Irony Alert: 1000 private jets in Davos for climate summit

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Irony Alert: 1000 private jets in Davos for climate summit

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Irony Alert: A Thousand Private Jets Deliver Globalist Elite to Davos for Climate Change Summit

by VIRGINIA HALE 24 Jan 2018

More than 1,000 private jet flights have been delivering globalist elites to the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, where attendees are discussing — among other topics — the ‘major threat’ of climate change.
Airports around the Swiss ski resort will see the number of private jets spike 335 per cent during the annual meeting of world elites, according to Air Charter Service (ACS).

Research commissioned by the jet hire company found an average 218 private jet movements a day during the weeklong forum, compared to the 65 daily flights Swiss airfields usually deal with.

Andy Christie, group director for executive jets at ACS, said clients last year opted for expensive “heavy jets” to their lighter, more environmentally-friendly alternatives, with Gulfstream GVs and Global Expresses both being used more than 100 times each.

“With the length of some of the journeys, these slightly larger aircraft would have been needed, but with such wealthy individuals attending, they can afford to use such aircraft from wherever they were coming – as well as the element of larger aircraft being seen as a status symbol,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/01 ... te-change/

And our sock puppet is there in all his glory, hypocritical to the highest degree possible...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Irony Alert: 1000 private jets in Davos for climate summ

Post by TreeGuy »

So hey, I’ve hired a private jet to go to the summit. Want me to pick you up? We can jet pool.

No thanks, I’ve also hired my own private jet, see you there!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

The summit opened with a speech from Narendra Modi, in which he identified climate change as the number one threat to civilisation, and called for more wealth transfers from rich countries ....

Yes, wealth transfer. That's the ticket! That's the ticket!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Unfortunately Scotty has not been able at this time have people beamed anywhere.
As soon as he/she does the transportation of person/s will no longer need to be via plane, vehicle or train etc...etc
Until then planes, vehicles & trains will have to do.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

TreeGuy wrote:So hey, I’ve hired a private jet to go to the summit. Want me to pick you up? We can jet pool.

No thanks, I’ve also hired my own private jet, see you there!

Is there a limo with hot tub waiting at the airport?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

And there is the smoking gun that the entire eco terrorist movement is funded and controlled by the uber rich.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

meh - just UP my taxes another notch

...make 7-UP yours b i t c h e s
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

To call this a climate summit is simply wrong. It was basically a business meeting, and climate change was a topic that came up.

OP trying to spin.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Where do you get 1,000 private jets in Davos? They won't be sitting at the air field until the conference ends. They will drop off whoever chartered it then come back when the conference has concluded, if not sooner depending on schedules.

Research commissioned by the jet hire company found an average 218 private jet movements a day during the weeklong forum, compared to the 65 daily flights Swiss airfields usually deal with.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

oneh2obabe wrote:Where do you get 1,000 private jets in Davos? They won't be sitting at the air field until the conference ends. They will drop off whoever chartered it then come back when the conference has concluded, if not sooner depending on schedules.

Simple math, 218-65=153 extra flights per day! Times 7 days equals 1071.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Number of flights doesn't equate 1,000 private jets sitting in Davos.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Off topic here:

Davos has beautiful wooden hockey arena that hosts the Spengler Cup each year at Christmas time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaillant_Arena
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

oneh2obabe wrote:

Number of flights doesn't equate 1,000 private jets sitting in Davos.

I don't believe it says anywhere they are sitting in Davos. I see words like delivering but not sitting. Might have missed it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

oneh2obabe wrote:Number of flights doesn't equate 1,000 private jets sitting in Davos.

You are DRASTICALLY missing the point.

It's not about the number of jets "sitting" at the airport, it's about the gross amount of spending and pollution our leaders are creating so they can get together and talk about pollution and spending.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not missing the point. You really expect world leaders to fly on a commerical airline with their entourage and security detail for a conference of this scope?

Return to “Canada”