TrudeauLiberals trying to stop sexual misconduct lawsuit

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

TrudeauLiberals trying to stop sexual misconduct lawsuit

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Feds trying to stop sexual misconduct lawsuit against Canadian Forces

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:00PM EST

The Trudeau government is trying to quash a class-action lawsuit that alleges rampant sexual misconduct and gender discrimination within the Canadian Armed Forces, CTV News has learned.

Plaintiffs in the case allege systemic sexual harassment, sexual assault and discrimination.

Veteran Amy Graham, one of the lead plaintiffs in the case, said the Liberal government’s attempts to stop the lawsuit contradicts Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s public support for victims of sexual misconduct.

In a recent speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Trudeau said he was "unequivocal" in his support for women who come forward with allegations.

“He was on the international stage coming across as a feminist, coming across as supporting women's rights, saying how courageous it was for these women to come out, and how difficult it was. And behind the scenes nobody knows that he's trying to dismiss our case,” Graham told CTV’s Mercedes Stephenson.

“I'm very disappointed -- actually disgusted is probably a more accurate term.”

The military has made extensive efforts to stamp out sexual misconduct. Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Jonathan Vance said last April that he planned to remove any military members found guilty of sexual misconduct. In 2017, more than two dozen service members were kicked out.

Despite those efforts, the federal government argued in court filings that it does not “owe a private law duty of care to individual members within the CAF to provide a safe and harassment-free work environment, or to create policies to prevent sexual harassment or sexual assault."

The Prime Minister’s Office would not comment on the lawsuit.

However, Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan insisted the government supports victims.

snip

Conservative Defence critic James Bezan says the prime minister’s words don’t match his government’s actions.

NDP MP Niki Ashton echoed similar criticism, calling the move “deeply hypocritical.”

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-tr ... -1.3792725
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Snman
Übergod

Re: TrudeauLiberals trying to stop sexual misconduct lawsuit

Post by Snman »

Scum. Trudeau is a self admiring wad of scum. Says what's needed to blow smoke up required azzes, then acts otherwise. Surely, I can't be the only one who sees through his transparency. The more I see, the more I dislike.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Gone Fishing got a hate on For Trudeau!!!!! If you did your homework, Trudeau is doing exactly opposite of what you accuse him of. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/trudeau-orders-review-of-justice-department-response-to-military-sex-misconduct-lawsuit/article37891328/
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

However, after Trudeau's intervention Wednesday, Wilson-Raybould raised the idea of taking a less adversarial approach and reaching an out-of-court settlement.

Earlier in the day, Trudeau said the lawyers' arguments were "of concern to me, and I've asked (Wilson-Raybould) to follow up with the lawyers to make sure that we argue things that are consistent with this government's philosophy.

"Obviously the lawyers' argument does not align with my beliefs or what this government believes."

Trudeau did not say exactly which arguments were of concern, and his office refused to provide further information.

Right from the article. Yup, sounds like Trudeau is trying to reign in the federal lawyers.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”