thou shalt not kill

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: thou shalt not kill

Post by the truth »

alanjh595 wrote:The tragic reality is that Indigenous Canadians are disproportionately represented as both victims and perpetrators of crimes in Canada. But when it comes to homicide, Indigenous Canadians are largely not being killed by non-Indigenous Canadians.

In its 2016 report on homicide, Statistics Canada reports that of 611 murder victims, 142, or 23 per cent, were Indigenous. Of the 303 persons accused of homicide, 169 — or 56 per cent — were Indigenous.

When we consider that 87 per cent of Indigenous homicide victims knew their killer (versus 81 per cent of non-Indigenous victims), it becomes clear that the vast majority of murders of Indigenous persons are committed by other Indigenous persons, particularly in reserve communities.

exactly, but some on here will come and twist the facts about it being more white on native crime instead of native on native crime
lets be honest here the other 4 drunk punks should be charged with many crimes for what they did -question so why not,fact because they are native
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... cle535585/
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

She posted public info... I agree with the person who said why the gofundme page if there isn't a targeted amt ie paying defense.
Perhaps ppl will think carefully before they post on SM accounts. Doubtful tho.
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

normaM wrote:She posted public info... I agree with the person who said why the gofundme page if there isn't a targeted amt ie paying defense.
Perhaps ppl will think carefully before they post on SM accounts. Doubtful tho.

And that public information wouldn't normally be used to besmirch others in day to day living. As far as the gofundme page of Stanley - why not? He's out of pocket substantially and his situation has not ended.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote: ..., but some on here will come and twist the facts about it being more white on native crime instead of native on native crime

:135: Can you show us even one example of someone suggesting that?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Fancy wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:I never said there weren’t FN people selected for the jury, I said there’s no way of knowing.

The information released by the media seems to indicate there were FN people that attended. I suppose there's no way of knowing if any white person on the jury had status either when they were selected.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.4504633

There have been multiple reports from people stating that the vast majority of "native sounding names" called during the jury selection resulted in no shows.

The small percentage of First Nations people actually there were often overheard talking in a biased manner and were struck from the list as they were caught talking about "hanging" Stanley and other comments referring to his guilt.

This led to a tiny tiny amount of FN people actually getting into the final selection process and they were probably struck by the lawyers.

I can't recall where I read it, but a few days ago I read a report that said only something like 4% of First Nations people summoned for Jury Duty actually show up. And the problem is so huge and has been going on for so long, the courts don't even do anything about the massive amounts of no shows.

It's easy to complain that the system is biased, but if you don't actually show up to do your duty, how can you complain?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Veovis posted that link earlier and seems to have been ignored. Here's another one that supports your view:

As the prospective jury describes, some of the remaining 45 or so were vocal in expressing their bias and signalling to everyone in the room they were unfit to serve on the jury.

“You could audibly hear some of them talking amongst themselves, discussing how they were going to hang Stanley, or they were going to make sure he gets hung, or that if they don’t get the results they want, that they were going to handle it themselves,” the person said of the Aboriginal people who remained. This account comes from one individual who spoke with the Sun, and has not yet been corroborated by other witnesses.

http://torontosun.com/news/national/mal ... -jury-pool

The Crown didn't complain and that says something.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Wow.
Over a couple of days I have managed to get through all them pages of posts. :130:

For me, this boils down to drunk young people doing stupid things (haven't we all been there?) and a young man losing his life due to another man's reckless and criminal handling of a firearm.

Gerald Stanley should be (at the minimum) charged with several weapons offences along with manslaughter. He should go to prison for what he did.

I don't believe Gerald Stanley meant to kill Mr. Boushie that day. I do believe Mr. Stanley broke several laws and this culminated in a young man losing his life.

Everything else is just noise IMO.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Leifer wrote:For me, this boils down to drunk young people doing stupid things (haven't we all been there?) and a young man losing his life due to another man's reckless and criminal handling of a firearm.

Gerald Stanley should be (at the minimum) charged with several weapons offences along with manslaughter. He should go to prison for what he did.

I don't believe Gerald Stanley meant to kill Mr. Boushie that day. I do believe Mr. Stanley broke several laws and this culminated in a young man losing his life.

Everything else is just noise IMO.
First off, alledgely trying to steal and damaging property isn't something that everyone has done so, no, we haven't all been there. Secondly, Gerald Stanley was charged and was acquitted so the jury does not agree with you that he should go to prison. Thirdly, Stanley is facing further charges.

The legal troubles of Gerald Stanley, the Saskatchewan farmer acquitted in the shooting death of Colten Boushie, are slated to carry over into provincial court next month.

Stanley, 56, still faces two charges of improperly storing firearms on his Biggar, Sask.-area farm where Boushie was killed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.4538790
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

First off, stealing and damaging property isn't something that everyone has done so, no, we haven't all been there.

Fair enough.
The thieving part is pretty hard to identify with....but I was young and dumb one time. Took out a section of a farmers fence with my stupidity. Apologized and helped pay for and fix the fence. That farmer was still pretty *bleep* afterwards (can't say I blame him). Said he would give me a couple of shells worth of rock salt if I ever appeared on his property again. :D
Secondly, Gerald Stanley was charged and was acquitted so the jury does not agree with you that he should go to prison.

He admitted to pointing a firearm at another man during this scuffle. The gun went off and killed that man. It was unintentional...but based on what I have read about the incident....it was Manslaughter IMO.
Thirdly, Stanley is facing further charges.

Good to hear.
Hopefully no one else will have to die from this mans actions.

2)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Leifer wrote:He admitted to pointing a firearm at another man during this scuffle.

Please post that link as it contradicts what's been said before.

“I was reaching in and across the steering wheel to turn the key off and – boom – this thing just went off,” Stanley testified.

“Was your finger on the trigger?” his lawyer, Scott Spencer, asked.

“No,” Stanley answered.

“Did you intend to hurt anyone?” Spencer asked. “No. I just wanted them to leave,” Stanley said. “I couldn’t believe what just happened and everything seemed to just go silent. I just backed away.”
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Leifer wrote:..it was Manslaughter IMO.
Again, the jury heard the evidence and decided otherwise. There is no reason to expect another hangfire so why you would think anyone would die at Stanley's hand is a mystery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_ ... Background
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Ka-El wrote:
the truth wrote: ..., but some on here will come and twist the facts about it being more white on native crime instead of native on native crime

:135: Can you show us even one example of someone suggesting that?

your in between the line comments,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

“I was reaching in and across the steering wheel to turn the key off and – boom – this thing just went off,” Stanley testified.

“Was your finger on the trigger?” his lawyer, Scott Spencer, asked.

“No,” Stanley answered.

“Did you intend to hurt anyone?” Spencer asked. “No. I just wanted them to leave,” Stanley said. “I couldn’t believe what just happened and everything seemed to just go silent. I just backed away.”

A couple of things.

1) Again I repeat....I do not believe Stanley intended to shoot and kill Boushie.

2) Stanley walked up to the vehicle with a loaded pistol in his hand and that pistol discharged. The bullet struck Colton in the head and killed him. So...the pistol was pointed at Colton when it went off. The pistol was being held by Stanley when it went off. The bullet that killed Colton was loaded into the pistol by Stanley.

That looks like Manslaughter to me.

Manslaughter

The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

2)
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Crown didn't complain and that says something.[/quote]

An RCMP officer is being investigated for leaving a FB comment saying Colten deserved to be shot. How are we to believe the RCMP who handled this case don’t carry the same mentality? Did the RCMP that ransacked Colten’s parents house carry that method of thinking?
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Jlabute wrote:Hand Canada over. Stop all progress. Watch Canada deteriorate as we all become backwards and tribal. Canada turns into a third world sh**hole country like Afghanistan. Nasty foreigners worse than settlers who do not believe in any human rights or anything virtuous move in and roost. They wipe out everyone without giving a crap about any other race
It is inevitable that a country this size will fill up with settlers. Be thankful the country was colonized and not sterilized.

Natives have been living in 3rd world conditions for centuries. You’re terrified of being treated the same way Canada has treated FN people.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald

Return to “Canada”