52882
55798

JT and Sikh Terrorism

JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby johnrae » Feb 7th, 2018, 8:38 am

johnrae
Fledgling
 
Posts: 123
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 136 posts
Joined: Sep 2nd, 2014, 12:30 pm

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby the truth » Feb 7th, 2018, 12:23 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218284 it just proves he supports terrorism, on top of the fact he gave a known terrorist $10 million
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13971
Likes: 8746 posts
Liked in: 5172 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby Chyren » Feb 7th, 2018, 1:03 pm

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-218284-5-.htm#218284 it just proves he supports terrorism, on top of the fact he gave a known terrorist $10 million


Are you seriously saying the Prime Minister of Canada supports terrorism? :200:

Wow. Time to move to North Korea man where things are much better....

Get a grip.

2 people like this post.
Chyren
Fledgling
 
Posts: 349
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 299 posts
Joined: Dec 30th, 2016, 9:45 pm

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby the truth » Feb 7th, 2018, 4:31 pm

yes i am, we did give a terrorist $10 million did we not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13971
Likes: 8746 posts
Liked in: 5172 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby CapitalB » Feb 7th, 2018, 5:00 pm

So wait I'm a bit out of the loop on this thing;

We have an (at the time) 15 year old child soldier. He gets shot in a firefight with american soldiers (where an american soldier is shot and killed). The americans take him to guantanamo (an arguably terrible military prison) and spend about 10 years illegally (because they didn't officially charge him with anything) torturing him until he confess under duress (his claim, though after a decade of torture...). He's then deported to canada where our supreme court unanimously finds our intelligence officers complicit in his interrogation / torture. This action obligates our government to settle with Omar, though the conservative government seeing that as a large expense and pr disaster pushes it five years down the road.

Which brings us to now. We've paid this fella out because our intelligence officers broke our own laws. A lot of people see this as a simple black and white matter of giving a terrorist money. Others see it as a more complex issue involving child soldiers, years of torture, violation of international war laws.

Does that sound right?
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 742
Likes: 305 posts
Liked in: 452 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 7th, 2018, 5:13 pm

that's too complicated and doesn't fit some poster's worldviews. It's much easier to just accept a black and white incorrect oversimplification that lets you cry about it in 1/3 threads on the forum.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

RVThereYet likes this post.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3987
Likes: 5813 posts
Liked in: 2915 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby the truth » Feb 7th, 2018, 5:16 pm

so we all have to believe what your kind says as the truth now----no thanks
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13971
Likes: 8746 posts
Liked in: 5172 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby CapitalB » Feb 7th, 2018, 5:19 pm

the truth wrote:so we all have to believe what your kind says as the truth now----no thanks


Kind? You mean people that deal in facts and evidence?
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 742
Likes: 305 posts
Liked in: 452 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 7th, 2018, 5:21 pm

I guess the Supreme Court of Canada is "Our kind"

I'd rather understand and comprehend the actual truth than the mostly ignorant opinions of someone who claims to be The Truth but never actually provides any.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3987
Likes: 5813 posts
Liked in: 2915 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby RVThereYet » Feb 7th, 2018, 5:24 pm

CapitalB wrote:So wait I'm a bit out of the loop on this thing;

We have an (at the time) 15 year old child soldier. He gets shot in a firefight with american soldiers (where an american soldier is shot and killed). The americans take him to guantanamo (an arguably terrible military prison) and spend about 10 years illegally (because they didn't officially charge him with anything) torturing him until he confess under duress (his claim, though after a decade of torture...). He's then deported to canada where our supreme court unanimously finds our intelligence officers complicit in his interrogation / torture. This action obligates our government to settle with Omar, though the conservative government seeing that as a large expense and pr disaster pushes it five years down the road.

Which brings us to now. We've paid this fella out because our intelligence officers broke our own laws. A lot of people see this as a simple black and white matter of giving a terrorist money. Others see it as a more complex issue involving child soldiers, years of torture, violation of international war laws.

Does that sound right?


That sounds about right! And, if during the last federal election the Conservatives (under Steven Harper) would have remained in government, they too would eventually have been ordered by the SCoC to settle this claim. I'm betting we then would not be reading any posts on here by some about how "Steven Harper supports terrorism". The Cons simply avoided having to deal with the Khadr issues by punting it down the road long enough and then eventually loosing the election and therefore not having to deal with this mess they helped create. Now they can sit there and beat the opposition drum on how the current Liberals are paying tax-payer -money to known terrorists.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
RVThereYet
Board Meister
 
Posts: 429
Likes: 127 posts
Liked in: 299 posts
Joined: Nov 1st, 2011, 12:10 pm
Location: Mars

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby Chyren » Feb 8th, 2018, 9:52 am

What does Khadr have to do with alleged sikh terrorism?

The Prime Minister of Canada NO MATTER WHAT POLITICAL LEANINGS is NOT a supporter of Terrorism. :swear:

Any other idea is ridiculous. Go back to your internet conspiracy theories....
Chyren
Fledgling
 
Posts: 349
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 299 posts
Joined: Dec 30th, 2016, 9:45 pm

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby the truth » Feb 8th, 2018, 10:06 am

Omnitheo wrote:I guess the Supreme Court of Canada is "Our kind"

I'd rather understand and comprehend the actual truth than the mostly ignorant opinions of someone who claims to be The Truth but never actually provides any.


the supreme court of canada would never make a mistake [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13971
Likes: 8746 posts
Liked in: 5172 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby RVThereYet » Feb 8th, 2018, 10:26 am

Chyren wrote:What does Khadr have to do with alleged sikh terrorism?

The Prime Minister of Canada NO MATTER WHAT POLITICAL LEANINGS is NOT a supporter of Terrorism. :swear:

Any other idea is ridiculous. Go back to your internet conspiracy theories....

Khadr was brought into this discussion because some on here believe the $10 million settlement he was awarded by the SCoC is proof that the current PM supports terrorism (in general) Go figure...
User avatar
RVThereYet
Board Meister
 
Posts: 429
Likes: 127 posts
Liked in: 299 posts
Joined: Nov 1st, 2011, 12:10 pm
Location: Mars

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby Chyren » Feb 8th, 2018, 10:51 am

Using that mentality then:

1) The government of Canada supports war.
2) The government of Canada supports killing soldiers.

.....and any other ridiculous things you can link. Perhaps those that need to complain about the settlement need to look at the real facts of the case and educate themselves. The government I'm sure didn't want to have to do this but the law in its current state is what it is.

Change the laws if you don't agree with them.

Either way the government does not support terrorism. Nuff said.

2 people like this post.
Chyren
Fledgling
 
Posts: 349
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 299 posts
Joined: Dec 30th, 2016, 9:45 pm

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Postby RVThereYet » Feb 8th, 2018, 11:03 am

Chyren wrote:Using that mentality then:

1) The government of Canada supports war.
2) The government of Canada supports killing soldiers.

.....and any other ridiculous things you can link. Perhaps those that need to complain about the settlement need to look at the real facts of the case and educate themselves. The government I'm sure didn't want to have to do this but the law in its current state is what it is.

Change the laws if you don't agree with them.

Either way the government does not support terrorism. Nuff said.


I agree with you 100%... but give it a while and you'll see a few on here telling you otherwise. Because you know, its the truth ... nuff said!
User avatar
RVThereYet
Board Meister
 
Posts: 429
Likes: 127 posts
Liked in: 299 posts
Joined: Nov 1st, 2011, 12:10 pm
Location: Mars


Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest