thou shalt not kill

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Re: thou shalt not kill

Post by Brass Monkey »

countmeout wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/250652/Teen-attacked-killed

Well, really sad news. Someone breaks into this home and kills the young boy inside. Looks like all he did was phone to police but by the time the police arrived he was so badly hurt he passed away.

Had this been flipped and the boy shot the intruder, he'd be alive but with Canada's laws probably in jail. I've tried to explain this before in another thread and was met with great opposition that shooting because someone is in your home is unacceptable. I'll hold my opinion that anyone who enters my home illegally will be met with great force. Let's all agree that we should be preaching self defence which involves a phone call to the RCMP after you are safe, not calling and hoping they get there in time.

In this case of the attacker showing intent to cause grievous harm he probably would have been justified in using lethal force.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The police thought so - the attacker was shot.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

No, if the kid used lethal force and didn't have a scratch on him it's too hard to prove the correct force was used. It would read like the ex military guy who shot the intruder at his home. Once the up close altercation breaks out the victim can be beat to death, choked, whatever, overpowered by trespasser and at that point its too late.

Like seriously a theif could break into a home and the homeowner grabs a gun. How close does the theif need to get before the force is warranted? My guess is you better be bleeding when the cops show up or it will be deemed excessive.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You're still forgetting there was another person in the house.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

Fancy wrote:You're still forgetting there was another person in the house.

Ok? :135: enlighten me?

Return to “Canada”