More than we can afford?

Snman
Übergod

More than we can afford?

Post by Snman »

Who has the skinny on this? Anyone? Couple millennials shredding the PM over this at work today.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218136
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: More than we can afford?

Post by LTD »

did you not read the link ?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Yes I did. I guess you're the smart one here. Get lost.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

lol try reading it again i guess, pretty self explanatory, or you could get lost and try your google out
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

This is just typical of JT and his "make'n'break" election promises.

What a sad and sorry state for Canadians to witness.

Please remember this and other broken promises come election date....PLEASE .....
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Thank you, Catsumi, for some constructive input.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

This is all over my FB page. pretty shocking ! Time to look after our own .
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

The video tells the story better.

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

3E77A73A-899B-4AA6-BF66-8BE8BC1F9FA9.jpeg
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Out of all the reason Canadians have to kick Trudeau out of office, this takes the cake. Tens of Millions of dollars paid to terrorists and nothing left for our veterans. The fact he’s more than willing to take our own Vets to court but is unwilling to take a terrorist to court is appalling and disrespectful. The moment anyone starts to fight for terrorists is the moment they just gave up thier citizenship.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

You people are so dense. The government was going to have to pay Khadr either way. We broke his legal rights. It took 3 subsequent administrations kicking the can down the road and wasting more and more money on fighting the issue. The only thing Trudeau did was to settle the case.

The 10 million dollars wasn’t some sort of a gift. It was a fine.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Omnitheo wrote:You people are so dense. The government was going to have to pay Khadr either way. We broke his legal rights. It took 3 subsequent administrations kicking the can down the road and wasting more and more money on fighting the issue. The only thing Trudeau did was to settle the case.

I don’t agree and I don’t particularly like you calling all of us “dense” because we are speaking out against a profound injustice. Again I and many Canadians think that if you leave A country and join a terrorist organization that is hell bent on destroying everything your country has built, then you are no longer a citizen of that country. Doesn’t matter if you actually participated in murder or simply pushed their propaganda you are guilty of treason in the highest degree. Our military personal place their lives at risk to defend the peaceful against the non peaceful. They did not lose their limbs or life to ensure that the very terrorists they are fighting become millionaires paid by our own tax dollars.

But please explain to me why paying off terrorists is a higher priority than ensuring our returning/wounded vets are taken care of, let alone all the other financial funding shortfalls we’ve seen in many sectors.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Nedroj wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:You people are so dense. The government was going to have to pay Khadr either way. We broke his legal rights. It took 3 subsequent administrations kicking the can down the road and wasting more and more money on fighting the issue. The only thing Trudeau did was to settle the case.

I don’t agree and I don’t particularly like you calling all of us “dense” because we are speaking out against a profound injustice. Again I and many Canadians think that if you leave A country and join a terrorist organization that is hell bent on destroying everything your country has built, then you are no longer a citizen of that country.The courts don't see things as having gone that way. It really doesn't matter what you think, the courts aren't some simple reaction to your or public opinion. Doesn’t matter if you actually participated in murder or simply pushed their propaganda you are guilty of treason in the highest degree. Our military personal place their lives at risk to defend the peaceful against the non peaceful. They did not lose their limbs or life to ensure that the very terrorists they are fighting become millionaires paid by our own tax dollars.

But please explain to me why paying off terrorists is a higher priority than ensuring our returning/wounded vets are taken care of, let alone all the other financial funding shortfalls we’ve seen in many sectors.It's not. As much as I hate what happened, this was an exercise in limiting Canadian exposure and costs. What the Liberals did actually prevented more money being bled from our coffers. That actually means we are in a better position to pay for veterans and their needs. It leaves a really bad taste is all of our mouths, but the alternative, to continue fighting a losing legal battle and accruing greater liabilities, would have been worse for all of us and that includes veterans.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Sorry but IMO the dense one is you unless you prescribe to some namby pamby rights for people that chose to go to a war in support of islamic extremism. I know some people of Islamic faith that are equally dumbfounded by this payment. Only in Canada with a pansy as Prime Minister eh?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Just WHO is DENSE here??????

Post by Catsumi »

Several times I have mentioned on other threads that by allowing Khadr back into Canada (and worse yet paying him 10.5 million dollars for his acts of terror) Trudeau has broken Canadian law. You chose to ignore or question, so have to assume you are a cheerleader for the outrages our slippery-as-an-eel PM foists upon us.

Canada government website under Citizenship Act, subsections 10.2 and 10.1(2)

IMG_3337.PNG

And please, spare us the "he was just a child" sob story. Read the history, it's all over the internet, easily found....which you will probably ignore as well. KHadr was a willing and enthusiastic participant in maiming and killing. His "torture " in jail (Koran withheld and the like) hardly justifies or forgives JT's over the top response, (which he obviously knew so payout was secret until whistleblower exposed same and JT ran like a rabbit to Ireland hoping we would forget by his return date). I am pretty damn sure his victim would rather have experienced that "torture" rather than lose his life.

JT could have taken this to court, but he didn't even try. The murderous Khadr shouldn't have been allowed back in the FIRST place.

Added to this awful situation there is the return of ISIS sympathizers who have been meticulously trained to hate, destroy, maim and kill on our very own soil. JT welcomes them.

Just WHO is DENSE here??
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”