Trudeau scaring off investment and jobs

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau scaring off investment and jobs

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Jordan Kent:

Today, Suncor (a Canadian energy company) announced that it will not roll out any new projects in Canada due to “burdensome regulations and uncompetitive tax rates.”

This is all thanks to the new burdensome environmental regulations and high taxes that Justin Trudeau and the Liberals are forcing on you the taxpayer and companies across the country.

I’m not kidding about that statement.

In fact, Suncor Energy Inc.’s President and CEO Steve Williams said: “We’re having to look at Canada quite hard. The cumulative impact of regulation and higher taxation than other jurisdictions is making Canada a more difficult jurisdiction to allocate capital in.”

This despite the fact that Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr’s promise that “investors, companies and all Canadians can have confidence that good projects will be approved in a timely manner and held to the highest standard.”

The Trudeau Liberals are determined to destroy the economy in this country. I think it is absolutely shameful to see this happening in our country. Canada should be working towards becoming energy independent and fostering an economy that creates the conditions for job growth.

Suncor’s billion dollar projects that they wanted to bring to Canada will likely move to the United States seeing as how the new tax cuts implemented by President Donald J. Trump take effect.

Background story here: http://business.financialpost.com/commo ... p-its-game
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Trudeau scaring off investment and jobs

Post by Omnitheo »

Despite an above average post-seasonal job loss, Canada continues to demonstrate strong job growth since Trudeau took office, so I’d say your headline is false. More accurate would be “billion dollar oil company wants even higher profits at the expense of Canada so threatens Canadian jobs to make a political statement”

If a company can’t abide by environmental protection regulations we have in Canada, and would rather go to the US. I say let them go pollute that country. Other companies will still see opportunity in Canada who are able to operate responsibly.

It’s like if you’re having a party and you tell someone “ok you can come over but you can’t smoke inside, and you can’t trash the place like last time”
“Well fine then! I’ll just go to Donny’s party instead. He lets me make all the mess I want”
“Ok go ahead”

Probably better for the rest of your guests anyways.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

^^^ I guess some just don't get it.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

More like "okay, you can come over but bring cash, and lots of it, cuz I have all these environuts in my yard demanding that I send my sewage to the sewage treatment plant via rail, as opposed to the perfectly safe underground piping system that already exists and has been proven safe for years."
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Omnitheo wrote:Probably better for the rest of your guests anyways.

What good is it when you don't have any guests anymore?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”