Übergod

Re: Notley Slams BC Oil Move

Post by Snman »

Agreed, Rustled.
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

I think this whole situation is more a matter of one province trying to dictate to the other, I'm for the pipe, but I sure hell don't agree with having Alta. trying to tell us what to do.
I'm sure they will allow the pipe, but if it does spill, Alberta and big oil better be there with the funds to clean it up.

I do believe Christy Clark had the same view, someone has to pay if it fails
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

It's federal jurisdiction, though, and it got the go-ahead. It's not up to Horgan to throw impediments in the way, and IMO he's not doing it to protect B.C. He's doing it to keep Weaver on his side long enough to ram through the policy they've cooked up, making sure both parties will be funded by the taxpayer.

The NDP was bankrupt before the last election, and had CUPE underwrite a loan to keep the lights on. He can't afford to lose Weaver's support, hence the grandstanding. The objective is to delay the pipeline at least until he has his way with the B.C. taxpayer.

I don't think he has given it much thought beyond that. And given how "surprised" he was by Alberta's reaction, I doubt he thought through how defying the Canadian constitution would play out with everyone he was tossing under the bus to meet his party's objective of securing a permanent cash flow, courtesy of the taxpayer.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I had a good laugh at Jagmeet trying lay the blame for his BC NDP counterpart's stupidity on JT. That went flat in a hurry.

I am embarrassed that BC's reputation and the reputation of hard working BC residents is being tarnished by Horgan and Heyman.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Horgan is taking a beating. Who knew Notley would come out swinging like this. Nothing Horgan can do. Next Notley will kick out the million or so BC ers working in Alberta and old Horgan will have another million families to feed.

Do you think maybe this guy will get a clue and back down?

He should be in Edmonton begging forgiveness. These clowns were not even elected .
Notley despite her showing she can fight is done anyways. Good on her kicking the chair out from beneath Horgans noose before she goes though .

Its an NDP bloodbath. They all lose
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I got to admit I like watching Notely keep Horgan on his heels. Who woulda thought?, I hope she comes stronger & doesn't let up.
Hope this is a lesson for the next election
Blast

Post by Blast »

Read all the article at link. Don't expect the PM to do anything.

http://business.financialpost.com/opini ... ments-area

Terence Corcoran: The ugly pipeline war is no accident. It was the plan
Wake up, Canada. The Trans Mountain constitutional meltdown is the product of an aggressive radical campaign by green extremists to rip up the economy

Extract:
The Canadian pipeline crisis is developing along the usual constitutional divide and within the tired context of party politics punditry. Will Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government use its federal powers to overrule the unconstitutional moves by B.C.’s NDP government? Will B.C.’s attempt to block the $7.4-billion expansion of the Trans Mountain oilsands pipeline to the West Coast lead to a trade war with Alberta’s NDP?

And what will the Liberals’ new plans, announced Thursday, to gut the National Energy Board’s power and responsibilities, and new environmental rules released this week to protect the lives of fish against human encroachment by pipeline do to the state of the federation?

Wake up, Canada. This is not another political game show about the powers and rights of different levels of government. Nor is it about ritual inter-party rivalries among Liberals, New Democrats and Conservatives. The Trans Mountain constitutional meltdown is the product of an aggressive radical campaign by green extremists to rip up the Canadian economy.

<mucho snippage>

Among the Canadian green groups cited by Marx as eager recipients of funding were Environmental Defence Canada, World Wildlife Fund Canada, ForestEthics Canada, Greenpeace and others. At the time, in 2008, the head of World Wildlife Fund Canada was Gerald Butts, currently Prime Minister Trudeau’s principle secretary and top adviser. Other green activists sit on panels and outside cabinet rooms, providing bad advice and misguidance to politicians and business leaders.
spokenut

Post by spokenut »

It’s probably a good idea to take a look at the plan for increased tanker traffic on our coast. Doesn’t look like the feds did that in their approval process. https://globalnews.ca/news/3074410/engi ... ws-bridge/
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

You can fling all the tomatoes you want, but it is also a fact that John Horgan is in a hard spot.
Being a politician, his will to survive is strong. This means, to keep a minority government functioning, that he must keep the Green party onside. The Green party may once have been the voice of environmentalism, but has long since sold its soul to special interest groups, exactly like all the industries they despise. The green party leader says “he and his fellow Green MLAs are prepared to bring down the NDP government if the New Democrats breathe a positive word about developing a liquefied natural gas industry…” This is, coincidentally, happening at exactly the same time that a group of municipal and First Nations leaders were meeting in Prince George to draft a letter demanding support for LNG.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218706

And the beat goes on. You tell em Rachel.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

jimmy4321 wrote:I got to admit I like watching Notely keep Horgan on his heels. Who woulda thought?, I hope she comes stronger & doesn't let up.

There are lots of things that BC could do. Shut down the existing pipeline - sure it would cost us more for gas but not much more, ban their beef, tax their absentee building owners etc. but we don't do any of that - we are acting with class and trying to ensure the security of our environment. a great example of class in this is Summerhill Winery. Rather than retaliate or throw bricks, they sourced Alberta Organic Bison and put it on their menu - farmers supporting farmers. There are all kinds of things that we can do, without retaliation, to show Albertan how out of line their PM is.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

lensbaby wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:I got to admit I like watching Notely keep Horgan on his heels. Who woulda thought?, I hope she comes stronger & doesn't let up.

There are lots of things that BC could do. Shut down the existing pipeline - sure it would cost us more for gas but not much more, ban their beef, tax their absentee building owners etc. but we don't do any of that - we are acting with class and trying to ensure the security of our environment. a great example of class in this is Summerhill Winery. Rather than retaliate or throw bricks, they sourced Alberta Organic Bison and put it on their menu - farmers supporting farmers. There are all kinds of things that we can do, without retaliation, to show Albertan how out of line their PM is.???????
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lensbaby wrote:
There are lots of things that BC could do. Shut down the existing pipeline - sure it would cost us more for gas but not much more,

How does a province have jurisdiction to "shut down the existing pipeline". That's basically an act of war, and doesn't really mesh with the constitution. Also, where would this gas you speak of come from, that would "cost us more but not much more"?

ban their beef,

Where would we get beef from then?

tax their absentee building owners etc. but we don't do any of that -

We don't charge property tax to Albertans?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
lensbaby wrote:
There are lots of things that BC could do. Shut down the existing pipeline - sure it would cost us more for gas but not much more,

How does a province have jurisdiction to "shut down the existing pipeline". That's basically an act of war, and doesn't really mesh with the constitution. Also, where would this gas you speak of come from, that would "cost us more but not much more"?

ban their beef,

Where would we get beef from then?

tax their absentee building owners etc. but we don't do any of that -

We don't charge property tax to Albertans?

Did you actually read all of the post and did you really entirely miss the point? I was not for one moment suggesting any of those thinks - simply pointing out that if we were as petty as her it could rapidly deteriorate into a *bleep* for tat where nobody would win. But I actually think that you did get the point!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

lensbaby wrote:

There are lots of things that BC could do. Shut down the existing pipeline - sure it would cost us more for gas but not much more, ban their beef, tax their absentee building owners etc. but we don't do any of that - we are acting with class and trying to ensure the security of our environment. a great example of class in this is Summerhill Winery. Rather than retaliate or throw bricks, they sourced Alberta Organic Bison and put it on their menu - farmers supporting farmers. There are all kinds of things that we can do, without retaliation, to show Albertan how out of line their PM is.

Totally out to lunch. In order for BC to shut down the pipeline, the government would have to buy it first, or lose ll trade with the US. Just plain silly NDP type rubbish that purports to thought.

Horgan and his fool pal Heyman are the ones that are out of line, not Rachel. Unfortunately the whole province will pay for their utterly self serving stupidity.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”