Fatah and Zuhdi Jasser are the same as the Muslims like Anjem Choudary and Linda Sarour who follow an evil ideology hell bent of the destruction of the west. Capiche?"Good" with essentially the same meaning could just as easily have been applied to the other groups.

P.S. This is video is done by a liberal progressive Muslim, the kind you should like. For some reason (and please correct me if I'm wrong) I keep getting the impression that you would rather side with the "bad Muslims" than the "good Muslims." Yes, you are very wrong, but I suspect you do this because it is easier to demonise me than to attempt to understand my arguments and reasons. I do not support extremism, violence, oppression, discrimination or onerous repression of liberty. I will happily criticise ISIS, Saudi Arabia, and other oppressive regimes, but it is seriously short-sighted to ignore the relatively recent and historic brutality of Christian and Atheist countries too. As far as I am concerned, it is not a matter of religion, but the people and no religion or lack of is truly able to tame that brutal human nature. That is not to pretend that all ideologies are equal, rather that the mainstream religious ideologies are largely equal and the influence of the bigger picture of the religion (Christianity rather than Evangelical, or Islam rather than Sunni) is far less than other aspects of one's values and that by and large, the religion is twisted to suit the person and their values rather than the values and the person changing to meet the core values of the religion. If that means I support "bad" Muslims in your opinion, well I think that's on you.

...
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 429 posts
Liked in: 780 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Glacier » Jan 28th, 2018, 9:46 am

This summary is excellent.


Jlabute likes this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 26903
Likes: 2880 posts
Liked in: 9070 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby d0nb » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:26 pm

Verum wrote:
Lol! You know that Cathy Newman isn't a BBC interviewer? She's a Channel 4 interviewer. The BBC is far more rigorous than C4 and CBC.


Like the BBC Channels, C4 is government-owned. I made the comparison having just suffered through another BBC 'Hardtalk' in which the guest got the 'Cathy Newman' treatment from the undoubtedly more "rigorous" - Stephen Sackur.
''I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.'' — Ronald Reagan
d0nb
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 921
Likes: 387 posts
Liked in: 784 posts
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Verum » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:34 pm

d0nb wrote:
Verum wrote:
Lol! You know that Cathy Newman isn't a BBC interviewer? She's a Channel 4 interviewer. The BBC is far more rigorous than C4 and CBC.


Like the BBC Channels, C4 is government-owned. I made the comparison having just suffered through another BBC 'Hardtalk' in which the guest got the 'Cathy Newman' treatment from the undoubtedly more "rigorous" - Stephen Sackur.

So, what news broadcaster would you say is more neutral and factually accurate than the BBC?
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 429 posts
Liked in: 780 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby d0nb » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:56 pm

None. Pick your poison, according to your political bias. I try to make time for individual reporters I've come to respect - none of whom happen to work for government-owned stations.

As Brexit-supporting free-market libertarians don't dream of working for the BBC, the reporting tends to scew rather heavily to the left, but if you share their bias, the BBC can seem both fair and accurate.

It's stupid to claim (as the most successful cable news station did) to be "fair and balanced." The truth is seldom fair and it certainly doesn't need to be balanced.

What would you balance it with? CNN? :200:
''I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.'' — Ronald Reagan
d0nb
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 921
Likes: 387 posts
Liked in: 784 posts
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby Verum » Feb 2nd, 2018, 1:11 am

d0nb wrote:None.I'm surprised that you would say that none are more "neutral and factually accurate than the BBC", but it's a reasonable position Pick your poison, according to your political bias.I prefer ones where there is little political bias and high level of accuracy. That's one reason I never just look to one source, but rather to many respected and accurate sources. I try to make time for individual reporters I've come to respect - none of whom happen to work for government-owned stations.Yes, so who are they? Are they known for their unbiased and facts based reporting?

As Brexit-supporting free-market libertariansIsn't that a contradiction. Brexit is killing UK access to the largest free market it could have access to. Freedom in trade, movement, etc. What kind of perversity would want to restrict access to such a market in the name of libertarianism? The EU is quite a benefit for libertarianism in Europe and Brexit will only hurt that. don't dream of working for the BBC, the reporting tends to scew rather heavily to the left,Actually, they're largely seen as pretty close to neutral with a slight left bias by American standards but if you share their bias, the BBC can seem both fair and accurate.Not looking for fair, but accurate and unbiased is good.

It's stupid to claim (as the most successful cable news station did) to be "fair and balanced." The truth is seldom fair and it certainly doesn't need to be balanced.The truth is balanced. It doesn't lean left or right because the concept of affiliation is irrelevant to truth. The truth simply is. That said, many like to present their own "truth" often based on limited experience and personal opinions rather than facts and supported evidence.

What would you balance it with? CNN? :200:If by balance you mean balancing the BBC high level of factual accuracy with CNN's rather poor level, then I guess they are a balance of sorts.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1008
Likes: 429 posts
Liked in: 780 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby d0nb » Feb 5th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Verum wrote:None.I'm surprised that you would say that none are more "neutral and factually accurate than the BBC", but it's a reasonable position Pick your poison, according to your political bias.I prefer ones where there is little political bias and high level of accuracy. That's one reason I never just look to one source, but rather to many respected and accurate sources. I try to make time for individual reporters I've come to respect - none of whom happen to work for government-owned stations.Yes, so who are they? Are they known for their unbiased and facts based reporting?

Known to whom? Too often, awards and plaudits are given to 'celebrity' reporters who simply echo the consensus of the herd. Most reporters are blissfully unaware of their bias and ignorance. They just assume that those who agree with them are smart and those who don't are Nazis.

I lean toward smart female reporters like Catherine Herridge, Maria Bartiromo, Harris Faulkner, Katie Pavlich, Jennifer Griffin, etc. Fox News gives women a chance to escape the de rigueur left-wing bias of the other networks and really shine.
It isn't always easy though: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/heres-ho ... ork/353723

I try to balance things out with Judy Woodruff, Joy Behar and Rachel Maddow. (Just kidding Rachel. I still love you, and look forward to your eventual return to sanity.)

As Brexit-supporting free-market libertariansIsn't that a contradiction.

No. Any libertarian so confused as to be in support of the extra layers of bureaucracy and erosion of national self-determination that came with membership in the EU should simply accept their intellectual limitations and join the Labour Party.
Brexit is killing UK access to the largest free market it could have access to.

"Killing?" That sounds like an anti-Brexit BBC talking point.

Mutually beneficial trade will continue post-Brexit, just as trade between Canada and the US will if the current NAFTA renegotiation fails.

There was no shortage of debate on the Brexit issue. The present arrangement has been deemed by the voters to be undesirable, but the BBC talking heads usually side with the view that the Brexit is a ghastly mistake, foisted on the wise by unenlightened masses who are just too poor and stupid to move forward. Bigotry with RP.
It's stupid to claim (as the most successful cable news station did) to be "fair and balanced." The truth is seldom fair and it certainly doesn't need to be balanced.[color=#BF0000]The truth is balanced. It doesn't lean left or right because the concept of affiliation is irrelevant to truth. The truth simply is.

Would that it were so. The fact that most of those who fail to see BBC bias are on the political left is no accident.

A half-full glass is half-empty, but consistently seeing it as one or the other shows bias. All news organizations use 'alternative facts' (what is said, what is not said, and how it is said) to suit the narrative of their directors and the biases of their audiences.

That said, many like to present their own "truth" often based on limited experience and personal opinions rather than facts and supported evidence.

Oh yeah, those guys. Total losers, but what can we do? :admin:

What would you balance it with? CNN? :200:If by balance you mean balancing the BBC high level of factual accuracy with CNN's rather poor level, then I guess they are a balance of sorts.

'Auntie' does many things better than most, but I find BBC bias, ignorance and hostility concerning the USA and its president rather annoying. In fairness, I'll admit that the Canadian networks aren't much better.
''I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.'' — Ronald Reagan

2 people like this post.
d0nb
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 921
Likes: 387 posts
Liked in: 784 posts
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Jordan Peterson gets baited 36 times in 29 minutes in th

Postby sobrohusfat » Feb 5th, 2018, 9:57 pm

For a taste the new Shepherd's Pie visit a Canadian University - submit a view based on fact and reason ...and add a dash of Peterson.

shepherds pie.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

2 people like this post.
User avatar
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4103
Likes: 1300 posts
Liked in: 1561 posts
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

Previous

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest