Saskatchewan Farmer shot at in home by Robber.

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Re: Saskatchewan Farmer shot at in home by Robber.

Post by Brass Monkey »

Veovis wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:For us the Boushie trial is one of thousands upon thousands of unjust cases settled in the court for FN. For you its another day in the great white north.

For you it's a great new excuse for what is likely a long and endless racist way of life. Using those tragic events to spread your hatred as if you are some poor victim therefore it's ok to show how racist your are is quite disgusting and Boushies tragedy deserves respect and changes to improve such relations is Saskatchewan, but all you desire is an excuse to hate more.

Nothing improves, if people don't improve.

Ive said nothing racist, nothing at all to insinuate that I dislike or feel superior to non-natives. You're a snowflake bent on using the race card. Once FN members can get justice for their brothers and sisters who get shot in the back of the head then we can talk about improving race relations. It is not FN people who have abused white folks in court for decades, it is not FN people getting online to spew endless hate at people who sympathize with Boushie. They tried to paint Boushie as a drunken thug just like you'll paint me as an enraged SJW, its a common tactic to smear the people you know are besting you.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

For you it's a great new excuse for what is likely a long and endless racist way of life. Using those tragic events to spread your hatred as if you are some poor victim therefore it's ok to show how racist your are is quite disgusting and Boushies tragedy deserves respect and changes to improve such relations is Saskatchewan, but all you desire is an excuse to hate more.

Nothing improves, if people don't improve.[/quote]

Ive said nothing racist, nothing at all to insinuate that I dislike or feel superior to non-natives. You're a snowflake bent on using the race card. Once FN members can get justice for their brothers and sisters who get shot in the back of the head then we can talk about improving race relations. It is not FN people who have abused white folks in court for decades, it is not FN people getting online to spew endless hate at people who sympathize with Boushie. They tried to paint Boushie as a drunken thug just like you'll paint me as an enraged SJW, its a common tactic to smear the people you know are besting you.[/quote]

Time heals . Your 21. Lots of life to live. Dont get caught up in the hate spewing nonsense. That part of Sask has been rough for ever. Look up the northwest rebellion. Natives out there are tough. They got nothing really going for them on the reserves. Its not like WFN. Red Pheasant has been a scary place for a long time. Im a big boy. I wouldnt want to be broken down there.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Why is this particular shooting turning into subtle and not so subtle suggestions that this incident is related to First Nations people?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Brass Monkey wrote:
The definition of criminal is arbitrary, FN people used to be criminals be default. None of us are outstanding citizens, plenty of FN people I lived with on the reservation were not outstanding people, and yet I never pulled a gun on any of them.

Are you for real? I grew up with four reserves in my area in northern Saskatchewan. My father operated a grocery store. Many of the Indiginous were our friends. We respected them and they in turn respected us.

I think you have one big chip on your shoulder and if it doesn't change you one day will be in jail. I read your other post, and you have to accept the laws of this land do apply to Indiginous people. It is sad that one of your people was killed, although go to rewind.

If Colton and his friends were not doing as they were this incident would not be spoken of.

You and others your age have to start being held accountable and be responsible for your actions. As for the Police, Jury and Judge by law Stanley was found not guilty. Why you feel Indiginous should be treated with cotton gloves, I'm missing it. You are a prime example as to why the gap between the Indiginous Communities and the rest of Society is becoming so divided.

Why it appears it is all about you!
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

You and others your age have to start being held accountable and be responsible for your actions. As for the Police, Jury and Judge by law Stanley was found not guilty. Why you feel Indiginous should be treated with cotton gloves, I'm missing it. You are a prime example as to why the gap between the Indiginous Communities and the rest of Society is becoming so divided.

Why it appears it is all about you![/quote]

I know the police, jury and judge found Gerald not guilty, that is not surprising one bit considering this nation descends from a society that used to jail natives for leaving the reserve. Go on twitter, facebook or instagram and witness the thousands of racist trolls harassing supporters of Boushie, FN people have never been responsible for the divide, my reactionary behaviour to crimes against my people isn't divisive the crimes against my people are divisive. The oppressors will always rationalize their actions.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Maybe it's just thieves are thieves. If anyone wants to talk about Boushie, here's the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=27&p=2312228#p2312228
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The province has announced the creation of a new Protection and Response Team to help fight crime in rural Saskatchewan.

The team will consist of 258 armed officers with arrest and detention powers, including:

120 police officers from RCMP and municipal police services
60 police positions currently deployed to the Combined Traffic Services Saskatchewan Initiative
30 new police positions and 30 repurposed police positions currently funded by the Ministry of Justice
In addition, 40 highway commercial vehicle enforcement officers will be armed and, along with conservation officers who already carry guns, will be able to respond to calls and make arrests.

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/new-team-to-f ... -1.3556453

What happened to that? Doesn't seem to be working.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Has anyone benefited from a faster response time? Maybe so with the statistics the way they are:

http://www.macleans.ca/canadas-most-dangerous-places/
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Brass Monkey wrote:[qote="Veovis"]
Brass Monkey wrote:For us the Boushie trial is one of thousands upon thousands of unjust cases settled in the court for FN. For you its another day in the great white north.

Nothing improves, if people don't improve.

Ive said nothing racist, nothing at all to insinuate that I dislike or feel superior to non-natives. You're a snowflake bent on using the race card. Once FN members can get justice for their brothers and sisters who get shot in the back of the head then we can talk about improving race relations. It is not FN people who have abused white folks in court for decades, it is not FN people getting online to spew endless hate at people who sympathize with Boushie. They tried to paint Boushie as a drunken thug just like you'll paint me as an enraged SJW, its a common tactic to smear the people you know are besting you.[/quote]

fyi, all skin colors have been f over buy the courts, not just natives ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Brass Monkey, heck, all people, I highly recommend you read this, and anything else
this man has to say. Heed his words.

I truly wish he had a desire to go Provincial and Federal.

I'm sure I would be plenty proud to call him my Prime Minister.

He wants to stay in his own area, there is much to be done.

Speech by Chief Clarence Louie, Osoyoos.

http://trustssaints.ca/ChiefClarenceLouie.html

Sorry for any derail, I thought it pertinent.

:topic:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

dirtybiker wrote:Brass Monkey, heck, all people, I highly recommend you read this, and anything else
this man has to say. Heed his words.

I truly wish he had a desire to go Provincial and Federal.

I'm sure I would be plenty proud to call him my Prime Minister.

He wants to stay in his own area, there is much to be done.

Speech by Chief Clarence Louie, Osoyoos.

http://trustssaints.ca/ChiefClarenceLouie.html

Sorry for any derail, I thought it pertinent.

:topic:

Thank you for sharing..what he says is pretty universal..work hard, get paid hard and then play hard. Chief Louie has the fortune of having been chief to a reservation located in the southern/central Okanagan..he had the benefit of having tons of lakefront property and being centralized in a high traffic area that sees a massive run of tourists every summer. Not to mention that both the WFN and the OIB benefit from land exchange treaties while 99.9% of other reservations don't have a land exchange clause. The majority of reservations were placed way outside of regular civilization..today many reservations are still located in rural, extreme climate areas. Id like to see logging take off on these reservations, logging requires a lot less start up than oil and is a lot less specialized.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Brass Monkey wrote:Thank you for sharing..what he says is pretty universal..work hard, get paid hard and then play hard. Chief Louie has the fortune of having been chief to a reservation located in the southern/central Okanagan..he had the benefit of having tons of lakefront property and being centralized in a high traffic area that sees a massive run of tourists every summer. Not to mention that both the WFN and the OIB benefit from land exchange treaties while 99.9% of other reservations don't have a land exchange clause. The majority of reservations were placed way outside of regular civilization..today many reservations are still located in rural, extreme climate areas. Id like to see logging take off on these reservations, logging requires a lot less start up than oil and is a lot less specialized.

So I guess the question is if it was so easy for Louie, why were they bankrupt and why hadn't everyone before him done it? I think it is his view of things. He sees what could be, where many others look at how crap everything is and who can they blame.

I try to visit that area at least once a year if not more.

North Battleford I try to visit every 2-3 years now, and that's because of Family not nostalgia. If only the view there was also "what can we be and do" not "what can we get away with"
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Veovis wrote:So I guess the question is if it was so easy for Louie, why were they bankrupt and why hadn't everyone before him done it? I think it is his view of things. He sees what could be, where many others look at how crap everything is and who can they blame.

I try to visit that area at least once a year if not more.

North Battleford I try to visit every 2-3 years now, and that's because of Family not nostalgia. If only the view there was also "what can we be and do" not "what can we get away with"

I'd say it's his view of things, his "no more excuses" attitude.

The FN in the area of the north I lived in were trying to get into logging. I don't know how successful they were, but I can say the bad attitudes Louis describes in that talk were undermining them when I lived there.

Other FN have taken a different approach: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2355794

It seems to me many of our FN's local governments are the architects of their own peoples' misfortune, and while they expect others to "fix" the problem, the only "outside" contribution they're comfortable accepting is cash. The hopelessness and victim mentality runs deep, and it takes strong leadership (and a willingness from the people to back that leadership) for anything to change.

:topic: It's interesting to see the "poor victim" mentality now permeates Western society.

I feel badly for the rural farmers, who by and large are still living the ethic of making something for themselves (even when it's hard work with little to no return), and are expected to stand by while "poor victims" come onto their property and help themselves to whatever they wish. When push literally comes to shove, it's unsurprising people who ought not to be there in the first place are suffering the consequences.

What's been surprising to me is how quickly people (including the media) have used the "poor victim" philosophy to gloss over thieves' part in their own misfortune. If society at large is bent on turning the perpetrators into the "poor victims", we shouldn't be surprised to see more violence as the "poor victims" become bolder and the homeowners become hyper-vigilant and less willing to stand down.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Other FN have taken a different approach: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2355794

It seems to me many of our FN's local governments are the architects of their own peoples' misfortune, and while they expect others to "fix" the problem, the only "outside" contribution they're comfortable accepting is cash. The hopelessness and victim mentality runs deep, and it takes strong leadership (and a willingness from the people to back that leadership) for anything to change.

:topic: It's interesting to see the "poor victim" mentality now permeates Western society.

I feel badly for the rural farmers, who by and large are still living the ethic of making something for themselves (even when it's hard work with little to no return), and are expected to stand by while "poor victims" come onto their property and help themselves to whatever they wish. When push literally comes to shove, it's unsurprising people who ought not to be there in the first place are suffering the consequences.

What's been surprising to me is how quickly people (including the media) have used the "poor victim" philosophy to gloss over thieves' part in their own misfortune. If society at large is bent on turning the perpetrators into the "poor victims", we shouldn't be surprised to see more violence as the "poor victims" become bolder and the homeowners become hyper-vigilant and less willing to stand down.[/quote]

FN people today are in no way way responsible for the current predicament they are in now. FN people didn’t isolate themselves and move themselves onto reservations that harboured little resources. Imagine if FN people were allowed the right to a civil defence lawyer in the 1900s, imagine if we supplied a decent education to FN people, may have solved all of this decades ago. In March of 2016 29 FN attempted suicide on the attawapiskat Indian reserve in Ontario because living conditions are so bad, no heated homes, no clean water, we can’t expect people to progress alongside regular society when poor people in Ethiopia wouldn’t even trade their lives for one of a northern FN.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Brass Monkey wrote:FN people today are in no way way responsible for the current predicament they are in now.

A lot of FN people take responsibility for themselves and go on to make something of themselves. Those doing drugs and stealing are taking up a lot of jail space.

Return to “Canada”