Hedley the latest victim of unproven allegations

Walking Wounded
Übergod

Re: Hedley the latest victim of unproven allegations

Post by Walking Wounded »

So anyone can just go on Twitter or Facebook or even here and make accusations. I guess we won't need another election to get rid of unpopular politicians when baseless accusations will work just fine.
It is absolute BS that anonymous accusations can ruin someone's career and life.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

GrooveTunes wrote:and that is the real problem. Come on Castanet....be a leader and make everyone use their real name on the forums.
Absolutely not and for good reasons. Castanet already states to post a letter one must supply their real name.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

Re; "Removing an Ugly Legacy"
Article in Castanet today.
I see,from reading this article that the music world seems to be eating it's own now that the "Pc" spotlight is aimed at them.Way to go you self righteous hipocrites.Standing in a police lineup with your hand down by your waist pointing at the person next to you.
"the music industry has been awakening".....aww come on! The whole industry knows what's going on and has known for decades.
"gender inequities" ?
Tell that to the women who have "made it" such as Heart,Blonde,Concrete Blonde,Reba,Pink,Rhianna,Dolly,Shania,and a zillion other artists and performers of any stature or popularity from local to the world.
"all kinds of improvements are happening at large" said Auf Der
Maur.
Improvements or dilution of talent pool ? All for the sake of equality ?
Ya,there ya go ! promote talentless people to stardom.Well,I guess there's one good thing about that.It'll be easier to spot real talent in comparison.Then she goes on to comment,"we were the reaction to the gross hair metal and all the ridiculous extension of the 70's and 80's and we were a mass improvement".Uh Huh ! A legend in your own mind ! Had to work to get where you are ? Aww,poor baby !
Elitist ? Yup ! Worth my time ? Not by the sounds of it ! No pun intended.
"July Talk" singer Leah Fay drivels about "R+R cliches like being paid in beer.Leah,my dear sweet innocent girl......that's called "paying your dues".You want to circumvent that you need money...lots of money.Besides,real music comes from paying your dues and then writing about it.It's the blues Baby!
And about Lollapalooza ? My daughter has been there.You Lie !
Music industry analyst Bob Lefsetz.
He may be right about a "greater industry willingness" but by my way of thinking,it also could be an opportunity,for some unscrupulous, to ease the competition by spreading unfounded allegations.Enter the #metoo movement.
Listen ! I am getting so sick and tired of this snowflake crap as it infects every aspect of my life.
There are "groupies" of both genders and always will be.Willing to do just about anything to "get wid it".
Then there are those who will do just about anything to get "to the top".
Hedley ? ....good band....witch hunt ?....more than likely.....only band involved ?....LOL.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

LTD wrote:if the accusations are found to be untrue the accusers should be criminally charged and forced to pay for any expenses and lost revenue as a result of their actions, its just far to easy to ruin people with false accusation these days

In total agreement.

Another thing these allegations should be doing is making men and women watch what they are doing, with whom they are doing it and fostering an era of conservative behavior.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Omnitheo wrote:Interesting how the bias is implied directly in the thread title. “Hedley the latest victim”. No, the victims are the accusers. You’re already trying to shift and deflect blame.

What evidence do you have that the accuser is lying? Why would you make the assumption that they are victimizing Hedley There’s more evidence towards the incident than there is against it. If somebody you didn’t know (person a) blamed another person you aren’t familiar with (person b) of letting their dog poop on person a’s yard, would you immediately assume person A is lying? Innocent until proven guilty! Person B is a victim!

It’s actually pretty sick to see people trying to make excuses. Rock Star behaviour etc. I know many of you support politicians guilty of sexual assault, but there is no level of fame or power which makes this sort of behaviour acceptable. It doesn’t matter if you’re a rock star or celebrity.

What evidence do you have that says they are guilty? 2 Twitter posts without a single piece of actual evidence is not evidence btw. I follow Canadian law and it clearly states innocent until proven guilty. And it is a crime to throw around accusations that cause irreparable harm to their image. So now i ask you this, Why do you support this unsubstantiated witch hunt? Are you trying to gain "brownie" points with the opposite sex? Is to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Or are you just another SJW assuming everyone on your side is telling the truth while everyone that opposes your opinion must be a lying, bigot, racist?
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/he ... -1.4541935
They standing down from Juno consideration
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Nedroj wrote:What evidence do you have that says they are guilty? 2 Twitter posts without a single piece of actual evidence is not evidence btw. I follow Canadian law and it clearly states innocent until proven guilty. And it is a crime to throw around accusations that cause irreparable harm to their image. So now i ask you this, Why do you support this unsubstantiated witch hunt? Are you trying to gain "brownie" points with the opposite sex? Is to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Or are you just another SJW assuming everyone on your side is telling the truth while everyone that opposes your opinion must be a lying, bigot, racist?

Brownie points? "just another SJW"? Almost seems the old saying goes here "pot calling the kettle black". And it seems there were more than just 2 twitter posts:
She also urged other females to share their stories about the band, and even created the hashtag “outHedley2k18”, and this led to an extraordinary number of anonymous allegations possibly defaming the group.

http://fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2018/02 ... casts-week
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Fancy wrote:
Nedroj wrote:What evidence do you have that says they are guilty? 2 Twitter posts without a single piece of actual evidence is not evidence btw. I follow Canadian law and it clearly states innocent until proven guilty. And it is a crime to throw around accusations that cause irreparable harm to their image. So now i ask you this, Why do you support this unsubstantiated witch hunt? Are you trying to gain "brownie" points with the opposite sex? Is to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Or are you just another SJW assuming everyone on your side is telling the truth while everyone that opposes your opinion must be a lying, bigot, racist?

Brownie points? "just another SJW"? Almost seems the old saying goes here "pot calling the kettle black". And it seems there were more than just 2 twitter posts:
She also urged other females to share their stories about the band, and even created the hashtag “outHedley2k18”, and this led to an extraordinary number of anonymous allegations possibly defaming the group.

http://fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2018/02 ... casts-week

Oh she created a Hashtag!! That must mean she’s telling the truth. Anonymous twitter posts still do not equal factual evidence. Again I don’t see what is so hard to comprehend that in our justice system it’s innocent until proven guilty. Until there is a police case number with a formal report of the offence backed by physical evidence it is completely unsubstantiated, unfounded and as I said before a total witch hunt by the sjw mob.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

These guys have a track record for really questionable behavior. that is why their management team dumped them so quick, they knew....

here they are back 2005, same story, more date rape drugs.

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/hedley_ ... oncertgoer

"I went up as part of my job to see if everything was okay, make sure that none of our equipment was up there accidentally, make sure the rider had been fully fulfilled and that the night was over," he says. "When I got up there, I went to check — and usually I'd check the whole space — but one of the bedrooms had the door shut. And I went to go check it, and the rest of the band got in the way."

Though Bazinet says he doesn't remember which member of the band was in the room, he claims the remaining members of Hedley barricaded him from entering. "The feeling I had at the time was that I would've had to force my way into that room."

Bazinet assumed the member in the bedroom just wanted privacy, so he went back downstairs to the bar. The way the Embassy was set up, he couldn't see when the band actually left, Bazinet explains, but at some point they packed up and left the green room. Then the police arrived, according to Bazinet.

"They had found a young woman, unconscious with no shoes by the TD Bank, which was a block away," he recalls. "They took her to the hospital, they ran a blood test on her because they thought she might be drunk or on drugs, and it came back that there was rohypnol [known as a date rape drug] in her system."

The police linked the girl to the Embassy because of the stamp on her hand, according to Bazinet.

"They went upstairs, we gave them permission to go through the green room. They found her shoes in the green room," Bazinet says, recalling that the shoes were "little leopard-print flats." The police contacted the girl's parents, seeking permission to utilize a rape kit, he claims.

Return to “Canada”