NDP's "Mr. Tickles" apologizes to female staffers

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

NDP's "Mr. Tickles" apologizes to female staffers

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Disgusting that the NDP knew about this guy for years, and did nothing.

Former Manitoba finance minister Stan Struthers has issued an apology after five women, including a former cabinet colleague, came forward to CBC News with allegations of unwanted touching — behaviour they say went on for years despite complaints to NDP brass.

CBC has learned party officials received at least three complaints about Struthers's tickling and harassment between 2010 and 2015.

One of those complainants was Joëlle Saltel-Allard, Struthers's former press secretary. She said her boss's behaviour was well-known among staff, who nicknamed him "Minister Tickles" behind his back.

"If he would see me coming down the hall, he would come and start tickling me, or in his office, around staff, around his assistant, so it would happen quite frequently and it continued for a long time," she said.

Karen Peters, a community activist, says she lost count how many times Struthers tickled her when she served alongside him on the Manitoba Round Table for Sustainable Development when he was conservation minister from 2003 to 2009.

"It's about power, being tickled," Peters said. "It comes into your personal space and it ignores your validity as a person to control your personal space — your agency."

The Manitoba NDP cannot confirm there was ever a formal investigation into Struthers, who left politics in 2016. He was never formally disciplined.

More than a dozen former staffers, stakeholders and other MLAs told CBC that Struthers's touching was an open secret within the party during his time in office.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4525575
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: NDP's "Mr. Tickles" apologizes to female staffers

Post by Queen K »

Agreed. Totally sad. And what is sadder? That no one clocked him a good one.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, true. Have it seep out to unwilling victims. And it is being victimized.
Last edited by Queen K on Feb 13th, 2018, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

:topic:

WINNIPEG - Manitoba NDP Leader Wab Kinew is asking former premier Greg Selinger to resign his legislature seat so the party can move on from allegations that a longtime former cabinet minister tickled and groped female employees.

Selinger apologized Tuesday following harassment allegations by numerous women against Stan Struthers, an NDP cabinet minister from 2003 to 2014. The women said Struthers touched them in front of others, but Selinger said he never witnessed any inappropriate behaviour.

"Our government and political party failed them," Selinger said. "Too many suffered in silence for too long. I want to apologize so that the voices of these women can be heard."

Selinger said allegations that have come to light made him sick and he wishes more had been done under his watch.
"I wish that these incidents of sexual harassment were brought to my attention. The grotesque incidents that have been brought to light during the past few days happened under my watch," he said.

"As such, I must take responsibility for our inaction in addressing these incidents."

Kinew said that means Selinger should resign.

"It's not about punishment. It's not about discipline or holding him accountable. It's really more about turning the page," Kinew said. "I think it's time for him to go."

Kinew himself has faced allegations of domestic violence, which he has denied. He has said he is an "imperfect ally."
"I don't want this to become a witch hunt or a purge," Kinew said.

Selinger said he's open to an "exit strategy," but will decide that in consultation with his constituents.
Shannon VanRaes, who worked with Struthers, said last week she was on a flight with him in 2010 when he asked if she liked being tickled.

VanRaes said she told him no, but she said Struthers put his hand under her skirt and later made sexual comments. Later that year, she said, he got down on the floor, grabbed her foot and pulled it toward his crotch.

Joelle Saltel-Allard said Struthers used to touch her when she was his press secretary between 2009 and 2011. She said he put his hand on her knee while they were driving and talked about sex acts he would enjoy.

Struthers, who has declined interview requests, issued a written statement last week apologizing "for any interactions I have had that have been inappropriate and that have caused any person to feel disrespected or uncomfortable.''

Both women say they lodged a complaint with their boss, Jay Branch, and were told he took it to Selinger's former chief of staff, Michael Balagus. Both say they were later informed they would have to "suck it up."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/m ... spartanntp
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Queen K wrote:Agreed. Totally sad. And what is sadder? That no one clocked him a good one.

No sh t. Wallop that imbecile!! I wonder if any of them had spouses and made them aware of the situation. Anyone ever messes with my sweetie, they'll get what for and quick.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Agreed. It is possible to deliver a WHALLOP via on-line.

Return to “Canada”