thou shalt not kill

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: thou shalt not kill

Post by Fancy »

Money doesn't make one okay. A shooting doesn't go away and I suspect he will be suffering himself for some time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

coffeeFreak wrote:I think "poor" Gerald Stanley is going to be okay, as his Go Fund Me account has raised $194,675 of $200,000 goal in only six days!

There is also one for Colton Boushie family that is at $174,523 of $180,000 and that has taken 5 months.

In Saskatchewan every ticket given and Criminal matter, there is a Victims' of Crime surcharge on all fines. I wonder if he applied if they would award him anything, I feel he should attempt to.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Fancy wrote:Money doesn't make one okay. A shooting doesn't go away and I suspect he will be suffering himself for some time.

You are correct he will question himself for life, as anyone would. Weather it was as he stated a accident or not intentional. He will play that day over and over, it is a life sentence to him I'm sure.
Attachments
27973197_341047589714583_4547028255480702929_n.jpg
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Chyren wrote:As for the stupid comments from the "possible" RCMP officer if its true then I, as someone who considers himself very pro-police, feel he should be fired. ZERO room for garbage like that.

Sure if talk to any RCMP officer< off the record > that works any were near a FN rez sure they would tell you stories that would turn your eyebrows inside out on the going on's with the crime that goes on . Just to bad that the main stream media would run a few reports on it .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

This is a sidebar question, perhaps one of you could answer.

In the meme above, whose face is that in the portrait hanging on the wall?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Arar.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Catsumi wrote:This is a sidebar question, perhaps one of you could answer.

In the meme above, whose face is that in the portrait hanging on the wall?

Looks like Justin's long lost Mennonite brother. Maggie, what have you been up to?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I never envisioned this thread getting as many hits as it has. I knew it would be interesting but not to this degree.

Racism is the elephant in the room no one wants to address, not out loud anyhow, for fear of being labelled, well, a racist but it is very real and it happens everyday.

Indigenous people in Canada are treated differently than others for lots of reasons and I don't purport to know them all but I do know some.

There is a pervasive attitude amongst Canadians that enough is enough when it comes to making up for past wrongs involving the indigenous population. The gravy train must stop is a common rallying cry and it gets louder every day.

MAybe yes, maybe no. I am not sure but because it is such a contentious issue, I have spent some time looking into what has been paid out, when and what for and while the money itself is considerable, what I don't know is "is it enough"?

I sometimes squawk when I hear about natives behaving badly; blockading roads or abusing the tax system, abusing their own people or trying to make us all feel as though we are evil people whose sole intent is to crush the identity of all natives in this country so we don't have to listen to them anymore.

There is nothing unique about this behavior because it exists in other segments of our society so we are used to hearing it. Unions beaking off about how underpriviledged they are. Teachers and health care professionals are overworked and underpaid. Athletes not making enough money because the team owners are greedy.

What all of this has in common is that is seems to be human nature to act out when we believe that we are being treated unfairly. Nothing new here.

As with all groups, it is a small minority that seems to carry big voices. The news covers it and we react to what we hear and then we judge because that is also human nature.

When groups of people choose to stand up and be heard, they make themselves targets. Right now, the focus is on the obviously poor parenting skills of Colten Boushies family and their loud protests over what they perceive to be injustice. Please people, TIC.

Colten could not have been a good person becasue A) he was native and B) his facebook page talks about doing bad things but one thing is for sure, he was barely not a kid anymore and he used very poor judgement (to the extent that he was able to use any judgement at all given his level of intoxication) and now he is dead.

I was angry with him. I thought that he got what he deserved and I would have felt the same had it been any other ethnic group but the truth is, no one deserves what ultimately has come to pass here. One dead young adult, one farmer who will have to live with the outcome the rest of his life, two families who will forever be affected by the outcome and whose lives have changed forever.

Who deserves that?

Stupidity and bad choices know no barriers. Every culture has it's group of people who will do exactly what this group of natives did on the day that Colten Boushie died.

That there are individuals within the native population who, no matter how much opportunity may be offered to them or available to them seem hell bent on destroying their lives by doing stupid things is not in question but again, there is no racial barrier here that is special. Us white folk have some pretty ugly skeletons in our collective closets too.

Before some of you indignantly ask me exactly what advantages I am referring too, please understand that I have worked with many of our local indigenous population over the years and the stories that I have heard about these self same opportunities and how very few take advantage of them come from within the groups themselves.

You don't have to tell a First Nations person that there are some very unsavory characters walking amongst them, they know that. They don't like it either. Just like we don't like that there are so many dumbasss whiteys hell bent on death and destruction either. Like I said, we all have them.

Racism absolutely played a part in this tragedy. But not in the outcome. I believe that the jury did what they were instructed to do and based on the evidence, they arrived at the only verdict that they could.

I can't expect that the family will like it or ever accept it. To them, the outcome was a foregone conclusion, they are natives afterall. That's how they see it and I understand why they see it that way.

Doesn't change anything at all. Colten is still dead. Whites are still the enemy and there is no justice. Not if you were brought up to beleive that this is the way it is.

Trudeau owes the justice system an apology because when he said that the system needs an overhaul in order for natives to get justice, he is admitting that he believes that this was indeed a racial issue and that the sytem cannot operate without prejudice and I don't believe that is the case at all, not here anyhow.

However, this is something that he should have kept to himself.

The flames can consider themselves fanned.

The debate doesn't end here. Nor does it begin. It merely contunues.

Those who don't like native people will continue down that road and natives who don't trust or like white folk will do the same.

It isn't an easy fix and I'm not even sure if it is fixable but I wish that it were.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^^^^"Trudeau owes the justice system an apology because when he said that the system needs an overhaul in order for natives to get justice, he is admitting that he believes that this was indeed a racial issue and that the sytem cannot operate without prejudice and I don't believe that is the case at all, not here anyhow.

However, this is something that he should have kept to himself. "

---------------

JT does NOT apologize to Canadians.

However, if you've engaged in crimes and misdemeanours elsewhere....well....apologies and cash
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Remember when the guy broke into JTs house. Before he was pm. Then he got secret service detail . Geez u would think Trudeau would have defended his family. Maybe thats why he is upset. His own lack of action when seconds count.
Had JT been a bit more manly. He might be known for taking out an intruder .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Or challenged him to a dance off. About the only thing JT has said that I agree with.
All these Billy Jack types doing their best " finish him" voice.
We all should have a soapstone carving, ala the former PM
https://canadianprimeministers.wordpres ... residence/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Ken7 wrote:This is a interesting take, as Stanley was originally a Victim of Crime wonder why Trudeau has not met with him and discussed how the future for farmers and their safety can be improved.

Yes very strange indeed that Justin has seemed to forget about that part of the story .
But then again that wouldn't fit into his agenda . :cuss:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

that's because the farmer is white
Last edited by the truth on Feb 19th, 2018, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

the truth wrote:that because the farmer is white

And it would help him get a Noble Peace prize from the UN :swear:
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Trudeau's meddling in this case is wrong on all levels. Political opportunism at it's worst, and the fact that he is showing more and more that he is a buffoon, will not diminish the damage that he has done to our judiciary, nor the insult he has committed against the jury. The way Trudeau and our Canadian media has blindly accused the court and the jury of racism is disgusting. When our mainstream media emulate the actions of their American counterparts is a sad day for Canada and maybe signals the devaluation of the press as the watchdog of our democracy.

Return to “Canada”