thou shalt not kill

Veovis
Guru

Re: thou shalt not kill

Post by Veovis »

Brass Monkey wrote:I don’t believe it cause they’re white, I believe it cause the Canadian judicial system has a 150 year history of blatantly disregarding FN rights in court. The number of court cases unfairly waged against FN people far outnumbers the vice versa.

The justice system didn't determine the verdict. 12 people did.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.4504633

750 people called, you can be certain there were all ethnicity present. From your responses as well you can also be certain many came in with the same attitude that it was about skin colour, and would have been quickly bounced, just like racists white guys making it clear they will say not guilty no matter what were bounce.

12 of 750 is a lot of people to go through.
Last edited by Veovis on Feb 20th, 2018, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Brass Monkey wrote:Couldn’t tell you, I’m not sure there’s anything to say any FN people were selected in the first place.

Read this:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e37957170/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Brass Monkey wrote:So you believe 12 jurors who were carefully screened by the defence and prosecution, heard all the evidence, saw all the exhibits and were instructed by the judge as to how to reach a fair decision and then unanimously agreed to acquit Stanley because the he was white?

Twelve jurors were ALL swayed by the fact Stanley was white and 12 jurors were willing to spend the rest of their lives living with themselves knowing they set him free because he was some white farmer they never met before?

Not one in 12 considered him guilty and if even one had it would have resulted in a mistrial which it didn't. You seem desperate and determined to make this a race issue which goes against all the jury's logic. Too much emotion.

Every jury ever selected to hand down a verdict to FN people has always been selected and screened by the government/court, yet the Canadian judicial system still has an abhorrent history of disregarding FN rights in court. It was made a race issue when the RCMP followed up the incident by ransacking Colten’s parents home, it became a race issue when the media plastered Colten as a violent drunken native.[/quote]

Good of you to quote me and then wander all over the map with some reply totally irrelevant to what I said. What happened before or after the fact has nothing to do with the jury acquitting the farmer because he was white or the jury was white.

You see, this is the problem, you're living in the past which you're not old enough to have experienced yet have been indoctrinated to believe every that aspect of the past has been one big racist event that permits you to pull that card whenever it suits you. If you believe everything and everyone unlike you in this world is out to persecute you then be ready to feel persecuted and whine forever. Just stop blaming everyone who doesn't treat you exactly as you feel entitled to be. You are, without a doubt your own worst enemy.

By the way, if you are going to quote me try to do it right. It only adds confusion to your already displaced and mistaken replies.
Someone has to say it.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Couldn’t tell you, I’m not sure there’s anything to say any FN people were selected in the first place.

Here is a prime example of you being on these pages crying about how wrong the world hand continues to treat natives yet you aren't even aware of the processes involved or details of the situation. How can you possibly form a respected opinion when , by your own admission , you don't know what you're talking about? There are other examples of you putting misinformation forward however I can't be bothered to bring them forward. You believe what you have been told to believe.
Someone has to say it.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Good of you to quote me and then wander all over the map with some reply totally irrelevant to what I said. What happened before or after the fact has nothing to do with the jury acquitting the farmer because he was white or the jury was white.

You see, this is the problem, you're living in the past which you're not old enough to have experienced yet have been indoctrinated to believe every that aspect of the past has been one big racist event that permits you to pull that card whenever it suits you. If you believe everything and everyone unlike you in this world is out to persecute you then be ready to feel persecuted and whine forever. Just stop blaming everyone who doesn't treat you exactly as you feel entitled to be. You are, without a doubt your own worst enemy.[/quote]

I haven’t been indoctrinated. My own grandmother fought the infamous Derickson vs Derickson case to win back 1/2 of the Indian land her non-native husband took through divorce because s20 of the Indian act states no Indian can own land without certification from the minister of Indian affairs. Because my grandmother won this case all of the women in my families right to land was reinstated. I descend from a family that fought like hell to get table scraps for rights. Maybe if you witnessed first hand the effects of colonial era policies on your family you would be more motivated to dismantle the system that keeps us down. Just be grateful you’re fortunate enough to not share blood with one of the most atrociously treated demographics.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Here is a prime example of you being on these pages crying about how wrong the world hand continues to treat natives yet you aren't even aware of the processes involved or details of the situation. How can you possibly form a respected opinion when , by your own admission , you don't know what you're talking about? There are other examples of you putting misinformation forward however I can't be bothered to bring them forward. You believe what you have been told to believe.[/quote]

I never said there weren’t FN people selected for the jury, I said there’s no way of knowing.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic: :-X Stop making this personal.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Brass Monkey wrote:I never said there weren’t FN people selected for the jury, I said there’s no way of knowing.

The information released by the media seems to indicate there were FN people that attended. I suppose there's no way of knowing if any white person on the jury had status either when they were selected.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

oldtrucker wrote:'brassmonkey'- and other FN...Something to consider...and ya I'm gonna get flak for posting this. You are right the living conditions for FN, especially northern, is terrible,and no,it is not present FN fault for the way things are. Things will not get better for FN...unless some FN leader realises the following.....
All FN, if, on the same page, could take a huge area of land back by force if desired. You outnumber all Canadian Armed Forces and police forces by a factor of 7 to 1. If I were FN,I would have done my best to organise FN ground forces to take back what is rightfully my peoples land. Even in 2018 ,it's not too late to do that. But that's just me.
I don't think things will improve for your people-too much damage has been done. You need your own country, with oilfields, a deep water port, farmland, coastal areas and everything else a self determining nation has to have. Perhaps it's time to split this country up and build a new nation which would create employment for both nations for the next 50 years,as well as having best friend trading partners.
I am not FN. I'm white and even I want you to have what is rightfully yours.

This is something that is in the back of every FNs head, an NDN revolution. It will never happen. Our people are so disorganized and in such disarray that it would be a joke and an embarrassment. And if natives took up arms there would be a huge movement of civilian Canadians also taking up arms against the natives. The playing field was level when we had environmental understanding and the brits have guns, but now natives have no environmental understanding and the Canadians still have guns. I will never take up arms to take land from Canadians but I’ll always take up arms to defend the land I have left, just like the mohawks at OKA. I wholeheartedly believe the world will end before Canada ever resolves it’s dealings with FN people anyways
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

oldtrucker wrote:You are wrong.
TAKE IT BACK. Don't tell me it can't be done. Do you know how many white people would join forces with you just out of principle? You would have volunteers from other countries lining up to fight by your side.

You’re right, I forgot about the pictures I witnessed of several people in Europe and the Middle East that took pictures holding “we stand with DAPL” banners. 2000 US veterans bussed to standing rock to protest alongside those natives. I commonly forget that a lot of my fellow countrymen do indeed sympathize with us.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Brass Monkey wrote: I commonly forget that a lot of my fellow countrymen do indeed sympathize with us.

Agreed, but they won't for long if you resort to violence. I can appreciate your frustration, but would suggest you allow the political process to take its course. There is a whole generation of students coming along that are going to be far more educated in First Nations issues than what you see from the ignorance you often see displayed here, and I know in the region I was living in before (and will soon be returning to), the rates of graduation amongst First Nations has increased dramatically. It is our youth, from all races, that are going to set the course for our future. Change is coming.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ka-El wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote: I commonly forget that a lot of my fellow countrymen do indeed sympathize with us.

Agreed, but they won't for long if you resort to violence. I can appreciate your frustration, but would suggest you allow the political process to take its course. There is a whole generation of students coming along that are going to be far more educated in First Nations issues than what you see from the ignorance you often see displayed here, and I know in the region I was living in before (and will soon be returning to), the rates of graduation amongst First Nations has increased dramatically. It is our youth, from all races, that are going to set the course for our future. Change is coming.

Sometimes diplomatic solutions just aren’t a viable option, the Americans tell us they have a god given right to defend against a tyrannical government with guns, makes a lot of sense. I am getting my civil engineering diploma as we speak, It does not mean I’ll surrender my anti-colonial mentality. A diplomatic solution would’ve meant those Mohawks at OKA would’ve lost. Peace is ideal, liberty is above all else. Maybe with the NDPs inclusion of indigenous studies into standard curriculum we will see a new generation of different thinkers.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

oldtrucker wrote:Alacazam! Oldtrucker is FN and the Canadian FN leader. The way I see it ,I have 250,000 ground troops and another 150,000 volunteers on standby. We,just brassmonkey and oldtrucker, walk up the steps of Parliament with the terms of the Canadian governments surrender. Terms are met or my 250,000 troops begin the very forceful retaking of the land.
Trust me, with 250,000 troops, all terms would be met.

Sounds like a plot to a great movie I wish I could live out, If it ever comes down to that I hope to find you on those steps.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sometimes diplomatic solutions just aren’t a viable option, the Americans tell us they have a god given right to defend against a tyrannical government with guns, makes a lot of sense.

Only if you want to live in a hate-inspired country full of people ready to start shooting at each other. Patience my friend. The ignorant attitudes you see displayed here on these boards will be replaced by a new generation, and adults still capable of learning will learn from their children. Acts of violence will only turn those who would support your cause against you.

Brass Monkey wrote: Maybe with the NDPs inclusion of indigenous studies into standard curriculum we will see a new generation of different thinkers.

That is the hope, and there is good reason to believe that will be the case - but we should give credit to the previous government that started the ball rolling on this. It will be up to this government to follow through.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ka-El wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote: Sometimes diplomatic solutions just aren’t a viable option, the Americans tell us they have a god given right to defend against a tyrannical government with guns, makes a lot of sense.

Only if you want to live in a hate-inspired country full of people ready to start shooting at each other. Patience my friend. The ignorant attitudes you see displayed here on these boards will be replaced by a new generation, and adults still capable of learning will learn from their children. Acts of violence will only turn those who would support your cause against you.

Brass Monkey wrote: Maybe with the NDPs inclusion of indigenous studies into standard curriculum we will see a new generation of different thinkers.

That is the hope, and there is good reason to believe that will be the case - but we should give credit to the previous government that started the ball rolling on this. It will be up to this government to follow through.

Ignorant is telling FN people they have no right to harbor resentment when FN people were left to die in the most desolate conditions. Maybe after I bury the last residential school survivors in my family I will be less hung up on colonial history. I plan to hang my college diploma next to my picture of the infamous stare down at Oka, getting educated doesn’t mean being complicit.

Return to “Canada”