Sport Minister Kent Hehr resigns

ferri
Forum Administrator

Sport Minister Kent Hehr resigns

Post by ferri »

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has accepted Kent Hehr's resignation from the federal cabinet pending an investigation into an allegation that the sport and disabilities minister made inappropriate sexual remarks while a provincial politician.

Trudeau, who characterizes the move as a leave of absence, says Hehr's duties will be performed in the meantime by Science Minister Kirsty Duncan.

The allegation, which stems from Hehr's time as an Alberta MLA a decade ago, were levelled on social media Wednesday night.

more here:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/21 ... s-minister
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Tradesman
Fledgling

Re: Sport Minister Kent Hehr resigns

Post by Tradesman »

I wish they would give a little more information. Be warned about the use of the word "Yummy" best just not to use any words like that.
...Meanwhile back at the White House
:)
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Kent Hair got what he deserved........to bad it took so long.

Sometimes my spelling is off but I think I got it close.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

lesliepaul wrote:Kent Hair got what he deserved........to bad it took so long.

Sometimes my spelling is off but I think I got it close.

To bad, or not to bad...that is the question. You were too close to even remark.
You and 71 others Like this post
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Hehr, was rude to thalidomide victims, made an inappropriate comment to a woman involved in a class action suit. This was not an isolated incident.

We had the defence minister Harjit Singh Sajjan get caught lying that he was the architect of operation Medusa.

Way back when our own Pemier was arrested for impaired driving in Hawaii.

Shouldn't these people, whom we elect, pay well, if they make two terms, get a GOLD plated pension, have, in the least, the same obligation of we worker bees to conduct ourselves with honest and dignity. If they don't they should be kicked down the road just like we would.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Good riddance of this POS, imho. Trudeau's attempt to fill his cabinet with 'all types' might have been more than he bargained for.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I am surprised no one has said IT yet. This guy is one Kent Hehr short of a full deck.

Now JT is one Kent Hehr short of a full cabinet.
Last edited by Jlabute on Jan 27th, 2018, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Jlabute wrote:I am surprised no one has said IT yet. This guy is one Kent Hehr short of a full deck.

Kent Hehr should be waxed into political obscurity.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

my5cents wrote:Hehr, was rude to thalidomide victims, made an inappropriate comment to a woman involved in a class action suit. This was not an isolated incident.

We had the defence minister Harjit Singh Sajjan get caught lying that he was the architect of operation Medusa.

Way back when our own Pemier was arrested for impaired driving in Hawaii.

Shouldn't these people, whom we elect, pay well, if they make two terms, get a GOLD plated pension, have, in the least, the same obligation of we worker bees to conduct ourselves with honest and dignity. If they don't they should be kicked down the road just like we would.

Sadly, perception of crime, malfeasance and wrong doing by politicians seems very much a partisan issue on these boards. While good points are definitely being made in the criticism of this government, it is hard to jump on the bandwagon with posters who you know have gone to extraordinary lengths in the past excusing the same behavior by one of their guys.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

j watson wrote:Good riddance of this *bleep*, imho. Trudeau's attempt to fill his cabinet with 'all types' might have been more than he bargained for.

one of jt's boys does not surprise me at all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Let's hope whoever the Liberals choose to replace this guy, they are chosen because of their experience and competence, and not solely because of their genitalia.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Let's hope whoever the Liberals choose to replace this guy, they are chosen because of their experience and competence, and not solely because of their genitalia.

Has or is very much aware of grassroots of sports in this country (not just hockey either), just as important has compassion & understanding for those with disabilities in this country.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

And now the Liberal Control Machine has shifted into the next gear, threatening death on one of Kent Hehr's accusers. People need to wake up and realize what kind of regime we're under.

Edmonton woman faces death threats after alleging sexual harassment by Kent Hehr

Emma Graney

Published on: January 27, 2018 | Last Updated: January 27, 2018 8:21 PM MST

Kristin Raworth was afraid to go home Saturday night.

The Edmonton woman came forward with sexual harassment allegations against former federal cabinet minister Kent Hehr this week.

Now she wishes she had never said a word.

Raworth was greeted with broad support when she tweeted out allegations about Hehr Wednesday night.

That has since turned to death threats on social media and email, threatening voicemails left on her work line, and 3 a.m. calls to people close to her, saying they’re going to track her down.

The final straw was Saturday, when a note was shoved under her door at home.

“Shut the f–k up,” it said, “or we’re going to come after you.”

A public servant with the Alberta government, Raworth is now under the watch of legislative security.

She has been told not to be alone.

Raworth spoke with Postmedia late Saturday afternoon. By then, she was “completely cried out.”

At first, Raworth said, she tried to brush it off. She has since gone to police.

She detailed threats that range from wishes she will be injured to those who hope she is raped or killed. Others call her a “*bleep*.”

Raworth said her boss in the Alberta public service has been incredible in his support, but beyond that, she feels let down by the provincial and federal governments.

She said she has contacted a friend in the Prime Minister’s office Saturday morning, detailing the threats and asking someone from the party to publicly condemn the threats or do something to slow the onslaught of hatred being thrown at her.

She also asked them to reach out to her former boss Armajeet Sohi, federal infrastructure minister and Liberal MP for Edmonton-Mill Woods, but has heard nothing.

snip

On Wednesday night, Raworth tweeted that on her first day of work as a Progressive Conservative legislative assistant in 2008, “I was told to avoid being in an elevator with Kent Hehr. He would make comments. He would make you feel unsafe.”

She later told Postmedia she wanted to encourage a conversation about political staffers working in an environment where they don’t feel they can speak up against powerful MLAs.

As a result, Hehr resigned his cabinet post and lawyer Christine Thomlinson will conduct an independent investigation for the government.

“I can’t go home tonight, because I’m worried about what will happen to me,” Raworth said Saturday.

“I wish I hadn’t said anything. If this is the price, it’s just not worth it to me. Not now.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/politic ... -kent-hehr
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

does not shock me one bit,coming from the left
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Gone_Fishin wrote:And now the Liberal Control Machine has shifted into the next gear, threatening death on one of Kent Hehr's accusers. People need to wake up and realize what kind of regime we're under.

:135: You're suggesting these threats come from the Liberal government?
Should we move this thread to the conspiracy forum?

Return to “Canada”