TrudeauLiberals snubbed by anti-ISIS coalition

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

TrudeauLiberals snubbed by anti-ISIS coalition

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Canada not invited to anti-ISIS coalition meeting in Paris

Defence ministers from 7 countries will meet Jan. 20 to discuss fight against ISIS

By Katharine Starr, CBC News Posted: Jan 18, 2016 8:59 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 19, 2016 9:50 AM ET

Canada has not been invited to an anti-ISIS coalition meeting this week in Paris, CBC News has learned.

Defence ministers from France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Australia and the Netherlands will join U.S. Secretary of Defence Ashton Carter on Wednesday to discuss the future of the fight against the extremist group.

Canada's Minister of Defence Harjit Sajjan did not receive an invitation, his office confirmed to CBC News Network's Power & Politics.

snip

In a speech last week at Fort Campbell in Kentucky, Carter said the six other nations invited to the Paris meeting are "playing a significant role" in the fight against ISIS.

There was no mention of Canada.

While Sajjan didn't receive an invitation to Wednesday's meeting, he will attend talks organized by Carter on the fringes of a NATO meeting of defence ministers in Brussels Feb 11, and that's the important meeting, said Alghabra.

'Incoherent messaging,' Tories say

Conservative defence critic James Bezan said Canada has been snubbed because of "incoherent messaging" from the Liberals.

"This is the first indication that we haven't been a partner, or maybe not a trusted partner, going forward," he said.

"There's going to be very significant conversations taking place and it would be perfect if Canada was there, if we were serious about taking the fight to ISIS. We should be at these meetings."

NDP foreign affairs critic Hélène Laverdière said she is more concerned about the timing of Canada's withdrawal of its six CF-18s from the combat mission.

"My biggest concern right now is the plan. What is the plan? When are we going to withdraw our fighter jets?" she said.

Canada's new role remains unclear

Defence expert Dave Perry, a senior analyst at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, said the snub is significant because of the high-level nature of the meeting. He called it a reflection of Canada's changing role in the mission.

"The common thing [between the countries invited] is that their contributions are either numerically larger than ours and increasing in some cases, such as both Italy and Germany, or they're continuing to contribute in a very important way to the air mission — Australia and the Netherlands, for instance," Perry said on Power & Politics.

Not being invited means Canada is left out of critical conversations, he added.

"We'll quite literally not be at the table, as the other significant members of the coalition are sitting around, making the decisions about how the mission evolves," Perry said.

"We'll be informed, clearly, about what happens, but we won't be there contributing to the discussion."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada- ... -1.3409420
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: TrudeauLiberals snubbed by anti-ISIS coalition

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^

Makes perfect sense to me HobbyGuy. We harbour ISIS fighters and sympathizers, make them feel at home, in Canada.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Let's be honest and admit they don't need Canada in the fight with ISIS. Besides, we'd probably bring some 'progressive' warfare agenda to the meeting.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Trudeau's got nothing to say anyway. He'll um and ah, talk about feminism, gender equality, gay rights, diversity, pose for some photos, then go shopping with his wife. He's like the little brother that has to be included in everything big brother does but no one really wants him around.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

i think Catsumi nailed it.

Why are these ISIS fighters coming back to anything? Close the border to them. Send a true message.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I am sure they will talk about the Canadian Government and how they are Isis sympathizers.

Embarrassing.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Catsumi wrote:^^^^

Makes perfect sense to me HobbyGuy. We harbour ISIS fighters and sympathizers, make them feel at home, in Canada.

100% correct, hell we even gave a killer terrorist $10 million :swear:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

the truth wrote:
Catsumi wrote:^^^^

100% correct, hell we even gave a killer terrorist $10 million :swear:

You aren't presenting this accurately truthy ^^ but no matter, we all know there is a long thread explaining the whys and wheretos about why. I wonder where he is today and if the money is erasing the torture and the years lost.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^^

And I wonder about dead soldier's widow and two fatherless children, thanks to Khadr, his palship with Bin Laden and fellow murderers.

No, it's best not to have JT and minions attend the meetings. That would only bring more shame to Canadian citizens.

Added: my apologies GoneFishing, misidentified you as Hobbyguy. My bad brainfrt. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Soldiers die. Sorry but they know what they’re signing up for. You volunteer to go into a war zone, you are taking that chance. Khadr did not sign up for that. He was taken as a child without a say, and in the middle of a firefight did as everyone else around him was doing.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

So if a father tells his 14 year old son to shoot your family and he does it there should be no punishment for the son?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Omnitheo wrote:Soldiers die. Sorry but they know what they’re signing up for. You volunteer to go into a war zone, you are taking that chance. Khadr did not sign up for that. He was taken as a child without a say, and in the middle of a firefight did as everyone else around him was doing.

And that's Canada's problem because... . . Hey, there's a convicted murderer speaking at Okanagan College this week. Apparently he's also some kind of hero in the eyes of the Canadian govt.
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

Those anti-ISIS coalition people sure are fools. Had they invited Sajjan, he could have dealt with those ISIS fighters all by his own self... :smt045

It should be no surprise that Trudeau or any other Liberal party member was not invited to this of meeting. What benefit would there have been? None.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

techrtr wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Soldiers die. Sorry but they know what they’re signing up for. You volunteer to go into a war zone, you are taking that chance. Khadr did not sign up for that. He was taken as a child without a say, and in the middle of a firefight did as everyone else around him was doing.

And that's Canada's problem because... . . Hey, there's a convicted murderer speaking at Okanagan College this week. Apparently he's also some kind of hero in the eyes of the Canadian govt.

ya saw that, how f up is that
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

I could shoot someone who is trespassing on my property with a knife and I would go to jail, no reward from the government, no 10.5 million to me afterwards for suffering in jail. Someone could threaten me and I am not allowed to defend myself, have to call the police. To say this guy did what was right and killed people instead of surrendering is just bizarre when I know the same thing wouldn't be acceptable on our own soil.

Other countries know what I stated above so it is no surprise they do not want our help in ending the threat. I don't care what I laws are, if we need to write a new one to cover "guilty of war crimes overseas" then do it.

Return to “Canada”