Saskatchewan Farmer shot at in home by Robber.

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Saskatchewan Farmer shot at in home by Robber.

Post by Jlabute »

Gerald "got away with it" due to the reason he was NOT GUILTY. It's interesting how your chances of getting hurt are greatly increased when you are a criminal on someone else's property. The tragedy is some parents do not raise their children to be outstanding citizens, and Colten died.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Ken7 wrote:Recently I suggested there is no use or need for M15 or M16, maybe I was wrong. If you had a farm intruder and you lit up a path to him with a fully auto maybe the word would travel, don't go to his farm to rob him, his wife is a better shot then he is!

Using that logic, the USA must be the safest most crime free country on the planet considering most every rural American is armed to the teeth with every kind of fire power imaginable, and with the USA having the most lax gun laws in the western world, and the legal right to defend oneself it’s a win win for everybody ...hell, Trump just signed a bill giving the emotionally disturbed access to firearms to help ensure everyone’s safety...
Trudeau better step up to the plate and get with the program.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

And Pharmacies and Liquor Stores could sell Ammo..
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Hurtlander wrote:Using that logic, the USA must be the safest most crime free country on the planet considering most every rural American is armed to the teeth with every kind of fire power imaginable, and with the USA having the most lax gun laws in the western world, and the legal right to defend oneself it’s a win win for everybody ...hell, Trump just signed a bill giving the emotionally disturbed access to firearms to help ensure everyone’s safety...
Trudeau better step up to the plate and get with the program.

I say it sarcastically, but wouldn't the thief in the case I posted have stained his shorts if Grandpa kicked open the door and shouted RAMBO as he let it go fully auto!!

I do not have the answer, I think there needs to be changes to our laws. Currently even 2 nd degree murder draws 4-5 years, there is something wrong with this in my opinion. What would you feel is a fair sentence in this case in the story?

I'd love to see 4 years but likely will not.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

As my Pap said often, "When guns are outlawed,
only the outlaws will have guns."

Now with the heightened awareness, I suspect there will be more.

Great, another 120 year setback to the
range wars.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

Now we wait for PM Hair'n'Sox to wisely comment on this horrific incident.[/quote]

The PM has much better things to worry about than an isolated incident in a rural area.[/quote]

He will likely feel sorry for the broken window. It is clear that he was deeply concerned about a drunken crime spree near Biggar that didn't go as planned for the underage drinkers.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Jlabute wrote:Now that Trudeau and Jody Wilson-Raybould the racists have given the nod that natives can't be guilty, natives are emboldened to start shootin' everything and everyone, and probably get sympathy for doing it.

Didn't a 54 year old white man just shoot a 22 year old first nations man in the head and get away with it?

The man was declared not guilty, he didn't "get away with it". "First nations" is immaterial. The underage drunk was on a crime spree with his drunken buddies.Why haven't charges been laid for an earlier vehicle theft attempt which included vandalism? Why no charges for a loaded firearm in the vehicle, for drunk driving, for his fellow criminals contributing to the delinquency of a minor by buying him alcohol? No charges of lying or uttering false statements in court. All kinds of favoritism and preferential treatment for the Indians.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jlabute wrote:Now that Trudeau and Jody Wilson-Raybould the racists have given the nod that natives can't be guilty, natives are emboldened to start shootin' everything and everyone, and probably get sympathy for doing it.

time will tell, but jt has made it very clear that its hunting season on white farmers , even after not being found guilty
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Jlabute wrote:Gerald "got away with it" due to the reason he was NOT GUILTY. It's interesting how your chances of getting hurt are greatly increased when you are a criminal on someone else's property. The tragedy is some parents do not raise their children to be outstanding citizens, and Colten died.

The definition of criminal is arbitrary, FN people used to be criminals be default. None of us are outstanding citizens, plenty of FN people I lived with on the reservation were not outstanding people, and yet I never pulled a gun on any of them.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

ninetyninepct wrote:Now we wait for PM Hair'n'Sox to wisely comment on this horrific incident.

The PM has much better things to worry about than an isolated incident in a rural area.[/quote]

He will likely feel sorry for the broken window. It is clear that he was deeply concerned about a drunken crime spree near Biggar that didn't go as planned for the underage drinkers.[/quote]

"Crime spree" I wouldn't call trespassing a crime spree, not even close. This is just more rhetoric that I initially saw on the original RCMP report. The idea is to implement an image of a bunch of drunken natives marching onto private property shooting guns and whooping it up. We live in Canada, our country is filled with rambunctious youth that do things like this, yet natives get painted as drunks or thugs while others get painted as disrespectful youth. The only person there with a record of taking a life is Stanley.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Yes, Ken7, it would appear to be a wise choice to bed down with Winchester snuggled beside you.

This is not the Saskatchewan that I grew up in, but an unrecognizable twisted lawless land. Imagine the close death call the homeowner had when bullet missed his head trying only to defend his property from intruder. A free for all.

Now we wait for PM Hair'n'Sox to wisely comment on this horrific incident.

The PM has much better things to worry about than an isolated incident in a rural area.

Like the Boushie incident? That was isolated. Man you're annoying.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Chyren wrote:How the heck do you take an incident and turn it into a "trend?"

How do you use this incident to suddenly claim "gun rights for all?"

I think the reality is you're in need of an excuse to justify guns. No one is coming into your home with a gun. No one is coming onto your property with a gun. No one is trying to kill your family. Statically speaking you're better to be fearful of a soviet satellite crashing into your home than an armed gunman.

Stop making small incidents into huge trends. Look what that got the US.

You know who Ken7 was in his proffesional life, right?

And where his home is?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

In the same link that Ken7 posted, also an article on Mr. Stanley having to answer to
7 counts of Improper storage of firearms.

And rightly so. My guns were always at the ready. Not much point in having them if you have to run around trying to marry the pieces together but I also know that the law would have hit me hard had I been caught.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Like the Boushie incident? That was isolated. Man you're annoying.[/quote]

For us the Boushie trial is one of thousands upon thousands of unjust cases settled in the court for FN. For you its another day in the great white north.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Brass Monkey wrote:For us the Boushie trial is one of thousands upon thousands of unjust cases settled in the court for FN. For you its another day in the great white north.

For you it's a great new excuse for what is likely a long and endless racist way of life. Using those tragic events to spread your hatred as if you are some poor victim therefore it's ok to show how racist your are is quite disgusting and Boushies tragedy deserves respect and changes to improve such relations is Saskatchewan, but all you desire is an excuse to hate more.

Nothing improves, if people don't improve.

Return to “Canada”