johnrae
Fledgling

JT and Sikh Terrorism

Post by johnrae »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: JT and Sikh Terrorism

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218284 it just proves he supports terrorism, on top of the fact he gave a known terrorist $10 million
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-218284-5-.htm#218284 it just proves he supports terrorism, on top of the fact he gave a known terrorist $10 million

Are you seriously saying the Prime Minister of Canada supports terrorism? :200:

Wow. Time to move to North Korea man where things are much better....

Get a grip.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yes i am, we did give a terrorist $10 million did we not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

So wait I'm a bit out of the loop on this thing;

We have an (at the time) 15 year old child soldier. He gets shot in a firefight with american soldiers (where an american soldier is shot and killed). The americans take him to guantanamo (an arguably terrible military prison) and spend about 10 years illegally (because they didn't officially charge him with anything) torturing him until he confess under duress (his claim, though after a decade of torture...). He's then deported to canada where our supreme court unanimously finds our intelligence officers complicit in his interrogation / torture. This action obligates our government to settle with Omar, though the conservative government seeing that as a large expense and pr disaster pushes it five years down the road.

Which brings us to now. We've paid this fella out because our intelligence officers broke our own laws. A lot of people see this as a simple black and white matter of giving a terrorist money. Others see it as a more complex issue involving child soldiers, years of torture, violation of international war laws.

Does that sound right?
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

that's too complicated and doesn't fit some poster's worldviews. It's much easier to just accept a black and white incorrect oversimplification that lets you cry about it in 1/3 threads on the forum.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so we all have to believe what your kind says as the truth now----no thanks
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

the truth wrote:so we all have to believe what your kind says as the truth now----no thanks

Kind? You mean people that deal in facts and evidence?
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I guess the Supreme Court of Canada is "Our kind"

I'd rather understand and comprehend the actual truth than the mostly ignorant opinions of someone who claims to be The Truth but never actually provides any.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

CapitalB wrote:So wait I'm a bit out of the loop on this thing;

We have an (at the time) 15 year old child soldier. He gets shot in a firefight with american soldiers (where an american soldier is shot and killed). The americans take him to guantanamo (an arguably terrible military prison) and spend about 10 years illegally (because they didn't officially charge him with anything) torturing him until he confess under duress (his claim, though after a decade of torture...). He's then deported to canada where our supreme court unanimously finds our intelligence officers complicit in his interrogation / torture. This action obligates our government to settle with Omar, though the conservative government seeing that as a large expense and pr disaster pushes it five years down the road.

Which brings us to now. We've paid this fella out because our intelligence officers broke our own laws. A lot of people see this as a simple black and white matter of giving a terrorist money. Others see it as a more complex issue involving child soldiers, years of torture, violation of international war laws.

Does that sound right?

That sounds about right! And, if during the last federal election the Conservatives (under Steven Harper) would have remained in government, they too would eventually have been ordered by the SCoC to settle this claim. I'm betting we then would not be reading any posts on here by some about how "Steven Harper supports terrorism". The Cons simply avoided having to deal with the Khadr issues by punting it down the road long enough and then eventually loosing the election and therefore not having to deal with this mess they helped create. Now they can sit there and beat the opposition drum on how the current Liberals are paying tax-payer -money to known terrorists.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

What does Khadr have to do with alleged sikh terrorism?

The Prime Minister of Canada NO MATTER WHAT POLITICAL LEANINGS is NOT a supporter of Terrorism. :swear:

Any other idea is ridiculous. Go back to your internet conspiracy theories....
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Omnitheo wrote:I guess the Supreme Court of Canada is "Our kind"

I'd rather understand and comprehend the actual truth than the mostly ignorant opinions of someone who claims to be The Truth but never actually provides any.

the supreme court of canada would never make a mistake [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Chyren wrote:What does Khadr have to do with alleged sikh terrorism?

The Prime Minister of Canada NO MATTER WHAT POLITICAL LEANINGS is NOT a supporter of Terrorism. :swear:

Any other idea is ridiculous. Go back to your internet conspiracy theories....

Khadr was brought into this discussion because some on here believe the $10 million settlement he was awarded by the SCoC is proof that the current PM supports terrorism (in general) Go figure...
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Using that mentality then:

1) The government of Canada supports war.
2) The government of Canada supports killing soldiers.

.....and any other ridiculous things you can link. Perhaps those that need to complain about the settlement need to look at the real facts of the case and educate themselves. The government I'm sure didn't want to have to do this but the law in its current state is what it is.

Change the laws if you don't agree with them.

Either way the government does not support terrorism. Nuff said.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Chyren wrote:Using that mentality then:

1) The government of Canada supports war.
2) The government of Canada supports killing soldiers.

.....and any other ridiculous things you can link. Perhaps those that need to complain about the settlement need to look at the real facts of the case and educate themselves. The government I'm sure didn't want to have to do this but the law in its current state is what it is.

Change the laws if you don't agree with them.

Either way the government does not support terrorism. Nuff said.

I agree with you 100%... but give it a while and you'll see a few on here telling you otherwise. Because you know, its the truth ... nuff said!

Return to “Canada”