Treatment of disabled Vets

justincase
Board Meister

Treatment of disabled Vets

Post by justincase »

The Conservative record with our proud Veterans:

- Harper minister insults veterans and closed 9 VA offices
-laid off 900 VA staff against management protests
Withheld $1.13 billion that could have gone to Veterans.
-spent $750000 fighting veterans in court
- judge orders repayment of $887
million
- canceled lifetime pensions
- silenced and smeared veterans who criticized

Fast Forward to 2018:

-Budgeted 10 billion in new spending
-Reopened 9 scuttled VA offices plus an additional office
-Lifetime Pensions restored
the Pension for life plan includes - Tax-free financial compensation, with the choice of monthly payments for life to recognize pain and suffering caused by service-related disability this will provide a maximum monthly amount to $2650 for those most severely disabled. -income replacement for veterans who are experiencing barriers returning to work after military service at 90% of their pre-release salary. In some circumstances Veterans may be eligible for an additional 1% career progression factor each year and - services and benefits to help veterans in a wide-range of areas, including education, employment, and physical and mental health. So, John, the new program means that a 25-year-old veteran who is 100% disabled would see their monthly support increase by OVER $1700 from 2015. For a 50-year-old Veteran who is 100% disabled their monthly support would now be almost $9000.
-looking to end all lawsuits with our Veterans
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e37891328/
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Treatment of disabled Vets

Post by CapitalB »

But what about the money they gave to terrorists instead of to veterans?

I jest though!

Good post, its nice to see a nice side by side comparison of actual policy actions.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

CapitalB wrote:But what about the money they gave to terrorists instead of to veterans?

I jest though!

Good post, its nice to see a nice side by side comparison of actual policy actions.

People need to see this. There are so many Conservative lies on social media. Andrew Scheer is the most guilty. Using fake studies, fake outrage and his ministers making Libelous remarks in parliament
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Scheer to make a motion in the house of Commons to demand an apology for Justin's treatment of our Veterans. Hahahaha...that has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

justincase wrote:Scheer to make a motion in the house of Commons to demand an apology for Justin's treatment of our Veterans. Hahahaha...that has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!

It is? Have you seen any Trudeau video lately?
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

It is? Have you seen any Trudeau video lately?

As a matter of fact, I have seen Trudeau recently! So what, you don't like the cultural outfits he wore with his children? It's was adorable, and not only that, Trudeau inked $100 million(s) of deals with Bollywood movie industry. A huge deal for Canada and specifically Vancouver and Tronto film, special effects, and digital industries.
While Trudeau was doing Canada's business abroad, Andrew was driving around in his clown car, playing beer bong and telling Canadians he was a drug abuser in university (no wonder it took two tries for Andrew to get his BA and then went no further in his academic career).

https://www.facebook.com/VCBuzz/videos/2197444476963461/
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

justincase wrote:The Conservative record with our proud Veterans:

- Harper minister insults veterans and closed 9 VA offices
-laid off 900 VA staff against management protests
Withheld $1.13 billion that could have gone to Veterans.
-spent $750000 fighting veterans in court
- judge orders repayment of $887
million
- canceled lifetime pensions
- silenced and smeared veterans who criticized

Fast Forward to 2018:

-Budgeted 10 billion in new spending
-Reopened 9 scuttled VA offices plus an additional office
-Lifetime Pensions restored
the Pension for life plan includes - Tax-free financial compensation, with the choice of monthly payments for life to recognize pain and suffering caused by service-related disability this will provide a maximum monthly amount to $2650 for those most severely disabled. -income replacement for veterans who are experiencing barriers returning to work after military service at 90% of their pre-release salary. In some circumstances Veterans may be eligible for an additional 1% career progression factor each year and - services and benefits to help veterans in a wide-range of areas, including education, employment, and physical and mental health. So, John, the new program means that a 25-year-old veteran who is 100% disabled would see their monthly support increase by OVER $1700 from 2015. For a 50-year-old Veteran who is 100% disabled their monthly support would now be almost $9000.
-looking to end all lawsuits with our Veterans
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e37891328/

All I ever hear is from every single loud mouth Politician is empty lip service (no matter Government in power). Thank-you for your service, now get the hell out of sight & shut the :cuss: up.
This is both shameful & disgraceful
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

All I ever hear is from every single loud mouth Politician is empty lip service (no matter Government in power). Thank-you for your service, now get the hell out of sight & shut the :cuss: up.
This is both shameful & disgraceful

The liberals committing $10 billion in new sending is not paying lip service to our proud veterans. Actions speak louder than the rhetoric being bounced around by the media!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ only if it actually makes it to those who truly need the help.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

GordonH wrote:^^^ only if it actually makes it to those who truly need the help.

Yes, Sir, every Canadian agrees with that very statement politics aside!

Return to “Canada”