2018 Budget

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Snman » Feb 28th, 2018, 9:22 pm

^^^ And you're talking to me about division while using terms like tin foil hats? Riiight. ^^^
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

2 people like this post.
Snman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1044
Likes: 1154 posts
Liked in: 770 posts
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 6:27 am

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 28th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Bigjohn69 wrote:
A winning strategy is one of inclusion through truth ,.


"Truth" would be awesome. Why is this such a foreign concept to the nutbar hard leftists?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.

Snman likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28190
Likes: 12245 posts
Liked in: 16186 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Glacier » Feb 28th, 2018, 11:01 pm

The truth is that the progressives hate facts. A lot of people hate facts, left and right, so it's a bi-partisan problem, but when you give them facts such as the wage gap not being because of oppression of women, they change the subject by attacking the messenger on something totally unrelated.

Anyway, I'm sure you can find some character flaw in Christina Hoff Sommers, but you can't deny facts.


2 people like this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27679
Likes: 3246 posts
Liked in: 9701 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Bigjohn69 » Feb 28th, 2018, 11:30 pm

Snman wrote:^^^ And you're talking to me about division while using terms like tin foil hats? Riiight. ^^^

Yes i am . You posted a lie . And terms alex jones uses . He is the king of tinfoil hats . The members bill does not say anything about just islam . It includes all forms of faith .

How about explaining why you tried to post something ment for rightwing extremism ? How,does that have any place in Canada ?

CapitalB likes this post.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling
 
Posts: 299
Likes: 146 posts
Liked in: 135 posts
Joined: Feb 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Bigjohn69 » Feb 28th, 2018, 11:36 pm

The truth is that the progressives hate facts. A lot of people hate facts, left and right, so it's a bi-partisan problem, but when you give them facts such as the wage gap not being because of oppression of women, they change the subject by attacking the messenger on something totally unrelated.



No one is saying it is oppression of women .again im not sure how dog whistling to the extreme right furthers anything .Maybe study why the RCMP admitted to sexual harrasment gone wild to better understand the issues at play . It has always been about power and who gets to play with it .

Now it is fair to ask can we budget our way to better place ? Im not sure but it certainly wont hurt to try unless a person is a male with a weak ego , im positive them types will be hurt

CapitalB likes this post.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling
 
Posts: 299
Likes: 146 posts
Liked in: 135 posts
Joined: Feb 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Glacier » Mar 1st, 2018, 10:17 am

Bigjohn69 wrote:No one is saying it is oppression of women .again im not sure how dog whistling to the extreme right furthers anything .Maybe study why the RCMP admitted to sexual harrasment gone wild to better understand the issues at play . It has always been about power and who gets to play with it .

Now it is fair to ask can we budget our way to better place ? Im not sure but it certainly wont hurt to try unless a person is a male with a weak ego , im positive them types will be hurt

Actually, social justice advocates do attribute the wage gap entirely to oppression. They do not think that men and women make different choices based upon biological differences, but entirely because of societal pressures. Scientifically speaking, this is wrong. Stating facts is not a "dog whistle."

You are absolutely right that oppression and abuse of women does happen (see Hedley for one example), but that has nothing to do with the wage gap. I support the #MeToo movement in that regard because sexual abuse needs to be exposed and eliminated, but I don't support lying about the wage gap.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27679
Likes: 3246 posts
Liked in: 9701 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 1st, 2018, 10:35 am

Bigjohn69 wrote:
Now it is fair to ask can we budget our way to better place ? Im not sure but it certainly wont hurt to tryt


Why won't it hurt to try? How can you say that? Look how much hurt has been caused by shysters "trying" to "fight" the man-made climate change myth! Anytime the nanny-state intrudes on the freedom of businesses to operate there is hurt and consequences. Maybe instead of protesting pipelines and advocating for more restrictive bureaucracy, people should be starting up businesses and seeing for themselves how hard it is to navigate the business world as it stands, without adding even more layers of needless oversight deemed necessary by clueless bleeding hearts with zero understanding of reality.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28190
Likes: 12245 posts
Liked in: 16186 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby CapitalB » Mar 1st, 2018, 11:13 am

Bigjohn69 wrote:No one is saying it is oppression of women .again im not sure how dog whistling to the extreme right furthers anything .Maybe study why the RCMP admitted to sexual harrasment gone wild to better understand the issues at play . It has always been about power and who gets to play with it .

Now it is fair to ask can we budget our way to better place ? Im not sure but it certainly wont hurt to try unless a person is a male with a weak ego , im positive them types will be hurt


It seems like a lot of the people making counter arguments here haven't made a super close examination of the budget. A lot of the stuff in it benefits men as a way to give families more options in regards to time off and de facto primary caregiver. They'll always try to twist the argument into being about oppression, or rights, or biology, or social justice when really its just about giving families more options.

The wage gap exists for a lot of reasons, the largest of which is that men have just been the de facto breadwinner for generations. When women are assumed to be the main caregiver in the family, and our societal / government support system assumes that role and provides benefits to that end women will end up in the caregiver role more just because its financially expedient. However with the new benefits going out it'll make it a lot more plausible for families to have fathers as the primary caregivers and mothers out having the main career. There is no way someone can spin that to be a bad thing unless their heads rammed ridiculously far up their backside.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

Merry likes this post.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 810
Likes: 368 posts
Liked in: 513 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 1st, 2018, 11:26 am

CapitalB wrote:However with the new benefits going out it'll make it a lot more plausible for families to have fathers as the primary caregivers and mothers out having the main career. There is no way someone can spin that to be a bad thing unless their heads rammed ridiculously far up their backside.


Yes, there's been a lot of heads ridiculously rammed up backsides in this thread, that I can agree with for sure.

I don't think anyone is spinning anything as a bad thing in terms of dads being more active in their families including having more time with them. I know a lot of dads who feel they don't get enough time with their kids, especially when they are in their early years. Unfortunately dads can't breast-feed, so they usually end up being the ones heading out into the workforce. In my extended family, there are four families with small kids. In all four cases, dad is the one out working all day while mom is at home. I can tell you that in all four cases, the moms wanted this. They do not want to work, at all. And it's not about affordable daycare. It's about wanting to be at home with their children. I realize this drives liberals nuts, but it's the way it is. And my question is - why is that so wrong? Why do women wanting to stay home with their kids make leftists go so nuts? Why can't you just back off and let it be so?

You can try to socially engineer people via budgets and even introduce mega-gazillion dollar bureaucracies whose sole focus is to go around terrorizing businesses and penalizing them because they aren't meeting some brainless bureaucratic PC goals set by morons, but in the end, all you are doing is destroying basic personal freedoms, and that's just wrong.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28190
Likes: 12245 posts
Liked in: 16186 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Veovis » Mar 1st, 2018, 11:37 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Yes, there's been a lot of heads ridiculously rammed up backsides in this thread, that I can agree with for sure.

I don't think anyone is spinning anything as a bad thing in terms of dads being more active in their families including having more time with them. I know a lot of dads who feel they don't get enough time with their kids, especially when they are in their early years. Unfortunately dads can't breast-feed, so they usually end up being the ones heading out into the workforce. In my extended family, there are four families with small kids. In all four cases, dad is the one out working all day while mom is at home. I can tell you that in all four cases, the moms wanted this. They do not want to work, at all. And it's not about affordable daycare. It's about wanting to be at home with their children. I realize this drives liberals nuts, but it's the way it is. And my question is - why is that so wrong? Why do women wanting to stay home with their kids make leftists go so nuts? Why can't you just back off and let it be so?

You can try to socially engineer people via budgets and even introduce mega-gazillion dollar bureaucracies whose sole focus is to go around terrorizing businesses and penalizing them because they aren't meeting some brainless bureaucratic PC goals set by morons, but in the end, all you are doing is destroying basic personal freedoms, and that's just wrong.


Ha ha ha GB, you know full well that a woman's right to make any choice is only valid as long as she "chooses" what the rabid masses think she should choose.

In the grand scheme of things, there is already parental leave, I used it with our second kid for some of the year, my wife the other half. Not sure where "extra" is needed, time is there, and if it is about the $$, well simply put between 55% and 70% of your wage, well it's frankly immaterial money. Those that feel they need the exra 15% can't afford to be off of 100% wages, and those that make really good money won't even take the time as you are only insured to a max $$ figure. A 250K manager isn't going to take a 90% cut because justin made it sound soooo good at the now slightly higher rate.

In the end it is simply money sent somewhere to do very little, but sounds good as a PR item.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
Veovis
Guru
 
Posts: 5828
Likes: 879 posts
Liked in: 4104 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Snman » Mar 1st, 2018, 6:15 pm

Bigjohn69 wrote:
Snman wrote:^^^ And you're talking to me about division while using terms like tin foil hats? Riiight. ^^^

Yes i am . You posted a lie . And terms alex jones uses . He is the king of tinfoil hats . The members bill does not say anything about just islam . It includes all forms of faith .

How about explaining why you tried to post something ment for rightwing extremism ? How,does that have any place in Canada ?


Well Bigjohnny, the link I posted had no disclaimer about it being a lie. As for the comparison to Alex Jones, that was your comparison. So, looks like I don't need to explain anything to you. Carry on though, I love the entertainment.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Snman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1044
Likes: 1154 posts
Liked in: 770 posts
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 6:27 am

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby liisgo » Mar 1st, 2018, 10:41 pm

The 2018 gender budget! What!
Why after 30,40,50 years of the women's movement is it a necessity to treat women like they cant make their own decisions.
That they are not capable of achieving success by themselves. That they need special funding and grants to chose a career in trades and other jobs they have so obviously chosen not to swarm too.
Why is it so important to continually assist women to make certain decisions?
Why do women still need so much help and guidance?
Special attention, funding, grants, representation etc. All part of this budget.
Why the blatant lie on national TV about false statistical numbers to sell the wage gap myth to the people?
I believe women have for decades everything they have needed to succeed where ever they choose.
I believe that nothing has been stopping them from doing so. If this was the case then why have so many succeeded all ready. Some can, some cant. So we need to still assist those that cant and dont want too?
Sorry, enough is enough. Lying, deceit. Pampering, assisting, Special acknowledgement, treatment.
Is this government also spending millions for grants and training for men to entering into women majority fields. Nope?
Guess that is what is has come to.
My wife and 2 daughters achieved success on their own. There own merit, hard work, determination. They do not need to constantly hear that their success and all other women needs to have special attention, treatment, funding etc. to make it in today's world.
See when I work beside a women that fought like the rest of us for the position, I respect her.
When I work beside a women that got special attention, training, quota hiring, etc. I can have no respect.

2 people like this post.
liisgo
Fledgling
 
Posts: 211
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 133 posts
Joined: Jan 19th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Cactusflower » Mar 4th, 2018, 2:29 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/MP-Report ... pharmacare
They must have borrowed one of the BC Liberal script-writers for this piece of trash.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3595
Likes: 1716 posts
Liked in: 750 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby Merry » Mar 4th, 2018, 2:47 pm

The Libs didn't put all that stuff about gender in the budget because they're trying to help women improve their lot in life. They're doing it because our shrinking workforce NEEDS more bodies, and getting more women into the workforce is part of the solution. It's as simple as that.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
User avatar
Merry
Guru
 
Posts: 7576
Likes: 5371 posts
Liked in: 5117 posts
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 12:41 pm

Re: 2018 Budget

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 4th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Merry wrote:The Libs didn't put all that stuff about gender in the budget because they're trying to help women improve their lot in life. They're doing it because our shrinking workforce NEEDS more bodies, and getting more women into the workforce is part of the solution. It's as simple as that.


On this we can agree Merry, though there has to be a will to get into the workforce. Perhaps there should be a law/bureaucracy set up within the government to pay men less money? If men earned less, women would have to work instead of electing to stay home with the kids. I am just throwing out ideas here. Unfortunately whenever you advocate for a larger role for government in social engineering our society, there are no good ideas, only really dumb ones. Like mandating snow plows to plow bikes lanes first instead of roads because more women ride bikes. And creating massive traffic jams as a result. That kind of stupid.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

Who's Dimples? Who's the MP for Kelowna? Both interesting questions that are hard to answer.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28190
Likes: 12245 posts
Liked in: 16186 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Previous

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest