Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~wrong

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby CapitalB » Mar 7th, 2018, 3:37 pm

No amount of proof is good enough for you people. Hang on lets throw up a straw man and move the goal post.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 840
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 554 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby rustled » Mar 7th, 2018, 3:41 pm

CapitalB wrote:No amount of proof is good enough for you people. Hang on lets throw up a straw man and move the goal post.

You've already done that, haven't you?

3 people like this post.
rustled
Guru
 
Posts: 6246
Likes: 9381 posts
Liked in: 7411 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:35 pm

CapitalB wrote:No amount of proof is good enough for you people. Hang on lets throw up a straw man and move the goal post.


At this point I'd settle for some proof, but you and the rest of the AGW-pushing science-deniers can't even provide that.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

KiloHotel likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29393
Likes: 12887 posts
Liked in: 17397 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby CapitalB » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Just because you choose not to look at the evidence doesn't make it cease to exist.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 840
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 554 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:40 pm



"Most people" don't get a tax break from the stupid carbon tax. This is just pure garbage.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

KiloHotel likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29393
Likes: 12887 posts
Liked in: 17397 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:40 pm

CapitalB wrote:Just because you choose not to look at the evidence doesn't make it cease to exist.


What evidence???? What the hell are you talking about???
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29393
Likes: 12887 posts
Liked in: 17397 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:42 pm

CapitalB wrote: Deniers are arguing for Now results, .


on this we can agree. Science deniers still pushing the AGW myth want to reach into our pockets NOW, for something that hasn't even been proven to exist.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29393
Likes: 12887 posts
Liked in: 17397 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Snman wrote:Never got a carbon tax rebate, not once. Now I feel really cheated. :-X


Me neither. "Most" people who pay most of the carbon tax don't get a credit. This is just another lie to try and justify this insanely stupid tax, that helps no one.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29393
Likes: 12887 posts
Liked in: 17397 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Postby rustled » Mar 7th, 2018, 4:52 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:


"Most people" don't get a tax break from the stupid carbon tax. This is just pure garbage.

Ah, but getting people to argue about "who does and who doesn't get the carbon tax credit (and whether that's most people or not)" is a terrific way to avoid talking about whether or not there's any reasonable proof the carbon tax is an effective or efficient tool with which to change the climate.

But I suppose straw man arguments are only bad when "deniers" (a.k.a. those actually in favour of science-based policy) use them.

People who are comfortable with policy-based science (thanks, Cook et al) get to post whatever they like and we're supposed to accept whatever they post as "proof" that carbon taxes are a good thing. Consequences? Meh. Who needs to consider those when we're serving the greater good, and all that.

2 people like this post.
rustled
Guru
 
Posts: 6246
Likes: 9381 posts
Liked in: 7411 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Previous

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests