thou shalt not kill

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: thou shalt not kill

Post by Ka-El »

Brass Monkey wrote: Ignorant is telling FN people they have no right to harbor resentment when FN people were left to die in the most desolate conditions. Maybe after I bury the last residential school survivors in my family I will be less hung up on colonial history.

Agreed, but there will always be people who have no interest in knowing the truth, people who will reveal their ignorance by trying to suggest this is all ancient history and ignore all the information that is already easily available. Some people just cannot understand that knowing truth requires the acquisition of at least some knowledge, but their children will know more.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Brass Monkey wrote:I never said there weren’t FN people selected for the jury, I said there’s no way of knowing.

Tootoosis spoke of it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

^^^ You mean like, move all FN to NFLD, move all the non-FN in NFLD here, and call it even. Declare NFLD a FN country and let them handle everything themselves while we have a trading partner relationship only?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Red Pheasant has been in the news for quite a few issues, such as vote buying. Legal fees have starved this band due to leader corruption.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/appeal-of-red-pheasant-band-election-still-before-the-courts-more-than-a-year-later

You also have the band chief who is on probation for drinking and driving, driving while suspended, etc. An inspiring leader. The previous 4 leaders were charged with corruption.

You’d think the band would have bigger issues.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

oldtrucker wrote:Alacazam! Oldtrucker is FN and the Canadian FN leader. The way I see it ,I have 250,000 ground troops and another 150,000 volunteers on standby. We,just brassmonkey and oldtrucker, walk up the steps of Parliament with the terms of the Canadian governments surrender. Terms are met or my 250,000 troops begin the very forceful retaking of the land.
Trust me, with 250,000 troops, all terms would be met.

I have to say I've heard that BC alone is short by 15% of the land claims the Indiginous have put their stakes upon. IF this is correct and all the other provinces are alike, how will that work out?

I'm in favor of turning Canada back over to the Indiginous it was your land. What will you propose to do with all of us settlers who made Canada what it is today? I need housing, food, clothing and a new truck every two years.

Let me know where I sign up! Thanks.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

removed.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Hand Canada over. Stop all progress. Watch Canada deteriorate as we all become backwards and tribal. Canada turns into a third world sh**hole country like Afghanistan. Nasty foreigners worse than settlers who do not believe in any human rights or anything virtuous move in and roost. They wipe out everyone without giving a crap about any other race
It is inevitable that a country this size will fill up with settlers. Be thankful the country was colonized and not sterilized.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

:topic:
With all the news reports centering around Stanley, what happened to the other offenders? Were any of them charged or held accountable for damages and the assault? And that was by their own omissions.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Old Trucker and Brass Monkey - I like the turn you 2 have taken this thread, I think it merits it's own thread.
We need another Saul Alinsky type :/
At one of my jobs we spoke about the issues you have raised ( FN Organization). I was proud and pleased at how far my co workers had come given their experiences.
One of my dear friends at least received an " apology".. interesting story if anyone wants to read it
http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/naig/topstor ... -1.4213436
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I agree - another thread would be appropriate.

A jury acquitted Stanley of second-degree murder in Boushie’s death earlier this month and a GoFundMe campaign to assist Stanley’s family has raised more than $200,000.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4034010/inte ... undraiser/

Gerald Stanley is not profiting from a crime. He is also a victim of circumstances.

The GoFundMe campaign for the Stanley family says the money raised will help them “recoup some of their lost time, property and vehicles that were damaged, harvest income, and sanity during this entire difficult situation.”

Hollis noted the campaign does not violate the crowdfunding site’s rules.

“Given the jury verdict, the fundraising campaign does not violate our terms of service,” Hollis said.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The tragic reality is that Indigenous Canadians are disproportionately represented as both victims and perpetrators of crimes in Canada. But when it comes to homicide, Indigenous Canadians are largely not being killed by non-Indigenous Canadians.

In its 2016 report on homicide, Statistics Canada reports that of 611 murder victims, 142, or 23 per cent, were Indigenous. Of the 303 persons accused of homicide, 169 — or 56 per cent — were Indigenous.

When we consider that 87 per cent of Indigenous homicide victims knew their killer (versus 81 per cent of non-Indigenous victims), it becomes clear that the vast majority of murders of Indigenous persons are committed by other Indigenous persons, particularly in reserve communities.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

normaM wrote:Old Trucker and Brass Monkey - I like the turn you 2 have taken this thread, I think it merits it's own thread.

Agreed. Maybe we also could discuss just exactly what racism is. The definitions, including stereotyping and overgeneralization, are actually pretty straightforward (junior high school students have no trouble grasping the concepts) but sadly, it does seem to elude some of the "adults" on this board. I'm surprised by what is seemingly allowed here.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If you have a problem with what is posted, contact a moderator.

The fall out is out of control with demands that gofundme pages be removed and suggestions that people's businesses be boycotted.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Not sure it is " out of control".. people seem to think they are invisible on the Net
Meanwhile I agree most likely a fine
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.4538790
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Miranda Dyck said she received telephone and Twitter threats after posting information about people who donated to Stanley’s GoFundMe page.

Oh it's out of control alright.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... fundraiser

Return to “Canada”