Irony Alert: 1000 private jets in Davos for climate summit

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Irony Alert: 1000 private jets in Davos for climate summ

Post by Jflem1983 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Not missing the point. You really expect world leaders to fly on a commerical airline with their entourage and security detail for a conference of this scope?

Seeing as how the world leaders expect us to live in caves with no heat. Walk to work in order to pay taxes. And eat bugs. I think the least we can beg of our masters is to save the planet by using skype.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

No we are not missing the point. Read your posts you were focusing on the number of jets "sitting" at the airport nothing said about why they might be there.

Having said that it kind of reminds me of the CEO's of the automobile companies. GM and Chrysler I believe ending up in Washington crying how broke they were and how badly they needed government money. Appearance is just bad if you think about the opening speech from Narendra Modi, in which he identified climate change as the number one threat to civilisation is part of the theme of the conference.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Not missing the point. You really expect world leaders to fly on a commerical airline with their entourage and security detail for a conference of this scope?

Why not? Happens all the time. As someone who's worked in the airline industry, its a very common procedure that takes up very little resources.

Good for the environment as they'd be reducing their carbon footprint and good for the economy as they'd be providing income to their respective national airlines. Take a major carrier to a number of major European Hub and then an environmentally friendly train to Davos - its a win win for everyone :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Omnitheo wrote:To call this a climate summit is simply wrong. It was basically a business meeting, and climate change was a topic that came up.

OP trying to spin.

What does it matter if its a topic of discussion or not? These are the same people preaching doom and gloom to us sheeple and forcing their ridiculous polices on us while they're burning up the environment more in a week then we do in a year. One would think they should be leading by example instead of preaching don't you think? :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Oh so true Dizzy 1. "IF" climate change is actually important and "IF" we can actually do anything about it in the grand scheme of things, these are the people who should have it as a main topic in their conference. All of them in one way or another, their life style, the business's they own and/or invest in, plus other areas of their lives are probably some of the worst polluters in the world. You also have clowns like Al Gore and David Suzuki running around preaching global warming and at the same time being some of the worst polluters with numerous homes, vehicles etc. Why should these people not at least make an attempt to look like they are trying. They can fly public airlines just like anyone else and the extra cost to bring their entourage along would be far less than the cost of a private jet and get rid of the pollution. And they expect us to save the world LOL.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

oneh2obabe wrote:Where do you get 1,000 private jets in Davos? They won't be sitting at the air field until the conference ends. They will drop off whoever chartered it then come back when the conference has concluded, if not sooner depending on schedules.

I know he has dreamy hair and a tattoo, but your defense of blatant hypocrisy on the part of the world's top climate pimps really seems completely uninformed. The global warming hoax is losing its shine daily (as it should), and those who continue to push what is simply an unaffordable tax on the working class by global elites shows a lack of intelligent analysis of their part. Put away the hero worship and look at your personal financial situation's trend for more insight.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Give it a rest ... I'm in no way defending Trudeau. The article was about world leaders and the number of chartered jets.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

ITs all about the bottom line

These "climate change" mouth pieces are all thoroughly informed and simply "doing business"

They know their jets don't cause climate change, big weather, big business, big money.

They are absolute liars

Psychopaths & dirty rotten scoundrels!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

This was a business summit first and foremost. And world leaders and businesspeople flew to it in their private jets, or government approved chartered flights as expected or legally obligated to. And yes, the subject of climate change came up. But this doesn’t mean that it was a climate summit (to call it such undermines the validity of actual climate summits like Copenhagen or Paris). And it doesn’t mean that the attendees are all suddenly hypocrites.

Again it’s still spin. And it would be like saying everyone at a beer fest is a hypocrite because there’s a booth selling soft drinks with a sign advising people to be responsible.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/davos-2018-biggest-stories/

Trade loomed large in Trudeau's speech, with NAFTA talks underway in Montreal this week and Trudeau in Davos partly to draw attention to Canadian investment opportunities. The prime minister has traditionally taken a relaxed stance on global trade negotiations, calling NAFTA a vastly complex set of talks with many phases, the eventual outcome of which he expected to be a “win-win-win” for Canada, Mexico and the US.

Today, Trudeau said: "We're working very hard to show our neighbour to the south just how good NAFTA is."
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

How dare these leaders fly to Davos. And in private jets, too. I'll get back to ya when I get home from Mazatlan in early March. Yeah, I'm flying commercial. But if I could fly in my own jet, you know that I would. And so would you. But at some point in the future, the storms and droughts will get severe enough that we're going to starve like the folks in Eritrea. And run out of water like Cape Town is. Louisiana is already starting to go under, literally.

We humans are dumb and can't learn even when the obvious disaster is facing us. So party on. Our grandchildren can pay the price, but not us.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I have zero problem anyone flying around in private jets, having worked in the industry, I fully know and understand the usefulness they offer to their clients.

However, I do have a problem with those who preach one thing and practice the complete opposite :up:
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

if I had a private jet I would fly it around in circles just to use it and burn fuel
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Omnitheo wrote:This was a business summit first and foremost.

Obviously Trudeau shouldn't have been there then, since he and business are mutually exclusive. Perhaps he got his dates mixed up (drinking all that booze on those government jets can do that, ya know) and thought it was next week's Davos Sock Fashion Show?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Omnitheo wrote:This was a business summit first and foremost. And world leaders and businesspeople flew to it in their private jets, or government approved chartered flights as expected or legally obligated to. And yes, the subject of climate change came up. But this doesn’t mean that it was a climate summit (to call it such undermines the validity of actual climate summits like Copenhagen or Paris). And it doesn’t mean that the attendees are all suddenly hypocrites.

Again it’s still spin. And it would be like saying everyone at a beer fest is a hypocrite because there’s a booth selling soft drinks with a sign advising people to be responsible.

It doesn't matter what the summit was about, it could have been about sweater knitting - doesn't change the fact that these are the people who are blaming our everyday actions as the cause for climate change, telling us we have to change our ways, taxing us to implement their rhetoric yet their carbon footprint is miles ahead of those they preach to.

Again, lead by example :up:

Return to “Canada”