Please kick Quebec out of Canada

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Please kick Quebec out of Canada

Post by Queen K »

Jhunter199 wrote:Honestly, 46,000 immigrants in 30 years doesn't really sound like a big deal. These people are established business types, not unknown refugees. They are not burdening our tax system, but contributing to it and helping the Countries economy.

And they bring their money to all parts of Canada.

So what is the big deal with the OP?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Did you read linkQK?

Nice that Quebec gets billions in INTEREST FREE loans while ROC sucks wind
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ya I know, there's always a catch. What I hate about Quebec is their Language Laws and their gestapo enforcing it. Kick them out for expecting the rest of Canada being bi-lingual but not them.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

when in rome https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... -romans-do

i have been to quebec many times ,i for one enjoy there french culture
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

the truth wrote:when in rome https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... -romans-do

i have been to quebec many times ,i for one enjoy there french culture

I just wish they would speak English.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:Ya I know, there's always a catch. What I hate about Quebec is their Language Laws and their gestapo enforcing it. Kick them out for expecting the rest of Canada being bi-lingual but not them.

A catch? Perhaps you missed the issue here. You can pay Quebec to get a rubber stamp pass into Canada. It is bribery for residency, and it is brutal. It's just another clearly corrupt function of Quebec. It has also massively impacted other cities in Canada, of which will be no concern to Quebec as the "screw the anglophones and others" is very well known.

Seriously this is the province that passed law to stop saying "hello" and people call this "culture".

Kicked out, no, removal of all fiscal support from the federal government until corruption and bigotry gets adjusted, yes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Veovis wrote:
Queen K wrote:Ya I know, there's always a catch. What I hate about Quebec is their Language Laws and their gestapo enforcing it. Kick them out for expecting the rest of Canada being bi-lingual but not them.

A catch? Perhaps you missed the issue here. You can pay Quebec to get a rubber stamp pass into Canada. It is bribery for residency, and it is brutal. It's just another clearly corrupt function of Quebec. It has also massively impacted other cities in Canada, of which will be no concern to Quebec as the "screw the anglophones and others" is very well known.

Seriously this is the province that passed law to stop saying "hello" and people call this "culture".

Kicked out, no, removal of all fiscal support from the federal government until corruption and bigotry gets adjusted, yes.

English understatement is no longer appreciated?

I get it.

But it's user pay. If they didn't want out out their own damn :cuss: hole countries so badly, they wouldn't pay it. Quebec has it figured out. Boo Hoo for the rest of Canada. No one is kicking them out any day soon, is there even a way for a Province to leave Canada? OH right, Quebec had referendums won (or lost) by the immigrant vote and the young people. They voted to stay. Can the rest of Canada have a vote to oust a Province? Is there even a mechanism for that?

This whole thread is based on an idea dearly nurtured by the rest of Canada, no? But there is no mechanism. It was a moot thread the minute it got posted.

BTW, I have no desire to see Quebec, even drive through it due to their Language Laws. None. I know some here have gone and paid their tourist dollars there and loved it. But I don't want to spend a tank of gas to just drive through it.

Corruption in Quebec ended? Since never.

I say BC should learn and offer lower "taxes" to immigrants to get in. Beat Quebec at their own game.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Another issue is that gaping hole in our border located in Quebec that just does not get shut down for some reason I canno divine

Years ago I recall a Quebec policy whereby the province got paid a fairly substantial sum for accepting immigrants, housing and teaching them French. Then, when that was done the newcomers, realizing they were not really welcome in Quebec,went to other provinces, unable to communicate. Hence, the "need" for more french language institutions across the whole of Canada.

Maybe these two are linked....open border = Quebec jackpot
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Quebec is a festering hole and has been for years. From the '70's bombings to the language laws and the corruption.

A professor once stood in front of our class and said, "why does Quebec time and time again produce the best politicians who make it to the highest levels of Government including PMs?"

Us BCers all sat there like dummies.

He continued, "See, we have BC politics to deal with, the left/right polarzition and the strangeness that is BC, but Quebec? What do they have?

The biggest Chip on their Collective Shoulders in the World.

And that galvanizes them into political powers like no other."

That is the gist of professors lecture as far as I've ever remembered. As as far as I've ever made out, it's true.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

QK....you should travel to Quebec, take photos of where our money went!! :biggrin:

Part of the issue in OP post is that housing availability, already greatly stressed, would be exacerbated by higher immigration numbers.

Remember, we cannot deal with the issue at present without adding to the problem by taking in more.

As well, the article claims that the large jumps in RE prices have been fueled by those with cash to burn. Most Canadians aren't in such a position thanks to ever increasing taxation, which goes......where??

:biggrin:

Unknown
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:

I get it.

But it's user pay. If they didn't want out out their own damn :cuss: hole countries so badly, they wouldn't pay it. Quebec has it figured out. Boo Hoo for the rest of Canada. No one is kicking them out any day soon, is there even a way for a Province to leave Canada? OH right, Quebec had referendums won (or lost) by the immigrant vote and the young people. They voted to stay. Can the rest of Canada have a vote to oust a Province? Is there even a mechanism for that?

Are you actually suggesting that Canada's immigration and refugee policies should literally be based on whoever pays enough gets a free pass?

I'm wondering if I am misunderstanding you because that is a terrible policy and one I don't like Quebec doing. I think poeple should deserve to be Canadians, not $$$$
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Veovis wrote:
Queen K wrote:

I get it.

Are you actually suggesting that Canada's immigration and refugee policies should literally be based on whoever pays enough gets a free pass?

I'm wondering if I am misunderstanding you because that is a terrible policy and one I don't like Quebec doing. I think poeple should deserve to be Canadians, not $$$$

On second thought :runforlife: No of course not.

I'm not myself today. Carry on.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

How do we know if they 'deserve to be Canadians'? I say take their money first, then review their credentials and if they don't measure up.....bon voyage.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

If it were possible to go back in time and rewrite history, it would have made sense to divide North America down the middle, north to south not east to west.

For trade, commerce, travel and like-minded, this option would have worked much better.

Too late!

Unknown
I see what you did

Post by I see what you did »

Catsumi wrote:If it were possible to go back in time and rewrite history, it would have made sense to divide North America down the middle, north to south not east to west.

For trade, commerce, travel and like-minded, this option would have worked much better.

Too late!

and where would you propose this divide to run through.

Return to “Canada”