Hedley the latest victim of unproven allegations

Nedroj
Übergod

Re: Hedley the latest victim of unproven allegations

Post by Nedroj »

Hassel99 wrote:Full statement from headly.

We realize the life of a touring band is an unconventional one. While we are all now either married or have entered into committed, long-term relationships, there was a time, in the past, when we engaged in a lifestyle that incorporated certain rock and roll cliches. However, there was always a line that we would never cross.

I think the line I highlighted is a clear denial of the allegations.
Last edited by Nedroj on Feb 16th, 2018, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Band gone silent on their Social media accts.
No, sounds like they are saying " prove it" someone might take them up on that challenge if indeed the allegations are true.
They always seem like a clean, family oriented band - and I really like their music, hope it isn't true
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

LTD wrote:if the accusations are found to be untrue the accusers should be criminally charged and forced to pay for any expenses and lost revenue as a result of their actions, its just far to easy to ruin people with false accusation these days

I think that is the only way we can help curb the amount of false, misleading and/or unsubstantiated accusations being throw around. And fully prosecute them if found in violation of what is basically perjury. If these claims are found to be untrue and this once million dollar grossing band is ruined, They should go after the accusers in a civil court suit. That payout would be more than enough deterrent to make other false accusers think twice about lying.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
GracieD

Post by GracieD »

The actor Jeremy Piven was accused of wrongdoing, he took a lie detector test and passed. The woman all of a sudden disappeared. Maybe it's time for the accusers and accused to take these tests. It would prove who is lying and who isn't.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

JLives wrote:So it's ok to sexually abuse children so long as you are a musician? 14 year olds cannot legally give consent so it doesn't matter if they "know what to expect".

Is there a story about sexual abuse? I think some shady stuff may have gone down but I have not seen a direct comment on sexual abuse by any accusers...

Where do parents fit into the equation? You let your kid go to a concert and somehow they are able to get into a room alone with the band?

No police reports?

Seems a bit of a new age witch hunt if you ask me.... you needed about the same amount of evidence to burn your neighbour at the stake....
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? So now a Twitter post by someone *bleep* at you is enough to ruin your life. What a load of BS.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The phrase you used is only good in the courts. No different from times past when someone was guilty by association.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

GracieD wrote:The actor Jeremy Piven was accused of wrongdoing, he took a lie detector test and passed. The woman all of a sudden disappeared. Maybe it's time for the accusers and accused to take these tests. It would prove who is lying and who isn't.

Lie Detectors are not admissible evidence in Canada. not sure in the US
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

OMG, the Rolling Stones will be finished!!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Bah, everything a puppy dies Keith gets another year
they still spawning children in their 70s.. shudder
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

EVERYONE is innocent until PROVEN guilty...........don't even read the stories anymore. In too many of these accusations it is that persons "15 minutes of fame" and hopefully a cash payout!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Interesting how the bias is implied directly in the thread title. “Hedley the latest victim”. No, the victims are the accusers. You’re already trying to shift and deflect blame.

What evidence do you have that the accuser is lying? Why would you make the assumption that they are victimizing Hedley There’s more evidence towards the incident than there is against it. If somebody you didn’t know (person a) blamed another person you aren’t familiar with (person b) of letting their dog poop on person a’s yard, would you immediately assume person A is lying? Innocent until proven guilty! Person B is a victim!

It’s actually pretty sick to see people trying to make excuses. Rock Star behaviour etc. I know many of you support politicians guilty of sexual assault, but there is no level of fame or power which makes this sort of behaviour acceptable. It doesn’t matter if you’re a rock star or celebrity.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Omnitheo wrote:What evidence do you have that the accuser is lying? Why would you make the assumption that they are victimizing Hedley There’s more evidence towards the incident than there is against it. If somebody you didn’t know (person a) blamed another person you aren’t familiar with (person b) of letting their dog poop on person a’s yard, would you immediately assume person A is lying? Innocent until proven guilty! Person B is a victim!

The only thing I would assume is nothing happened until the facts are proven in court. I wound not immediately assume either person A or B is lying, but listen to both sides of the story out of interest and wait until a qualified source (not the media, plaintiff or defendant) came to a conclusion. I certainly wouldn't expect the manager of person B's dog to pull their dog licence and cancel all future dog walks.

Omnitheo wrote:Interesting how the bias is implied directly in the thread title. “Hedley the latest victim”. No, the victims are the accusers. You’re already trying to shift and deflect blame.

No one is shifting the story. None of this should have been made public until allegations were true. What's to stop me from standing outside your home and stating unproven things about you, because in this fake scenario I just don't like you. Would you not want people to assume you are guilty of my false allegations?
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

allegations, which had been circulated by anonymous social media users
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

gordon_as wrote:
allegations, which had been circulated by anonymous social media users

and that is the real problem. Come on Castanet....be a leader and make everyone use their real name on the forums.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Canada”