Trudeau's gaffes are no joke

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

February 5, 2018

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s outdone himself this time. The PM has already chalked up a pretty good list of greatest gaffes.

Some are just goofy, like his claim that we need to “rethink concepts as basic as space and time.” Others offer a window into his political philosophy, like his admiration that China’s “basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say ‘we need to go green fastest.’”

Then there are gaffes that have serious public policy consequences, such as his claim “the budget will balance itself” which he proved wrong all by himself.

Now the PM has added three gaffes in quick succession to his list during recent town hall travels.

First, Trudeau objected to a young woman who used the word “mankind” in a question, waving his hand to interrupt her and mansplaining that “we like to say ‘peoplekind,’ not necessarily mankind.”

Really? Who is this “we?” Has anyone heard Trudeau say “peoplekind” before?

snip

During another exchange, Trudeau was asked about his soft-on-terror response to ISIS and his focus on rehabilitation. Incredibly, Trudeau likened returning ISIS fighters to when “Italian families settled in Montreal in the postwar years” and how such influxes of immigrants were discriminated against for their style of dress and religion.

This comparison is beyond offensive to all immigrants and refugees who came to Canada both for opportunity and to escape the mindless, hateful violence inflicted upon them by terrorists.

The third gaffe was the absolute worst. Here’s what Trudeau said when asked about his government’s troubled relationship with many of Canada’s veterans: “Why are we still fighting against certain veterans groups in court? Because they’re asking for more than we’re able to give right now.”

That’s right. We’re able to give Omar Khadr $10.5 million and throw hundreds of millions into feel good green energy projects, but we’re not “able” to give veterans more.

Talk about embarrassing and shameful additions to Trudeau’s growing hit list of gaffes.

http://torontosun.com/opinion/editorial ... re-no-joke
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Trudeau's gaffes are no joke

Post by Queen K »

When I saw this on the news this morning I was appauled as anyone would be.

It's beyone imagination at this point.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

I agree with everything in there but the point about chinas government making a quick change because of their absolute power is pretty true. They've been making one of the quickest energy usage changeovers ever, they're just mass converting the country over to green energy. Though it helps that they've figured out how to lend themselves unlimited money and then launder the bad debt out of existence. It also helps that they're fine with polluting their water and land to push all the green power stuff through quickly. I guess they kind of had to push all this through super fast what with their horrifying air quality in bigger chinese cities.

So I guess overall I'd count that statement as technically correct, though a gross simplification. Though since it would be hard and politically difficult for him to spout all that info I figure eh.

The personkind thing is pretty silly though, seems like a battle that gains him nothing and costs him credibility.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, I was talking about the veterns item myself.

That China is forcing themselves over to Green Energy is of human interest, they have slave labour, no unions and no regard for environmental concerns.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Queen K wrote:Okay, I was talking about the veterns item myself.

That China is forcing themselves over to Green Energy is of human interest, they have slave labour, no unions and no regard for environmental concerns.

Oh the veterans thing is terrible. It shouldn't even be an issue, those people put their lives on the line for their country and the government *bleep*? Completely unacceptable.

And for China they are absolutely deplorable on every front. I mean you forgot child labour, and just an over all disregard for human life in general. Its great that they're kicking coal, and are working on kicking other fossil fuels, it'll probably have a huge ripple effect on the rest of the world. Unfortunately they probably won't correct their other problems ~ever~, its also unfortunate that our PM basically got laughed at by the entire world for trying to broach the subject of human / worker rights to asian representatives. I get that its kind of a naive act business/politics wise but from I guess a moral perspective its fairly admirable albeit obviously futile.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jt, truly is turning out to be a complete useless pm, the damage he has already done to canada can not be undone :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

the truth wrote:jt, truly is turning out to be a complete useless pm, the damage he has already done to canada can not be undone :-X

I mean everyone said the same thing about Harper but we seem to kind of be recovering from the monster.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

EXCUSE ME! What is the Prime Minister of our country doing correcting peoples speech? Interrupting them in order to do so none the less. What happened to Freedom of speech? You know, one of the rights our Vets fought for.

This really has me fired up.

CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

TreeGuy wrote:EXCUSE ME! What is the Prime Minister of our country doing correcting peoples speech? Interrupting them in order to do so none the less. What happened to Freedom of speech? You know, one of the rights our Vets fought for.

I agree its stupid but one could argue that he was exercising his right to free speech. :)
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

CapitalB wrote:
TreeGuy wrote:EXCUSE ME! What is the Prime Minister of our country doing correcting peoples speech? Interrupting them in order to do so none the less. What happened to Freedom of speech? You know, one of the rights our Vets fought for.

CapitalB wrote:I agree its stupid but one could argue that he was exercising his right to free speech. :)

Exercising your freedom of speech is one thing, interrupting someone and imposing your view on that person is another, especially when you are the leader of a country. How intimidating is that.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

The lady in question said something about maternal love being the only kind of love that can save the world. I thought Trudeau was sarcastically responding to such nonsense with the line about 'peoplekind' and how all love from all people matters - not just maternal.

Notice how the lady as well as the audience laughed? Notice how in a post interview the lady said she wasn't offended? Pretty sure because 'peoplekind' was meant to be silly. But of course people here have to take it seriously and act like Trudeau is going to start kidnapping and beating people who dare say mankind.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

More international people, who supposedly all love Trudeau, are responding today to the "Peoplekind" stupidity:

How dare you kill off mankind, Mr Trudeau, you spineless virtue-signalling excuse for a feminist

Mankind ended last night.

I know, I know, you probably didn't realize.

But it happened.

A world leader publicly pronounced it dead.

Yes, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau killed off 'mankind' because he finds the word offensive.

I'm not kidding. I wish I were.

There's always a moment in every movement when someone tries so hard to be a part of it that they make a complete and utter politically correct plonker* of themselves.

In the new wave of modern feminism, the list of contenders for the coveted title of Chief PC Plonker is long and distinguished.

But now a clear winner has emerged in the form of Trudeau, the handsome young politician publicly drooled over by many of the same women who claim to find male objectification of female flesh so demeaning.

Trudeau - who is photographed topless far too often for it to be accident - knows his fanbase and thinks he knows what they want to hear.

Amid the #MeToo and #TimesUp firestorm of the past few months, he's been biding his time, waiting for the perfect occasion to throw his virtue-signalling voice behind the feminist cause.

It finally came last Friday night when he addressed students in a Q&A at MacEwan University in Edmonton.

In video footage just released, a young woman from the World Mission of God, a non-denominational church guided by the ideals of 'God the Mother', stood up to ask him a question.

'We came here today,' she began, 'to ask you to look into the policies that religious charitable organisations have in our legislation so it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that's going to change the future of mankind….'

On hearing that last word, shirt-sleeved Trudeau recoiled like he'd been shot by a crossbow and instantly raised his left arm in indignant angst.

'We like to see 'peoplekind',' he declared, rudely interrupting the woman and flapping the same arm around aggressively, 'not necessarily mankind. It's more inclusive.'

'There we go!' she cried, excitedly. 'Exactly!'

The crowd erupted with cheers and applause. Or rather, the other women in the crowd did.
Most of the men just looked bemused and stayed silent.

'We can all learn from each other!' Trudeau added, milking his audience like a greedy dairy farmer.
I've watched the video a few times now and it gets worse with every viewing.

Trudeau comes over as the worst kind of hectoring, bully pulpit smart-a**; dripping with virtuous self-aggrandizing sanctimony.

He also saw fit to single-handedly rewrite the English language.
There is no such word as 'peoplekind'.

And he's wrong too about the etymology of the word 'mankind'.

It dates back to a time many centuries ago when males were called 'werman' and females 'wyfman', and 'man' was a gender-neutral term meaning all human beings.

So 'mankind' was originally intended to signify humanity.

Not that Trudeau will care about such trifling inaccuracies.

After all, he is the single most PC-friendly, touchy-feely Prime Minister in the history of world politics.
He marched at Canada's version of Gay Pride, he's pro-choice on abortion, pro legalizing marijuana and pro just about anything else that he thinks might win him the hearts of global liberals.

There's not a diversity box Trudeau hasn't promptly hammered himself inside. He's even called poverty 'sexist'.
'I'm a feminist, I'm proud to be feminist,' he declared after acceding to office.

And to prove it, Trudeau's first 'gender-parity' cabinet contained the exact same number of men and women, 15 of each.
To understand why he's become such a fervent gender trailblazer, look no further than an incident early into his tenure, in which Trudeau stormed across the Canadian House of Commons during a heated debate and accidentally elbowed a female MP, Ruth Ellen Brosseau.

He didn't even know he'd done it, which is hardly surprising when you watch the video of the incident and see an accidental, very mild contact of the kind that happens every second of every day on the subway.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z56NS2UBlm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Today our Prime Minister affirmed that he would support that all blue jeans were required to be manufactured without a "fly". I mean why would we differentiate how we pee except to be politically correct.
This guy is just an unqualified drama teacher that is rapidly making Canada a laughing stock on the world stage. Both European and the US Media has tuned into what a *bleep* this clown is. He is single handedly embarrassing Canada on the world stage with his opinions and oratory skills.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and then some, he is no better than trump, just in different ways that's all
Last edited by the truth on Feb 7th, 2018, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”