Saskatchewan Farmer shot at in home by Robber.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Saskatchewan Farmer shot at in home by Robber.

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/sask ... -1.4541625

It didn't take long to start. Looks like this will be the new tend. I'd be sleeping with a weapon loaded and protecting myself and my loved ones!

Very sad it will come to this.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Saskatchewan Farmer shot at in home by Robber.

Post by Catsumi »

Yes, Ken7, it would appear to be a wise choice to bed down with Winchester snuggled beside you.

This is not the Saskatchewan that I grew up in, but an unrecognizable twisted lawless land. Imagine the close death call the homeowner had when bullet missed his head trying only to defend his property from intruder. A free for all.

Now we wait for PM Hair'n'Sox to wisely comment on this horrific incident.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Support gun rights
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Catsumi wrote:Yes, Ken7, it would appear to be a wise choice to bed down with Winchester snuggled beside you.

This is not the Saskatchewan that I grew up in, but an unrecognizable twisted lawless land. Imagine the close death call the homeowner had when bullet missed his head trying only to defend his property from intruder. A free for all.

Now we wait for PM Hair'n'Sox to wisely comment on this horrific incident.

The PM has much better things to worry about than an isolated incident in a rural area.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

How the heck do you take an incident and turn it into a "trend?"

How do you use this incident to suddenly claim "gun rights for all?"

I think the reality is you're in need of an excuse to justify guns. No one is coming into your home with a gun. No one is coming onto your property with a gun. No one is trying to kill your family. Statically speaking you're better to be fearful of a soviet satellite crashing into your home than an armed gunman.

Stop making small incidents into huge trends. Look what that got the US.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Years ago I suggested the law is getting well out of hand.

The Victim has lost his / her rights. The accused tends not to be held accountable. The old story you hear time and time again in court at the sentencing hearing, my client has had a bad upbringing, my client has a drug dependency, my client has a alcohol issue. He has tried treatment and failed again.

Maybe if a Judge had stones and stopped the Defece Lawyer right there and said, stop. I'll give you and your client ten minutes to show what he/she has done since their last Criminal Conviction to better themselves before I drop the hammer on both of you. If what you are saying is not true you are both doing time we might see change.

Back to the farmers, years ago it was BSE, and the saying in Saskatchewan was SSS, shoot it, shovel it and shut up. Will it come to this with Criminal activity?

Sadly maybe we will hear years from now, 30-40 missing young males ages 18 - 24 and Police have no answers.

Recently I suggested there is no use or need for M15 or M16, maybe I was wrong. If you had a farm intruder and you lit up a path to him with a fully auto maybe the word would travel, don't go to his farm to rob him, his wife is a better shot then he is!

Our Government is going to have to take a serious look at this growing problem before it is too late and make the changes to law so the Victim has rights also.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Chyren wrote:How the heck do you take an incident and turn it into a "trend?"

How do you use this incident to suddenly claim "gun rights for all?"

I think the reality is you're in need of an excuse to justify guns. No one is coming into your home with a gun. No one is coming onto your property with a gun. No one is trying to kill your family. Statically speaking you're better to be fearful of a soviet satellite crashing into your home than an armed gunman.

Stop making small incidents into huge trends. Look what that got the US.

Do you follow the news?

Are you aware of the trial which is beginning in Battleford which was a double slaying at a farmhouse in northwest Saskatchewan. Two old retired farmers, not gang related just victims. Both killed with a gun by intruder?

As I stated it may become a trend, I did not say it was right now. But it is larger then you wish to accept. When people break into others homes and kill I think it is a little larger then life. We can accept gang land killings but this is innocent people who worked hard to be where they are.

Lastly did you read the article I posted? Did you follow the Stanley trial, they did have a gun with them. That's just three without digging that have come to the surface this month.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Gun control is the only solution to this kind of problem. A steady aim and proper trigger control will reduce the possibility of collateral damage.
Black Dogs Matter
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Ken7 wrote: I'd be sleeping with a weapon loaded

Catsumi wrote:Yes, Ken7, it would appear to be a wise choice to bed down with Winchester snuggled beside you.

Sad to say, it would be considered improper storage of a firearm...

In the same link that Ken7 posted, also an article on Mr. Stanley having to answer to
7 counts of Improper storage of firearms.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

dogspoiler wrote:Gun control is the only solution to this kind of problem. A steady aim and proper trigger control will reduce the possibility of collateral damage.

Comic relief, beautiful. LMAO
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Ken7 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatchewan/gunshot-trespass-report-battleford-farm-1.4541625

It didn't take long to start. Looks like this will be the new tend. I'd be sleeping with a weapon loaded and protecting myself and my loved ones!

Very sad it will come to this.

this is exactly why you have to arm yourself and protect your family, shoot first or they will, safe bet this is payback for the other story, safe bet more stories like this to come , were is jt outrage now--
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Well thank god the thieving scumbag got away unhurt....
And I sure hope he was white. :up:

Can you imagine the uproar if the thief would have been shot instead.
Marches, Public demonstrations, death threats, and another family having to sell their life long home and flee the area.

I bet Trudeau just managed too untwist his panties.....only for them to be twisted yet again by the outrage. :cuss:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Now that Trudeau and Jody Wilson-Raybould the racists have given the nod that natives can't be guilty, natives are emboldened to start shootin' everything and everyone, and probably get sympathy for doing it.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Jlabute wrote:Now that Trudeau and Jody Wilson-Raybould the racists have given the nod that natives can't be guilty, natives are emboldened to start shootin' everything and everyone, and probably get sympathy for doing it.

Didn't a 54 year old white man just shoot a 22 year old first nations man in the head and get away with it?
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Farmers appear to be easy prey, isolated from help, and easily outnumbered.

Coward thieves are less likely to get caught unless they are laying in a pool of
their own blood.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Canada”